“Tasty and Authentically Mexican in Every Way!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Taqueria El Ultimo Taco
Ranked #7 of 361 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
“Tasty and Authentically Mexican in Every Way!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

Be prepared to use/practice your Spanish if you come here for some of their delicious Mexican food. The menu is exclusively in Spanish and the staff that was there when we ate only spoke Spanish. The food was very well done. My favorite item was a special soup (I think that was its name "sopa especial"). We liked everything we had and felt that the food held it's own when compared to the food we had in Mexico the next few days after our meal here.

Visited July 2014

Hot Springs, Arkansas
“Great food and a local feel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

The food was fresh and very flavorful. We had tacos for the most part, and figured out that at .99 each, you need to order at least a plate of six to make a meal. They are small, just two or three bites each, but no problem there... we just ordered more. It had a very "local" feel and it was loud, full of families and soccer of TV. You definitely need to try this place.

Visited July 2014
Brownsville, Texas
“Never again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I visited this place because I thought it would be something similar to the one in Matamoros Tamps. Mexico, which is the border town of Brownsville, boy was I wrong, the tacos were not good at all, the tortillas used for our tacos were expired I guess because they had a funny taste to it plus they weren't warm/hot, to top it off the lemonade we order was awful, first time and last time, never again will I visit this place again, just don't understand why is so popular.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SPS35
Houston, Texas
“Real Mexican Food and Warm Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We were in Brownsville on business for a few days and three of us headed for the FedEx Kinko's on the North Expressway in a mad rush from the airport, but very hungry. Just as we approached the shopping center with the FedEx location we looked over to the right and saw Ultimo Taco. Wow! It was like a lightning bolt. Each of us had visions of the ultimate taco, so we stopped in. I can't adequately describe the experience in words. The restaurant is a simple Mexican restaurant with hot, fresh, home made style Mexican food and low prices. The restaurant was packed at 1:30 p.m. The wait staff are so friendly and genuine. We had the tacos, flautas, and tostadas with Mexican coca cola and lemonade. One of us had the bean soup with special things added such as avocado, pico de gallo, and more. The food was really fresh and delicious. When I saw how small our bill was, I was a little shocked. My guess is that if you are a Brownsville area resident, you already know how great this place is. If you aren't, you must check it out.

• Visited November 2013
Houston, Texas
“Quick, cheap, authentic tacos!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Great place for late night dining option in Brownsville. Felt like I was in Mexico. The menu is in Spanish but you can figure it out pretty quick. 2 plates of tacos & 2 sodas cost around $12.50 for 2 people. You can't beat that. The service was fast. The waitress was nice and friendly. I definitely recommend this place for your taco craving any time of the day, but especially late at night perhaps after the club/bars/beach. You can't beat the home made corn tortilla.

• Visited July 2013