“Changed ownership”

Gazpacho's
Ranked #25 of 365 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This little restaurant is a gem that has tarnished. The food is not very good (even the sangria is bad and how do you mess that up) and the prices are ridiculously high. The service has also been lost (sometimes I don't get a refill throughout my meal and i have to wait to the check almost as long as i took to eat). The only things worth eating there are the poblano creme soup (the best in town), the mimosas made with freshly squeezed orange juice and the free bread.

1  Thank MYRA S
There are newer reviews for Gazpacho's

Reviewed April 9, 2012

good food and service. waitstaff pleasant. delicious tacos monterey style. Tortilla soup tremendous.

Reviewed February 25, 2012

I selected this restaurant because of the good reviews here. Man, were we disappointed! The margaritas were weak and sour. The Aztec and bean soups were just broth with no substance. The fish tacos and lettuce wraps were just okay. Perhaps the chef has changed or something, but this is not a place I would spend money at again.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

I have to eat here every time I go to Brownsville on business. I have never has anything that wasn't great, but their Azteca Soup is magnificent. I seriously crave it when I have not been to Brownsville in a while. I have even tried to make it at home. I can come close, but they have something special they do that makes it so wonderful. I had the crepes last time for dessert, and they were super too. I can't say enough good things about this place.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

All I can say is this, EXCELLENT MARGARITAS. They have some of the friendliest service and the food is excellent. I will return there when I get back.