“just the basics” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Brownsville
Forestville, California
“just the basics”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I was under the impression that Marriott properties would be a little nicer than this. The building and fixtures were fine in appearance, but a lot was lacking. Both of our queen beds had cheap and very thin mattresses. One had an extremely pronounced "divot" showing an extreme amount of wear. We both had sore backs after sleeping on these.
Near the gym/laundry/pool area, there was a strong gas smell; glad our rooms were on the other end.
The food available was fine and convenient, and the staff was friendly enough. There were computers and a printer available in the lounge/bar area, which was convenient.
I will not stay here if I return to the area.

Room Tip: Opposite end of building from laundry and workout room
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

There was a major fight in the hallway at 4am. F-bombs and all. I thought the cops we coming it was so bad. Obviously I could not get back to sleep. When I came down in the morning the janitor was watching soccer on the tv in the guest area. When I asked if we could put the news on he said "the match is almost over". I guess he missed his customer service training. There are 10 other hotels within 0.1 miles. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

This I a great place to stay and the perks of everything so close by helps. There is a mall lots of resruraunts, food marts. The staff is amazing and Brenda the bartender seems to find a way to make a bad day turn around. I stay there a few times a yr and wouldn't stay anywhere else. Even if it ment I had to drive every day.

• Stayed September 2011
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

This was our first stay at the Marriott since our prefered hotel chain was booked for the week of our travel. Upon arrival we checked in at the front desk where the staff was not very friendly or welcoming. As we made our way to our room we were impressed with the overall cleanliness of the hotel. Our room seemed clean and tastefully decorated. The beds were not very comfortable, too stiff for my liking. Extra sheets/comforter in the closet had not been washed from previous guests. There was no refrigerator or microwave in our room and the ice machine on our floor was out of ice. The hotel has a snack bar area but be prepared to pay outrageous prices since they have no vending machines on site. There is also a charge for breakfast but we did not eat there so I am not sure about the quality of the food. The pool was clean but not heated as advertised. There were no towels in the pool area so we had to request some from the front desk. I was not very happy with the overall value of this hotel. I would only recommend this hotel to business travelers. I don't beleive we will be returning to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank onceuponatravel
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

This is one the best Courtyards we have ever stayed. The lobby and rooms were exceptionally clean. Service was outstanding.located on Hwy 77 however traffic noise was not an issue.Rooms are large and tastefully furnished. Everythign worked in the room.This Courthyard has a buffet breakfast which the guest may purchase. The $7.95 was actaully a very good price for the selection of hot items available.Free newspapers.Not too far from the Mexico border and pleatly of shopping around the hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2009

I stayed at the Courtyard Brownsville the night of July 27 on business. This was my third trip to this hotel. The location is good, across from the main Brownsville shopping mall on US 77 and close to Ruben Torres Dr if you are going to South Padre Island (about 25 minutes). Be sure to get a high numbered room (on the west side of the hotel) or you will hear the constant traffic noise on US 77. The first time I stayed there I was on the west side. The second time, I got in to the hotel late and didn't get much sleep. This last time I was on the third (highest floor) and was assigned a low room number. I went to the room and determined that there was still significant noise so I went back to the front desk. A woman was checking in and got a west side room on the second floor. I was told the hotel was fully booked and the only room still available was a handicap accessible room on the first floor so I took it. The rooms are comfortable but the desk chairs do not elevate high enough to make it comfortable when using a computer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2008

Located about 10 minutes west of Brownsville, this Courtyard gives you exactly what you expect; clean room and regular amenities.

Staff was efficient and courteous. The lounge area was busy during the evening and morning, although we did not use the bar or restaurant during our stay.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
Staybridge Suites Brownsville
#6 of 25 in Brownsville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Island
Hilton Garden Inn South Padre Is...
#1 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,403 reviews
Pearl South Padre
Pearl South Padre
#9 of 32 in South Padre Island
3.5 of 5 bubbles 1,503 reviews
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padre Island
Ramada Hotel & Suites South Padr...
#7 of 32 in South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Padre Island
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Pad...
#2 of 32 in South Padre Island
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,211 reviews

Been to Courtyard Brownsville? Share your experiences!