Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Petersburg
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I don't typically stay in these types of hotels, but was visiting a relative in a nearby hospital and it was the closest hotel. I have to say, I was impressed. The rooms were clean and the staff were exceedingly friendly. Since I left my house for an emergency situation, I came to the hotel with only the shirt on my back. The front-desk clerk kindly gave me al sorts of toiletries. The nightly cookies were a nice touch and the breakfast wasn't bad.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I stayed at this location for a week on a business trip and found it to be a very clean and nice hotel. Each morning there was a different choice of hot breakfast along with bagel fruit and juices. There are many good places too eat close by and lots of historical places to visit. The pool also felt great after a hot day working.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 23, 2012

We all loved this hotel when we were passing through petersburg. the hotel is verry nice and clean loved the cookies in the lobby. the rooms were verry clean we had room 325 and it was two queen room and it was wonderful. There was a indoor pool and hot tub and they were wonderful as well. The fitness center had many diffrent types of exersize equiptment. The staff was very nice and were ready to meat our every need they even made us hot chocolate. Overall i have no complaints about this wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Drake B
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Thank you for your nice comments concerning your stay with us. We look forward to your next visit to our ciry.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Original request was for a King room. Room assigned was on 3rd floor and had a constant roar. Front desk said it was machinery on the roof and moved us to a suite on the second floor. A much quieter room. However, the room was depressing for the following reasons: carpet very worn and staine; couch and chairs had a lot of stains; beds had a old style spread that was very heavy and either on or off.

The personnel were polite and the breakfast was okay.

Would not recommend this hotel until it gets a remodel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank upperlimit
cx_peva, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

I'm sorry that your stay with us wasn't to your standards. We are working on cleaning carpets,but at the time of your visit we hadn't got to the room you stayed in. We do hope that your will give us another chance if your ever in the area again.
Tina Feury

Reviewed September 7, 2012

Nice hotel; clean room; convenient to I95. Complementary breakfast had a good selection of fruit, hot / cold cereal, bagels, muffins, waffles, eggs, bacon, sausage and potatoes, coffee and tea but
certainly not a reason to stay there. We are breakfast people and should have went to an IHop or Waffle House.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8053nonno2012
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2012

I'm sorry that our breakfast wasn't to your liking. We serve what is required. Hope that you will visit us again. All depending on the day determines what is put out for breakfast. We serve something different each day.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

So I'm writing this while it is all fresh in my mind and I'm sitting in my room. This is my first time ever staying at a Country Inn and Suites and I've only been here for a night and have 2 days left that I'm staying here for so hopefully my opinon changes, cause right now I'm tired, it's 3 am, and I'm pissed. The front desk lady that helped me check in this afternoon was so sweet and kind. I don't remember her name but she was friendly and knowing I was out of town offered me all kinds of help and directions. :) The shampoos in the bathroom smell wonderful! That's where the good things end.

The housekeeping needs some training or someone to do walkthroughs when they have "finished" cleaning a room. When I first walked in the room I looked at the beds in confusion. I've worked as a housekeeper 2 years back so I know how hotels work, that's why I never sleep with the comforter on since most hotels (even 5 star) will just change the sheets and leave the comforter on the bed for up to 2 weeks before taking it off and washing it, the fluffly white cover had yellow spots all over it. I threw it off the bed and next to the door with my old towels in hopes that housekeeping would take it the next day. The biggest yellow spot is facing up lol. 1 bed was made very nicely with everything even and pretty and the other bed for some reason looked like a toddler tried to make it. The pillows were just thrown up top and the comforter was thrown across the bed and fell partially on the floor. I opted not to sleep in that one. I would have gotten a room with a king size bed but sadly this was all they had available.

The walls are paper thin. The guests in the room to the left of me have kept me up all night!!! They fought until 1am and then blasted their T.V! Finally around 2am I couldn't take it anymore, I really needed some sleep so I called down to the front desk to see if they could help. Boy oh boy can you say rude? I was so surprised how nonchalant the lady acted, like how dare I disturb her with this at 2am and needless to say she didn't bother to do anything. I wanted to be asleep! Instead I lay here wide awake in my room and it's 3am, I'm guessing the guests left or the people next to their room murdered them from lack of sleep. Either way I could get 4 hours of rest until I had to pick up my husband from Fort Lee. I'm hoping that the next 2 days of my stay here only get better and I get a non peed on comforter tomorrow morning lol it's the little things that make a hotel stay fun. -.-

Oh and is it just me or is it weird that the curtains don't close all the way? Your room is constantly bright and if you're unlucky like me and have the worst luck ever you'll get a room that faces the building next to it that has outside lights that illuminate your entire room. Thinking about throwing the other comforter up there so it's less bright in here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the building to the right. They have bright bright lights and t...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank JCThurman
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We slept well and found food for beakfast, but the room and especially the beds seemd to be trown together and the sheets and comforters were very wrinkled and kinda thrown together. The breakfast lacked bacon or sasuage and the eggs were discusting. We enjoy a hot breakfast but the selection was limiting, the oatmeal was too watery to eat and the hot items were not paletable. We ate sara lee pasteries and bagels, but wanted more.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

I'm sorry that our breakfast wasn't up to your standards. I will speak with my housekeeping staff. We do hope that you will visit us again if your ever in the area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Hampton Inn Petersburg - Ft. Lee
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg? Share your experiences!