“The worst experience”

Cheddar's
Ranked #13 of 370 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant opened spring of 2010. Very good food at reasonable prices. Family type restaurant. Always have had excellent food and large portions. 1/2 pound hambers are $4.59. Best apple pie I have ever had. Other desserts I would like to try for only $3.99.
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Where do I start...out waitress was slow,rude, and disorganized. She took 20 minutes just to take our drink order, another 20 to take our food order which in fact was a horrible experience because anything we ordered they were out of. Who runs out of food at a restaurant. Our food took literally 38 minutes to get to our table. for sure this place is not worth our time....

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Im not a picky person and even I had to go.. really? It was me, wife and my little nephew and niece. They have never been to Cheddar's, therefore I decided to take them there cause I love the Cheddar's in McAllen They place is on a booth next to the wall with a broken light that lights up like a strobe light. It was a bit annoying for my wife that is legally blind. The price is really great for the amount of food and atmosphere of the place. The server didn't bring my wife the side of broccoli cheese casserole until we were almost finished.. in fact, there was another person that said they would get it but did not. Not even a sorry.. Server would slam the refills onto the table and seemed like he had a bit of an attitude. Wasn't a happy guy, I would of wanted a different server. My nephew and niece got a hair in their food. Something that never happened at the McAllen location the couple of times I have been there. The food was still good but the service wasn't up to par and whoever cooks it needs to wear a hair net or check it!!

1  Thank footballguru666
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Service was great. Margarita's were real good. This is a chain restuarant so I was surprised how good it was. Had Key West shrimp and chicken, loved it. Will go back again.

1  Thank ASmith333
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I would like to say that the horrible service here is purely one time incidental, but when co workers, friends, others start complaining too, that's when you just KNOW. I want to say that out of the many times I have dined here twice I had AMAZING service, and the rest were AWFUL (never in between). But, if you are willing to risk waiters you getting your order wrong and slow service, the one thing I absolutely love about this place is their Spinach dip. I will eat the whole bowl by myself and scoop every last remnant of that amazing creamy dip . Other than that, their food is OK, tastes a little re-heated if ya know what i mean. Their seafood is alright, and chicken entrees too.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

Anything is great here. Try the Painkiller Margaritas with anything in the menu. Recommendation for an appetizer: Chips and salsa and beef cheese.

1  Thank Brownsville R