“Oh My: Hard to beat a $36 Hotel, But don't ask for much”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Oh My: Hard to beat a $36 Hotel, But don't ask for much”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Read the reviews, they are all true. Big Plus, I paid $32 for one night through Priceline Express Deals, total was $36 including taxes. It's on this basis alone that I am rating it with 3 stars. The room is passable, about 100 feet and facing Interstate 95. The hotel blocks the noise for all the more expensive hotels down the street. Just turn on the AC or fan and it blocks the noise (mostly). Room was clean if not a bit shabby, only bad was someone before me had Peed on the bathroom floor and it wasn't cleaned up- If you are expecting luxury that was this hotel about 20 years ago- find a hotel priced at 3x the amount next door. I usually stay at Motel 6, and this was an improvement. If they try the bait and switch $39.99 loss leader just walk away-It's not worth $50-$60. They are trying, but they pay to use the Howard Johnson Name as they are a franchise and are having a hard time living up to that standard- there are worse Howard Johnsons out there but not many.

Room Tip: Priceline Express Deals, Check your room in the first 15 minutes and complain like crazy if it is di...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Largo, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I've stayed here twice before and while it wasn't that good, it wasn't that bad either. I don't know what happened but it is very bad now. I requested the same room I've stayed in before but it wasn't available so I had one a few doors down. The lady who checked me in was very nice but it took 2 tries to get keycard to work. I noticed the room wasn't very clean, the floor needed vacuuming. Unlike other reviewers I didn't notice any odors and the bed was clean. The towels were stained but smelled ok. I was very disappointed that the bed didn't have a solid base under it which meant I was going to have trouble in the morning with my cat hiding under the bed. That was one of the reasons I requested a room I knew. It had a base that had a little space that of course my cat found. I had to get housekeeping to lift the mattress so I could get him. The second time I covered the space-problem solved. I honestly don't remember if the furniture was dusty or not. The bed was comfortable enough. The shower sprayed water all over the bathroom which I discovered when my towel and clothes were all wet. When I checked out I mentioned the bathroom issue and the clerk wrote it on a list that had at least 10 other problems listed. I asked for a receipt and was told I should have gotten one when I checked in (I didn't) It took him about 5 minutes or more trying to get it. Finally someone else came in and hit like 2 buttons and printed it. And yes my cat hid under the bed. Fortunately I could reach him myself and while it was dusty I didn't see anything else under there. I don't expect much from motels that are inexpensive and take pets, but this place was worse than expected. I will be finding a different place to stay when I drive back to Maine next spring.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Travelers also viewed these Petersburg hotels
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Gateway Inn
Gateway Inn
#10 of 18 in Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Petersburg / Dinwiddie

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Rodeway Inn

Property: Rodeway Inn
Address: 12205 S Crater Rd, Petersburg, VA 23805-7442 (Formerly Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg)
Location: United States > Virginia > Petersburg
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool
Ranked #16 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
Hotel Class:2 star — Rodeway Inn 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Hotel Petersburg