“Awesome Authentic Italian Restaurant!”
Review of Gio's Villa Inc.

Gio's Villa Inc.
Ranked #208 of 380 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 15, 2010

I would recommend this family owned Italian restaurant to everyone. The service is great and the food is wonderful. They offer a variety of Italian dishes like homemade spaghetti and meatballs and pizza. The atmosphere is friendly and the food is authentic. You don't want to miss out on it.

1  Thank txfamilyfive

Reviewed January 4, 2010

My husband and had a similar experience to Brownie85. The service was extremely slow. After sitting for 10 minutes with no menu, water etc. my husband went to the front to request service. We were sitting in the no smoking section and had already ordered when an elderly man and a young woman entered. He proceeded to light up a cigar. The owner (or manager) who was waiting on them came to our table and opened a vent and told us this would take care of the smoke. We had both ordered chicken piccata which normally is a chicken breast. Here it is small bite size pieces of chicken and the amount appeared to be 1 chicken breast divided into 2 portions. We have never been back.

2  Thank roaminj
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Gio's is a family owned restaurant that has been around since the 50's. I think it's a great traditional type place. I'm a personal fan of their pizza. The guy that throws the dough, has been doing it for a very long time. It's one of the very few local places in the area that use fresh produce and products. There aren't a whole lot of places that aren't chains or mexican food. This is good home cooked italian food. The family that runs it is absolutely entertaining and delightful!

2  Thank TeaCupOrchid
Reviewed March 8, 2009

I live in Brownsville, and I recently ate dinner at Gio's Villa for the first time. The service was slow. The plastic plates were so old that they looked unclean. The portion size was a joke for the amount of money they charge. Expect to pay an extra 3% if you pay with a credit card. I spent around $90.00 for my family of five. When I got home, I had to get something to eat.

3  Thank Brownie85
Reviewed August 22, 2008

I recently relocated to Brownsville from the Northeast and was looking for a pizza place outside of the typical pizza chains. Gio's was a disappointment. It was nearly empty when I arrived for dinner with my husband, and now I understand why. We shared a "large" wap salad (their term, not mine), which was tasty but was really meant for one and could hardly be considered large . Plus it was expensive at $6.00 (plus $1.50 if you want blue cheese crumbles). We also ordered a "large" 13 inch pizza, which cost nearly $18 with the works. It tasted just average and had canned mushrooms, in no way justifying the price. We each had two glasses of Coke, which were also small and refills were NOT free. So, with tip, we spent over $40 for a pizza meal for two. No way will we ever go back. Plus, the gal who waited on us was strange.

3  Thank redmenace