“Cigarette burn holes in the bed spread,There is a mold in...”

Knights Inn Petersburg

Reviewed March 5, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lee G
Reviewed February 12, 2013

So yeah, my truck broke down on the NC/VA border on I-85 (I was traveling from Charlotte, NC to Washington, D.C.... The furthest north the tow truck driver would tow me on my way to the Ford Dealership in Richmond, VA was this Super 8 Hotel... On the way to drop my truck off in the hotel parking lot, the tow truck driver stopped at the Valero gas station around the corner so that I could run inside and pull money out of the ATM to pay him. Already wasted from drinking all day at the Exxon Gas Station in McKenney, VA...while I waited 7 hours for the tow truck to arrive...I decided it was going to be a long night...so I grabbed a few more Fourlokos & a few 40 ounce Smirnoffs...Upon arrival to the hotel, I asked the guy at the front desk if there was anywhere to get food, he directed me down the street to Jade Garden. Let's just say that this hotel is not in the safest neighborhood...I do not recommend walking outside unless you have a gun or knife in your possession...Might I add, I did pass quite a few people strapped with guns on the street outfront of the hotel... Jade Garden (small chinese take-out resturant) is the only location within walking distance of the hotel to get food. Wandering the block down the road to Jade Garden, I passed a few motels that offered rooms for $25.99/night with their main attraction being Free HBO... Upon my arrival to Jade Garden, I immediately met a drug dealer who offered to sell me a gram of weed for $5.00... It was such a deal & I was completely wasted so I figured what the hell...? I bought my food, got hit on by a Gay African American man with no teeth who invited me to hotel room #12 "to hangout with a bunch of girls"... I declined and returned to my room at the Super 8 Motel. Upon re-entering the hotel with my dinner from Jade Garden & my Gram of weed...it just so happened that I found a half used pack of joint wraps laying on the ground right infront of the Super 8 front door! It was like destiny. I re-entered the Super 8 Motel, made my way up to the room. I proceeded to get completely obliterated off my 40's & super high off my gram of weed... Might I add, this hotel has FREE WIFI! It was a great, long night of facebooking & craigslisting... I woke up around 10am, went downstairs. & the hotel even had free donuts & coffee...The only problem that I had with this hotel was the stupid vending machine downstairs...On one occasion it ate one of my quarters & on another occasion it registered one of my quarters as a nickel... If I had to pick a hotel in this area again, I would definitely pick Super 8! For the safety of its customers, 3 sides of the complex have a 8' high chainlink fence, the entire building is surrounded with security cameras, & you must be buzzed in by the guy at the front desk before you can entire the hotel...

Room Tip: I requested a smoking room on the 3rd floor so that I could be as loud as possible without disturbin...