“Average Extended Stay Hotel”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Brownsville
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is located in a row of hotels on the frontage road on the West side of Highway 77. Like most extended stay properties the hotel offers studio and one bedroom suites with an almost full kitchen, some overstuffed furniture and more space than a standard hotel room.My room was clean, but a bit dated. Bed is A hot breakfast is included with the stay as well as an evening meal. Not fancy but the price is right. Room was clean. Internet was hard-wired only in rooms, but free. Free wireless internet was available in the lobby. Workout room had two treadmills. one was broken. Staff were polite. This hotel was adequate but not exceptional. May be due for a renovation soon. A safe choice for the Brownsville area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room towards the back of the hotel away from the highway for a quieter room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bahnreise

Reviewed February 21, 2012

Carpets had a few stains and maybe a bit worn, but room was cleaned as much as it could be. Otherwise very clean. Sofabed and day chair looked new. Kitchenette has all you need to prepare a light meal, except bottle opener and corkscrew, which front counter was able to provide.
Foldout bed was ok for heavy sleeper (see corkscrew requirement above) but thin mattress and support wires below could be an issue for a light sleeper, or a sensitive back.
Great breakfast, variety of choices over a three day stay, with helpful staff, that made up for the carpet issue . Would stay here again if I ever had to go to BV again.

Room Tip: Some of the accessible rooms on 1st floor have more space than regular rooms, and a granite counter...
Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LaStrada
Reviewed September 5, 2011

We checked in at 2 in the morning. The staff was extremely prompt and helpful. We were amazed at the cleanliness and homelike feel we immediately felt. Loved having an ice maker in the fridge! The staff was very knowledgeable about the area and quick to help us with any questions we had. Would definitely recommend this hotel and plan to stay here again when we come back!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank SparksKrewe
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

We can be a Best Hotel when we have Best Guest like you! Your appreciation truly motivates and encourages us to serve our guest in Best way possible. Thank you for staying with us!!

Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stay at Hilton properties throughout the US because of the consistent quality and service. This Homewood Suites is no exception. It lives up to the standards of the Hilton name, and provides a good value for the price paid. I really enjoy staying at Homewood due to the “suite rooms” and full kitchen in each of them. I found the Brownsville property, to be very clean, quiet, friendly, and located close to many major restaurants and name brand shopping. The included meals are prepared fresh each day, and staff is present to assist during the service. Be aware that when you are on the frontage road driving to the hotel, to slow down when you see the Holiday Inn Express next door. There is only one driveway and if you miss it you have to circle around behind the hotel and access it from the shared driveway. Other than that this is a very desirable location to stay, and I would book again if in the area. Photo is of the driveway where you need to enter the parking lot. The sign is kind of small but visible.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your reviews and directions to the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Just to add about the directions : If you are coming South on Expressway 77, take exit of Ruben Torres and within a minute we are located on the right side next to Holiday Inn. For Directions call us at 956-574-6900.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Family of 5 travelling to see relatives. Checkin was prompt and correct. Suite was okay. Some stains on floor. Foldout bed not very comfy but kids didn't complain. King size bed was nice. Did find human hair on the extra linens in the closet (for the sofa bed). Housekeeping tried to argue that they didn't see any. New linens were brought anyhow. Breakfast was VERY good and staff very friendly and helpful. Bathroom vents connect and a neighbor intermittantly smoked in theirs despite the hotel being nonsmoking. Front desk did try to take care of finding out who had been smoking but wasn't offered to change rooms. Didn't use the pool on site. Business lounge was nice but printer was out of ink. Some trash outside the hotel side doors took several days before being picked up.

Overall, not great, but not horrible. Would stay in Hampton Inn next time.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank leahschatz
Shelly_Sojitra, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Brownsville, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2011

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of AMENITIES/SERVICES you deserve. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We appreciate your feedback I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

I recently traveled to Brownsville, TX on business. I booked the Homewood because I am familiar with the chain and know what to expect, clean, large room; free breakfast, internet, etc. On this last visit, I arrived late at night and realized I had forgotten my toiletry bag and had an early morning court hearing. I went down to the front desk to see if anywhere was close to purchase toiletries. The sweet lady at the front desk, Shelly, told me where to go and also offered to give me a ride, as my colleague had taken our work car. I am so grateful to her and touched by her kindness. I will not forget that personal touch she added to my stay and will return on my next visit to Brownsville.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2011

I came to Brownsville texas on a business trip and stayed in Homewood suites. I have stayed in al major brand hotels around the country and this hotel is now on my favorites list. The rooms are very clean as is the rest of the hotel, and the staff made my stay trully enjoyable. The complementary breakfast and dinner are fantastic and the kitchen staff made it even more enjoyable. i highly recomend this hotel to anyone on business or with their family.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo