New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #7 of 27 Hotels in Brownsville
CC
“Great Place to Stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is centrally located in Brownsville, TX - meaning it's near food and shopping! I would recommend this hotel just for that reason! We stayed here because we were taking our kids to the Gladys Porter Zoo and it was only about a 10 minute drive from the hotel. The Sunrise Mall (which is a great place to shop) is right across the highway, along with many other stores. There are also many restaurants nearby and a Starbucks right down the road. My family stayed in a 2 room suite which had a queen bed and a pull out couch. There was plenty of room for us. Our room had a small kitchen and 2 TV's. This hotel also takes pets if you are traveling with one. The staff is extremely friendly and was able to get us checked in prior to regular check in time as they had an available room. The breakfast in the morning offers waffles, eggs, sausage, potatoes, cereal, muffins, fruit, bagels, toast, juice, and coffee. I would stay here again should I visit Brownsville again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank M J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
College Station, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was wore out after a long day of traveling and the friendly front desk help when I arrived was a sight for sore eyes. The clerk showed me a map of the grounds and helped me pick out a room, then processed my tax exempt document without a hitch (some hotels fumble around with this), then gave me a great sports bar recommendation to watch the Spurs game. This kind of service is what brings people back, and I will certainly be back.

My room was very clean; just spotless. The beds were comfortable. Room had a pleasant smell. And a big bonus here--the shower water pressure was good! That's becoming a rarity these days. I had a fairly strong (and free) WiFi signal in my room.

The location is easy to get to as it's located on the feeder, and there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

The pool area was clean, and there was a nice outside sitting area behind the main office. The only hiccup was that the hot tub was broken. All in all, I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank agchris96
Boerne, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time we've stayed here with our small children on spring break. The rooms are big and clean. Great breakfast and dinner available. Nice pool for the kids. We had to check out a day early, and the desk clerk was very nice about it, and didn't charge us for the unused night. We will definitely stay here again when we visit this part of Texas.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank LuckyMommyTraveler
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I had to travel to Brownsville for work, by the time I arrived at the hotel, it was late and I was exhausted. The lady working on the desk (sorry I forgot her name) was very nice and check in was speedy and hassle free. I forgot a form I needed, and she offered to pull one for me.
The appliances were a little older, but everything worked well and was well cleaned.
The heat and air was quick to respond (yes i needed both during my stay), and hot water in the shower was instantaneous and held its temp.
The gym equipment is functional, but the room is small. It did not bother me, and the hotel has an agreement with Golds gym that you could use for free. It is located across the highway from the hotel. The hotel was close to several restaurants. I did not partake of the dinner offered, but the breakfast was very good. Fresh honeydew was offered every morning, and was a nice start to the day.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jens808
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We got a great off-season rate. The staff was friendly and very helpful. B'fast was good. Brig your own dish soap, we didn't have enough dishes to run the dishwasher. Jets in the hot tub didn't work but the water was toasty. A great place to call home on the road!!

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MEG91011
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Would not honor my reservation when I turned up. Initially denied the reservation existed, then claimed it had been cancelled by "Tony". Defensive, unhelpful and obstructive when trying to book a sister property. Steer clear of this one. If you overbook be honest about it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Cindy S
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I have spent many nights in this property over the last year while traveling on business. My longest stay was 43 nights so I think I am somewhat qualified to review it. Believe it or not, I have NO complaints about this hotel.

The rooms are spacious and equipped with a full kitchen including a stove, oven, full refrigerator, garbage disposal and dishwasher. There is a living room with a sofa and flatscreen and another one in the bedroom.

The staff is first rate. If you have a problem, ask for Alex and she will make sure that you are taken care of. They provide dinner Mon.-Thurs. along with complimentary drinks. There is a laundry onsite as well as a small fitness center. They also provide you with complimentary access to Gold's Gym which is just across the highway. The outdoor pool and hot tub are nice as well.

When travelling to Brownsville or anywhere in the Rio Grande Valley, this is my choice! I stayed here with Robert Duvall while he was filming A Night in Old Mexico and he and his film crew seemed to love it!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business