“good”

Cheddar's Scratch Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 380 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened spring of 2010. Very good food at reasonable prices. Family type restaurant. Always have had excellent food and large portions. 1/2 pound hambers are $4.59. Best apple pie I have ever had. Other desserts I would like to try for only $3.99.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The service was good and the food was also great. The service was good the gentleman was very polite and took care of us.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

My coworker and I went to Chedders after a long work day. The restaurant seated us right away, and the waiter took our drink orders. However, after that, it went downhill fast. He came back once after the food was delivered and then to drop of the check. However, no drink refills, our orders were wrong, the potatoes were hard as a rock, the fish was slimy, and we both agreed it was one of the worst dinners we have ever had.
I would never recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Had a late lunch here on Saturday around 3:30PM. Surprisingly there was a waiting period of 10 minutes. Did not expect the placed to be so busy at that time of day. Seating was however prompt and hostess was pleasant. Service was good and fast. I was a little disappointed with their Monte Cristo sandwich. It was not served crisp and hot as expected. Compared to other Cheddar's I have eaten in, this Monte Cristo rates a 7 compared to a 10 in others. My guest enjoyed a wonderful club sandwich and strawberry milkshake made with real ice cream. Overall, I do recommend this Cheddar's. But if you enjoy a Monte Christo, don't order one here. Lastly, expect the place to be noisy, as with all Cheddar's, the acoustics are terrible, one plus here is they did not have the music blaring.

2  Thank bonaventure
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Good food if you can eat without silverware, service staff had gone home I guess. Ordered six entrees, recd three, no water, no napkins....forgot the margarita, the dessert came after we left..

1  Thank Ophyls
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Usually the food is good, the service is good and all is good. Last time I had a bad waiter that didn't do his job. My chicken pot pie that is usually very good was awful. The crust was over done and the insides had been cooked so much they were dry and had shrunk up to nothing and had become very very thick. I would have complained but I couldn't find my waiter. When I decided to leave, I still hadn't found him nor had any refills on my drinks and decided to walk out. He ran up with the check and got rather smart with me. I was angry and told him off...about the service and the food. It isn't normally like that or hadn't been in the past. I haven't been back. The chicken pot pie is usually a great dish. Don't know what happened that day. The place is usually packed so I can't imagine that happens regularly. I should add that the food is priced reasonably and the place is pretty.