“Nothing to write home about”
Review of IHOP

IHOP
Ranked #26 of 380 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed January 9, 2014

The food at this IHOP is ok, nothing great. There is usually a long wait to get in for breakfast and the menu descriptions sound great, but upon partaking the food it is only satisfactory. It is not worth what you have paid for it. This restaurant is very loud as well, not conducive for good conversation.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Only because I like crepes. The food is prepared good and the taste is good. Too many young kids hangout there and keep the place noisy. Service was good, restroom need cleaning.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

The morning of our 30th anniversarey we headed to IHOP down the road(we had been to Mi Pueblito in Brownsville-a favorite of ours in Matamoros,Mexico for years-the night before for mediocre food at high prices-which we will discuss later).At any rate,the IHOP was jammed with customers and we got a table for two in about 2 minutes.Our order was taken and served perfectly-in a packed house-in about 5 minutes.I was impressed to the max with everything.The waitress,although overwhelmed,was prompt and attentive.Can't recommend this place enough.If you are in Brownsville-go there

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My wife and I went to IHOP in Brownsville for our weekly date because of the cheery bright ambiance. I was surprised to find a large menu with mouth-watering selections. I was also surprised to find the prices very reasonable. But, I was most surprised by our server. He was friendly, helpful, attentive, but not intrusive. When our Country Grain paincakes were not the best, he offered to replace them with the cinnamon pancakes for no charge, and, the cinnamon pancakes were out of this world. I gave this expereince five stars!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had breakfast here Friday, 12/28/2012. Service was very slow. My order of eggs, hash browns, bacon and toast was disappointing. Food was cold, the hash browns were over cooked and uneatable (sent them back and fresh order was almost as bad). IHOP serves their coffee in a carafe and the one we received was only enough for 2 cups and luke warm. I suspect left over from a previous order. My guest had a ham omelet with pancakes which was also served warm and the pancakes were cold. The restaurant could use some cleaning as well. Perhaps I visited on one of their bad days, but I certainly will not return to this one.

2  Thank bonaventure