Courtyard Brownsville
$85
$144
Fairfield Inn
$63
Value Place Brownsville(Brownsville)(Great Value!)
$50
Travelocity
$82
TripAdvisor
$58
TripAdvisor
Residence Inn Brownsville(Brownsville)
All reviewsfront deskstarbucks coffeeyogurt parfaithotel staffnice hotelsouth padre islandlots of restaurantsa great staywould stay here againrecommend this hotelmarriottjennifershuttlebusinessgoldtvgym
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay at this property often for work. The staff is very attentive and willing to go out of their way for you. It appears there are all new mattresses in the rooms. Good location for great restaurants and mall. There is no longer a hot tub at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank ilovecincy
THOMAS P, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Dear ilovecincy,

It is wonderful to know that you often stay at Courtyard Brownsville during your business trips. We are glad to be able to accommodate your lodging needs and we thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Our staff strives to meet each guest’s expectations on their every stay and they will be very happy to learn about your feedback.
We recently got new mattresses in June of 2013 and we have had excellent feedback from many of our guests so far. We are centrally located in the heart of Brownsville surrounded by many local attractions, such as great restaurants and the mall as you mentioned.
I apologize for the recent removal of our spa. Ownership carefully evaluated the costs to maintain the spa over its lifetime, including monthly maintenance, chemicals and other operation expenses. Upon review, it was determined that the cost to operate the spa overweighed the value of the spa as an amenity
We look forward to continuing to serve you during your travels to Brownville Texas to ensure that you always have a great trip.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

The room was ok at best. I think it was a little high for the quality of the room. It had a place for a mini fridge but no fridge. The TV could not be watched from the bed. It was just an ok hotel. The check in desk people were very nice. Parking lot could use more lighting very dark

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff P
THOMAS P, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Jeff P.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard during your business trip to Brownsville and for taking the time to review our hotel. I understand that you have a choice when you travel, and I am glad you chose us for your accommodations.

I am pleased that you found our desk people to be very nice. They work hard to always exceed our guest’s service expectations.

I understand that your stay left you with the impression of an okay hotel and high for the quality of the room. I would like to share with you that we do have complimentary mini refrigerators and microwaves available upon guest request including a full service lounge and room service available Monday thru Thursday. We also provide free upgrades upon availability. I will inform my desk staff about your concerns so that we can create more awareness of what we have to offer at Courtyard Brownsville.

The safety of our guest is our priority and I will be meeting with our maintenance department to ensure that all parking lot lights are working properly and to purchase brighter light to enhance the lighting in our parking lot.

I hope that you consider staying with us in the future and give us an opportunity to win you back when you travel to Brownsville.

Thomas P. and Team

Reviewed March 16, 2013

After reading other reviews on this hotel it seems most of us have the same opinion: average. Although, my first impression was "this is a really nice hotel." But, the longer my stay was the more I realized management should reconsider some decisions. The first couple of mornings breakfast was served fresh on porcelain dishes and with silverware. My last morning it was served with styrofoam plates and plastic utensils and the food was starting to taste like it was being recycled from days before. The pool was not maintained very well. This should be managements focal point given the fact most visitors are in the area to soak up the sun. Had I not visited the pool or stayed more than a couple of days, I would have given this hotel an "Excellent" rating.

Room Tip: Rooms above the pool are a little noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
THOMAS P, General Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Dear Connoisseur77,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Brownsville and for staying at our location during your business trip in March.
It is through our guest comments that we are able to track and measure our guest’s satisfaction and improve our overall performance. Our primary goal is to exceed our guest’s expectations with their every stay. During the month of March we anticipate sports groups on weekends and as a convenience to these groups we provide disposable tableware. I have met with our team and we will implement having the option of porcelain plates and silverware including disposable tableware available on the weekends. I do apologize for the quality of food you had on your last day with us and I have also met with our staff to ensure this does not happen again.
Most visitors do look forward to soaking up the sun in the pool area, and I sincerely apologize for the poor maintenance you found at the pool during your stay. I assure you I have met with our maintenance team to resolve these issues and ensure we meet our guests’ expectations.
Please visit us again when in Brownsville, we look forward to serving you soon.
Attentively,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good location, across the highway from the Mall and numerous restaurants. There isn't anything wrong with this hotel, it is just your average Courtyard. The staff was friendly and the hotel was in good shape overall. There were little things, your average wear and tear type things that didn't appear to be taken care of. Not sure how old the property is, but it is starting to show some age? The rooms were in good shape and were clean. I did not eat in-house for any meal, so no comments about the restaurant.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travelnow39
THOMAS P, Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear travelnow39,
Thank you for choosing Courtyard Brownsville during business travel in March, I am happy to know that you found our staff to be friendly and our rooms clean and in good shape.
Courtyard Brownsville is still one of the newest hotels in town and I thank you for noticing we are in good shape overall. Our team works hard every day to ensure our guests experience a comfortable and enjoyable stay. I have met with our team and we will be walking our property to target the little things that reflect wear and tear and we will fix them immediately.
I invite you to visit us again when you are in the area and try our restaurant services. We are open for Breakfast every morning including dinner and hospitality hour Monday-Thursday evenings. We look forward to serving you soon.
Attentively,
Manager at Courtyard Brownsville

Reviewed February 27, 2013

Stayed here for 2 weeks. Nice clean hotel. Lobby is busy in the evenings with meetings, picture takeing and even a get rich quick seminar one night LOL!! Never bothered me. On second floor. Thin walls. Kids loud at pool until 9pm. Guy working with me was above me and it sounded like he was dancing with every step. All and all not bad. Front desk had cookies after 7pm if you ask. Breakfast was usual normal. What was not usual was a lady hovering over you, jocking for a tip in a self service area. Makes you feel uncomfortable

As always I carry a small fan and put a white cloth behind it for huge noise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
THOMAS P, Manager at Courtyard Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear TexasFight1979

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott in Brownsville during your 2 week stay and for taking the time to review our hotel in Tripadvisor. We understand that you have a choice when you travel, and we’re glad you chose us for your accommodations.

Thank you for noticing the cleanliness of our hotel. Every day we work hard to exceed our customer’s expectations. The hotel strives for our guests to have an enjoyable and comfortable experience.

We are sorry about the noise you experienced and we thank you for your patience with this matter during the weekend when we had sports teams.

We would like to thank you for your views during the restaurant breakfast time, we have met with our restaurant staff to ensure we provide a relaxed and pleasant experience during breakfast hours.

Thanks again, please think of us on your next visit to Brownsville!