“Great rest from long journey!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great rest from long journey!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This is one of the better hotels we've stayed in on our FL road trip. The staff was great & accommodating - room was huge & clean - same for the bathroom. Location was ok as we were just passing through & needed a place to crash. I'm a stickler for the 'at home' feel when I travel & this was pretty close.

• Stayed December 2013
cx_peva, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
We are pleased to see you had good stay and look forward to your next. Thank you

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
Reviewed November 18, 2013

my boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 days and it was a very comfortable and pleasant stay. The breakfast was good..the people were so nice and it was in a very good location close to restaurants and shopping centers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vestal
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We were tired & decided to find a hotel close to I95 easy to find. Front desk staff was very nice although while checking me in she took a phone call & instead of putting them on hold she left me standing there while she answered several questions & which kept me waiting longer than I should have. The room was nice clean but the bathroom needs some repair some of the wall paper was peeling off. Breakfast buffet was good they even had glasses & glass plates which was great! I hate eating on paper plates! Over all good place to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersburg, VA
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Not sure how this place was given a 2.5 star rating, it is NOT a 2.5 hotel. I came on Labor Day weekend so I expected it to be busy, but you would also expect the hotel to prepare for that. There was a family reunion taking place and ONE person working both the front desk and the kitchen/dining area. ONE person on Labor Day weekend. She was never at the desk, you had to go find her in the dining room area. A very nice young lady, but she needed help.

I was given a handicapped room at first and asked to be changed. The second room I was given was just as weird. It was huge with a lot of empty space, very little furniture. Very dim! The few lights (one blown in the lamp) did not light the room well at all, it was like a dungeon. Beyond this, the room had a dank smell that it seems someone tried to cover up with a perfumed spray. The air was tight and it was hard to breathe. I sooo wanted to leave but couldn't because I knew I wouldn't be refunded. It was awful, simply awful. I am someone used to staying in 3 star or higher hotels and expected this one to be at least somewhere in that vicinity. It wasn't at all. I may have come out better saving a few dollars and staying at a Days Inn or something. At least I might have been able to breathe.

My advice, spend the money you would have spent here and find a hotel more worthy of your dollars. You WILL be disappointed if you stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We take pride in our “Yes I Can!” culture and do apologize that you did not receive this level of service. We take the time to listen to your constructive comments, so we can continually improve our services. We hope for another opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Please reach out to any of our employees directly should you have any concerns during or after your next stay.
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed July 31, 2013

There was nothing spectacular nor terrible about this hotel. It is exactly what I expected from a Country Inn & Suites.
There was a slightly musty odor in the halls. The rooms were clean. Our toilet had a clogging problem, it even had it's own plunger in the bathroom just in case, so they were clearly aware of the problem. The breakfast selection was small, but good. Everyone found something they wanted to eat.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Monroe, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Staff VERY friendly. Easy check in and out. Room and pool are smaller in this location, but ok
Quiet rooms decent breakfast. Great cookies> kids loved them. We will continue to look for locations on other trips

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We pleased to see you had a good stay with us. Look forward to your next visit when you come to the area.
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We arrived a little late but got checked right in fast. Got to the room and they even had a little "goodie bag" waiting on the desk. Room seemed larger than most rooms around and was very clean. We were hungry after a long day on the road and front desk was helpful in finding a good place very near by. Set back far off the road too so it was quiet. Their entrance is pretty hidden though, easy to miss. All staff was friendly and breakfast area was clean. Even got two morning papers (Local and USA Today!)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
The Ragland Mansion B&B and Events
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg? Share your experiences!