See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I stay at the Rose Garden often and i find it excellent for the price.My a/c did not work on my last trip and i was upgraded to a room with a bigger bed.This people are new owners and i have witness them trying hard to improve the place.So to all the negative reviews "dont go looking for steak with ground beef money"

Room Tip: all are good
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Rose G, General Manager at Texas Inn Brownsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Thank you for your kind review. See ya next time you in town.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Room was very musty, meaning a/c had to be turned on high to try to alleviate the smell; the phone did not work at all (no dial tone);we had to ask for toilet paper as there was NONE in the room and no kleenex. If it were not already late, we would definitely be going somewhere else. I guess you get what you pay for...

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

I am really sorry for what you had to go through, but please give us another chance to prove you that we can do lot better and make your trip more enjoyable.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Be very careful with your credit cards you pay at Rose Garden Inn. They will continue charging your credit card after months of checking out. DO NOT STAY AT THIS INN!!!! BE AWARE! Take the next hotel and pay with check or cash....

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Connie A
Rose G, Manager at Texas Inn Brownsville Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

I am really sorry to hear that, but there might be an misunderstanding.
May I ask you did you try to contact us regarding why was the card charged or when? I would love to fix this problem for you please let me know

Reviewed January 8, 2013

The Rose Garden was very nice for not having any reservation. I found it to be clean and comfortable. It had everything I needed for the weekend...bed, lite breakfast, laundry room and near the places I needed to go. I, also, found it would be good for doing business in Brownsville with the Texas Workforce Commission, South Texas Behavioral Health and other Training and Educational Sites and Institutions including BISD and the University of Texas.

Room Tip: Coffee Served 24/7...ground floor near the Roses!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your feed back and for letting us provide you with our hospitality. Hope to see you back.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

I stayed this weekend and got 800.00 dollars stolen by the housekeeper lady will reveal her name later... She accepted she had my daughters Ipod, filed police report, another housekeeping ladey literally abused me verbally, will sue this place and will make them refund me what they stold....If I was you I would not stay there.....I have proof of eveything, tried to talk to the manager but he is a rude man who does not care at all.....police took Ipod away from lady, but still there are 450.00 pending to get back......Not a good place to stay at all...Have pictures of lady but will reveal later that way everyone can see who she is...

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family