“Dissapointed”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Pueblo, Colorado, United States
“Dissapointed”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

So I'm writing this while it is all fresh in my mind and I'm sitting in my room. This is my first time ever staying at a Country Inn and Suites and I've only been here for a night and have 2 days left that I'm staying here for so hopefully my opinon changes, cause right now I'm tired, it's 3 am, and I'm pissed. The front desk lady that helped me check in this afternoon was so sweet and kind. I don't remember her name but she was friendly and knowing I was out of town offered me all kinds of help and directions. :) The shampoos in the bathroom smell wonderful! That's where the good things end.

The housekeeping needs some training or someone to do walkthroughs when they have "finished" cleaning a room. When I first walked in the room I looked at the beds in confusion. I've worked as a housekeeper 2 years back so I know how hotels work, that's why I never sleep with the comforter on since most hotels (even 5 star) will just change the sheets and leave the comforter on the bed for up to 2 weeks before taking it off and washing it, the fluffly white cover had yellow spots all over it. I threw it off the bed and next to the door with my old towels in hopes that housekeeping would take it the next day. The biggest yellow spot is facing up lol. 1 bed was made very nicely with everything even and pretty and the other bed for some reason looked like a toddler tried to make it. The pillows were just thrown up top and the comforter was thrown across the bed and fell partially on the floor. I opted not to sleep in that one. I would have gotten a room with a king size bed but sadly this was all they had available.

The walls are paper thin. The guests in the room to the left of me have kept me up all night!!! They fought until 1am and then blasted their T.V! Finally around 2am I couldn't take it anymore, I really needed some sleep so I called down to the front desk to see if they could help. Boy oh boy can you say rude? I was so surprised how nonchalant the lady acted, like how dare I disturb her with this at 2am and needless to say she didn't bother to do anything. I wanted to be asleep! Instead I lay here wide awake in my room and it's 3am, I'm guessing the guests left or the people next to their room murdered them from lack of sleep. Either way I could get 4 hours of rest until I had to pick up my husband from Fort Lee. I'm hoping that the next 2 days of my stay here only get better and I get a non peed on comforter tomorrow morning lol it's the little things that make a hotel stay fun. -.-

Oh and is it just me or is it weird that the curtains don't close all the way? Your room is constantly bright and if you're unlucky like me and have the worst luck ever you'll get a room that faces the building next to it that has outside lights that illuminate your entire room. Thinking about throwing the other comforter up there so it's less bright in here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that isn't facing the building to the right. They have bright bright lights and t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank JCThurman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Central Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2012

We slept well and found food for beakfast, but the room and especially the beds seemd to be trown together and the sheets and comforters were very wrinkled and kinda thrown together. The breakfast lacked bacon or sasuage and the eggs were discusting. We enjoy a hot breakfast but the selection was limiting, the oatmeal was too watery to eat and the hot items were not paletable. We ate sara lee pasteries and bagels, but wanted more.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
I'm sorry that our breakfast wasn't up to your standards. I will speak with my housekeeping staff. We do hope that you will visit us again if your ever in the area.
wilmington, nc
Reviewed May 20, 2012

we walk in 4 hotel in ashville, va they said there were no room we keep driving to comfort inn finally we go there 4 am the guy jason work there night stift help us out .. and sure enough we get the room 312 i think she were sleep tilll 930 am we get up thursday morining may 9th we head it home...bed sure was so comfort and pillow was so soft i love it ..
i think i left my black back pack in the room with baby diaper etc,,,

Room Tip: shuld have break from 7 am till 10 am we misss our breakfast
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
cx_peva, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
We are glad to see you had a good stay with us. It's always nice to here our guest say they had a good sleep.
Reviewed May 10, 2012

This hotel is only supposed to be about four years old but it must see a lot of business because it's pretty worn already. The furniture is in need of replacment soon and it doesn't seem like they paid much attention to detail when it was built. The bathroom sink faucet is set back so far that it's next to impossible to wash your hands without bumping into the sink edge. The closet is not deep enough so if you hang any clothes in it, you can't close the door.
When we walked into our suite I immediately noticed two pennies on the floor right in front of the couch, giving the impression that the room hadn't been vacuumed after the previous guest. Other than that, while not spotless, it was fairly clean.
There are only two luggage carts and one of them was about to collapse in a heap.
We used points for this stay but if we had been paying I would have been even less happy with the condition of the place.
The hotel is in a quiet industrial area and once you get a few blocks away you're in what could best be described as a "low rent" district.
The breakfast area is too small with only about eight tables and is not very well laid out but since we're early risers, it was fine. I would imagine it gets pretty crowded at times.
There was no printer in the business center so we had to give our email info at the front desk, have them log in for us and then print our document with the hotel's printer. It worked out but was awkward.
Kaitlyn at the front desk was great. Although she seemed to be working alone and there were a lot of other people checking in when we got there, she remained friendly, helpful and upbeat.
We ate at Betto's, which was pretty good.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hatessquash
Reviewed April 7, 2012

We always enjoy staying here. Clean, safe, staff is super friendly. I didn't make it to breakfast this trip so I can't comment on that. If you are looking for somewhere in Petersburg or even close... This is the place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed November 8, 2011

Stayed October 18-20, 2011.
Hotel staff is wonderful and accommodating.
Breakfast is your basic free breakfast fare.
Room was clean, bed was extremely comfortable.
There was NO evidence of bedbugs. I comment on this issue for every hotel I review.

There is nothing around here except for a sort of isolated and run down town, and 95 north or south.
The WaWa store/gas station is down the road about a minute, and I'd suggest not venturing too much further for food/gas/entertainment.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Stfnee
Roseville
Reviewed September 8, 2011

*Rooms were clean
*Beds were nice

Disappointment

*Breakfast was very limited and far below what we have come to expect from Country Inn.

*Housekeeping, came at 10 AM (check out far before our check out time and we did have a do not disturb sign on door) found it necessary to come in when we were showering and getting ready for the day.
We were going to complain to management but it was management who was direction housekeeping turn the rooms. :(

Giving the current state of our economy that any company who are in the business of hotels hospitality would be as bold as to push paying guest out on to the street with a smile is not a hotel that I will be recommending to my traveling friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Thriftstorequeen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petersburg
Holiday Inn Express Petersburg-Fort Lee
Comfort Suites Southpark
Comfort Suites Southpark
#3 of 8 in Colonial Heights
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South/Southpark
Hilton Garden Inn Richmond South...
#1 of 8 in Colonial Heights

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Petersburg? Share your experiences!