We stayed for one night only. The first thing we noticed on arrival was that the pictures on the wall in reception where all crooked - not very promising. On arrival we were given room keys that did not work. Eventually a member of staff let us into another room which was on the upper floor. This room looked clean at first glance but the passageway outside was filthy it had not been vacuumed and there was an old band aid on the floor. We asked them to clean it and after it had been cleaned they still had left the tiled area at each end of the passageway covered in dirt and badly needing a mop and water. The ceiling had tiles hanging off and the whole of the outside area looked dirty and in need of maintenance.
The room was smelly and the furniture was dusty and needed a good polish. The beds had sheets on and an old bedspread both of which were ripped and had seen better days, did not look like they had been washed in a long time it did not look very inviting. The bedding was clean but very old and thin as where the towels in the bathroom. The toilet was filthy and badly needed bleach and disenfectant. The interenet connection which was part of the package did not work in the room and neither did the telephone. The ceiling of the room had a big stain on it where rain or damp had got in.
The hotel barely provided what if offerred and in some cases failed badly.
One good thing was that there was plenty of hot water. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone nor will we be staying another Howard Johnson Inn as long as we live.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Choice Hotels and Travelocity so you can book your Rodeway Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Petersburg Hotel Petersburg
- Howard Johnson Hotel Petersburg
- Petersburg Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Petersburg