“Wonderful Food and Service”
Review of Madeira

Madeira
Ranked #6 of 365 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We had a fantastic meal at Madeiras tonight. Jose was our waiter and he is the BEST! We ordered the Copa Helada Al Cognac for dessert which didn't flame at first so Jose got more cognac and flamed it up nicely! It was wonderful! The young couple next to us saw our dessert and ordered one later themselves. Their waiter couldn't get the cognac to flame and just gave the dessert to them and said that it was flamed in the kitchen. The ice cream was still hard...awful! So I asked Jose to please do their dessert properly. He took the messed up one back and got them a new one. Flamed it beautifully putting on quite a show. Jose knows how to treat customers right.

We had the Meluza Negra Al Horno (Chilean sea bass marinated in Miso and Saki) done to perfection! Fantastic service and food. Be sure to ask for Jose if you want the best service and tip him well. He deserves it!

6  Thank SoTX
There are newer reviews for Madeira

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I love fine food and wine. Unfortunately we have to drive 45 minutes to McAllen or to the Island. Someone told us about Madeira's in Brownsville (a quick 15 minute trip from San Benito) and we were absolutely blown away. The atmosphere is very romantic (especially if you sit out on the patio......weather permitting), overlooking the Resaca. I believe we have tasted everything on the menu and ALL is excellent. My husband especially loves the scallops and I Iove every steak dish offered (I wish I could remember the names of the dishes). We took a picture of every dish that was served. FABULOUS!!!!! You will feel like you've been swept away to a big city while enjoying a very high end gourmet meal..

Love, Love, Love

3  Thank 12232011u
Reviewed January 29, 2013

A fantastic restaurant. At last a real restaurant in Brownsville! The rest are franchaises and burger joints. I am glad to have come across this little gem. It has a very creative cuisine. I had the fresh oysters and the shrimp flamed with mezcal, followed with a pear tart and a 10 yr Port.....

2  Thank YARTE
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

While hard to find, this is a very upscale and modern restaurant inside. The atmosphere is elegant and a the staff is attentive and efficient. The appetizers and entrees ( I had the steak) were delicious. The drinks and dessert were also tops. Not very crowded either.

2  Thank Thomas K
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The service is great, they make you feel welcome, is not your casual restaurant, pricey but great view in the terrance, specially for those who like to smoke. Good wine selection, the parking is not the best, but have a lot of space.

2  Thank YmlMiranda