“First time”

Ranked #16 of 380 Restaurants in Brownsville
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Here at Toscafino, we're committed to providing the most satisfying Italian dining experience possible for every guest. We serve fresh, authentic foods at reasonable prices and pride ourselves in our excellent customer service. A cozy, inviting atmosphere allows our guests to feel welcomed and appreciated during every visit. Our chefs use the freshest ingredients and everything is made from scratch, in-house daily. Our brick oven artisanal pizza is the best around. Choose from our selection of fine wines to enhance your meal and remember our pleasant patio is ideal for dining alfresco with family and friends. Toscafino is the place to be, whether you're looking for a quick tasty lunch, an exquisite romantic dinner, a cozy place for happy hour with friends, a classy place to enjoy a varietal of fine wines or a hospitable venue for a memorable family reunion, private party or special event. We want the Toscafino experience to be unique and memorable. We believe our restaurant belongs to every customer and through their continued satisfaction and patronage this tradition will continue. Our mission is not just to be another place to eat but to be considered a second home for the wonderful people of the Rio Grande Valley .
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I visited Toscafino for the first time with some clients on a Tuesday evening. Tucked away and kind of hard to find, but I had a local driving so easy for me. Not busy, service was good and a nice atmosphere. We had a large group, so we had several different things on the menu. I had a ribeye topped with grilled shrimp and mixed veggies. No complaints for me, cooked well and with a good flavor. Hot rolls were served with a choice of oils to dip, very good. My counterparts had fish, shrimp, pasta and all were very happy with everything. Based on my experience, I would go back.

1  Thank travelnow39

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The interior is pretty and the french fries were good and that is all the positives I can say. We were very hungry when we went there, still food was huge disappointment. It took 15 minutes to get drink ( coffee). Pizza Margarita had nice toasty thin crust, but the tomatoes were sliced thicker than the crust. We asked to add prosciutto on the pizza and got industrial quality ham. For mozzarella cheese panini, the bread was cold, again very chunky slices of tomatoes and cheese. No seasoning or sauce, absolutely dry and cold. Just like the services. The chicken bliss sandwich had again huge chunks of tomatoes and barely there artichoke. The server was confused and painfully slow and according to him neither the chef ( or cook who needs lot to learn) nor the owner is Italian. If you prefer nice decor but blah, unseasoned, pricey food and slow service, you might like the place.

Reviewed January 24, 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a relaxing place to eat with good service in Brownsville, give them a try. The atmosphere is not typical to the normal chain restaurants in Brownsville. I would consider this an upscale casual restaurant.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We had our company Christmas dinner this year and we had a great experience at Toscafino's. The food was great and the service was excellent. There was background music playing and it was nice and not so loud so that we could still have a conversation without having to raise our voices. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anybody.

~American Contracting U.S.A., Inc.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food was overpriced for Brownsville and over priced for what it was. I had the tortellini and it was tough and the sauce was water thin. It was tasty though and a pretty plate. The service was pretty good. The atmosphere is very good with a piano in the background. I believe I was overcharged and I just made my fifth call trying to get someone to address the problem. No one will return my call and this used to be one of my favorite restaurants but they will have a hard time getting me back. The prices are much higher than listed on this site. It was $92 for dinner for two with only coffee...should have been $82...and that's still too high. This restaurant isn't what it used to be and the food isn't as good.