“Great service. Not-so-great bathroom!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #8 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great service. Not-so-great bathroom!”
Reviewed June 25, 2010

The service at the front desk was excellent. Someone else paid for the room and even though the staff was different from the time that the room was bought, they knew that I was there to pick up a key and acknowledged me by name. The next day, the staff was as equally as enthusiastic as the day before and acted as if she knew me. Another thing that I didn't appreciate was the fact that I could not take my breakfast back to my room. Other than those things, the room itself was nice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Columbus
Reviewed May 2, 2010

Older hoter but its in decent shape. I droped my car keys behind the night stand and found they had not cleaned there since hotel was opened.. Bath was clean and, if you did't look behind the night stand the room was clean enough. The breakfast was very average. Ther was a poster on the breakfast bar showing a basket of fruit but that was as close as it got. NO FRUIT

• Stayed April 2010
Sandwich, MA
Reviewed March 18, 2010

We stopped for one night on our way down south. Hotel was convenient from highway. Room was clean, nice size. Staff was very accommodating and continental breakfast was good. Can't beat the price. Would stay there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
NL
Reviewed March 4, 2010

The tub and toilet bowl was filthy, hairs around the tub, behind door, dirt on floor around toilet bowl and behind the cover of the bowl. Called about it and they sent a man with a can of spray, he did not clean the ring around the bowl, or the tub, he just sprayed the bottom of the tub. Everything else was as we found it. Could not bath in it and was afraid to shower. Dust on most things in the room, coffee pot, radio, tv. Smoky smell in room when we got there. Was afraid to sleep in bed, afraid that was not clean, we used one of the double beds. Was the worst experience of our stay in any establishment. Left a comment for the manager, have not heard from them. My in laws stay there all the time but will not any more. They were to have this room, 219 but because of her allergies and the smoky smell, I took that one and gave her 217.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank karenjanes
plainview,ny.
Reviewed April 22, 2009

This hotel is well worth the money. It is about 100 yards off I-95 but extremely quite. Rooms are nice and the beds very comfortable. Great nights sleep. The breakfast was good,see prior write-up. One restaurant next door-didn't eat there.Places to eat a few minutes up Crater road. Desk personnel were excellent, friendly and helpful. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 15, 2009

Nice hotel right off the I-95 (sort of in Hotel Row). They honoured the discount coupon found in the Interstate Coupon Book (that you find at the Rest Areas along the Interstate), additionally they still gave us our Choice Reward Points.

The rooms have an outside corridor, so they are very private. We had a King Bed room which also came with a Kitchenette (small fridge, microwave and stove top). The bathroom was pretty average, but had a good shower. Internet service was FREE.

There is a Restaurant on site called Lighthouse Seafood. We were trying to decide where to eat when we met a couple from Florida who were coming across the parking lot, they said they had been turned off by the amount of smoke in the restaurant (Virginia is a Smoking State). I went to see for myself, I can’t say I found the smoke really bad, but I was hoping for something a bit more upscale… we ended up at the Steven Kent Family Restaurant just down the road (beside the Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg).

Overall we had a good stay. We got a good nights sleep (bed was comfy) and in the morning headed off to the Hotel’s Complimentary Breakfast. The Breakfast Room was spacious and comfortable and located just off of the Lobby. Breakfast is served from 6 to 9 AM. Besides the usual cold cereals and coffee there was also juice, tea, bread (and a toaster), bagels, muffins and French Toast, Eggs and Sausages. The food was good.

Check Out was easy, we were even offered a complimentary newspaper. The Front Desk Staff (Owners) were very welcoming. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would stay there again in the future.

• Liked — It was very convenient to Interstate-95
  • Disliked — Onsite Restaurant could have been better
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Wine-4-2