“Looks can be deceiving”
Review of Villa Del Sol

Villa Del Sol
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I booked a room with Elaine's Condos and would defenitley do it again. She was very helpful on the phone when I made my reservation and made sure to put me in a newly remodeled condo. When I first saw the buildings I got scared with all the construction but as she promised, the condo was beautiful. It was newly remodeled and we still had a great view of the beach. We saved a lot of money having a small child, the little kitchenette helped a lot. We did not have any problems what so ever while we were there. I would recomend booking with Elaines Condos and I would stay with her each time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed February 12, 2010

I rented a vacation condominium from November 10-12, 2009 on the Corpus Christi bay through the website "txcv.com". The company's name is "Texas Coastal Vacations".

The condominium looked exactly as advertised. However, anytime any water was run there was an overpowering smell of sewage. I asked some people that were staying in the same complex about the issue and they acknowledged that there were a group of condominiums that had some serious issues with the smell and hygenie of the water.

When I discussed the issue with the front desk they acknowledged the issue, but pointed out that the condos were independently owned and that they essentially were only responsible for security.

I had paid for 2 nights. Myself and my companion left in the morning after the first night and got a hotel room elsewhere. The smell was unbearable.

When I addressed the issue with the president of Texas Coastal Vacations, Rick Bennett, he stated that his company was essentially only a broker for the actual owner. He was very polite and offered me a discount code for 10% on a future stay.

I wish there was some way to document how bad the smell was. Everyone seems to be aware of the water issues but says that they are not responsible.

It is a great condo with a magnificent view. Potential renters need to be aware that there is a sewage/water issue.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank texaslaw1975
Reviewed January 26, 2010

Well we got there, where suppose to have room 3307 in bldg 3, someone was already in there. A few calls, the desk could not give any help. Took room 3304 same owner jerry reid. Very long time to get key to work, only one key, room looks like it has been updated with floor and cupboard. Out side of fridge dirty, behind taps in kitchen sink disgusting dirty,under sink the same, bathroom dirty, place smells, bedroom very uncomfortable, half of lights did not work, did not even want to cook in place, balcony screen off and hard to control, not even a phone in the room. Staff not helpful except one girl who was on friday night jan. 23,2010. other staff did not even no where to put garbage, The resort itself is in ill repair, dirty. They look like they are trying to repair, but bldg 3 dirty, hallway ceilings all off, new wiring installed.
We loved the area of corpus christi, thank god, that way we did not have to spend all the time in this room.
Will never be back again, and I would not recommend this villa to anyone. But I would recommend the area. I think better pictures of the villa and its rooms, would tell the story.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank weaserpete
Reviewed October 19, 2009

When looking online at the remarks on Elaine Condo's, there were alot of good comments. That is why we booked when her. But I was disappointed with the condo being dirty and the queen size bed was uncomfortable. We did see one dead roach when we arrived but none during the rest of the stay. Yes I know there is alot of sand around but it just felt dirty. It was good it was only a 3 night stay. I would not recommmend this to anyone unless they clean up the place and change out the mattresses.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank wei26406
Reviewed September 20, 2009

We had a GREAT time. Everything was exactly as described. The condo was very clean and cozy. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will VERY likely be back again. I enjoyed doing business with Elaine. Her honesty and cheery professionalism were a breath of fresh air!

Margaret Fontaine

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Staff was not friendly, right down RUDE, ALSO you Don' t know who as a key to your room. If you stay don't leave any money in your room. rooms are dirty and smells like a mold infested beer joint. No clean towels so bring your own. ( You well be disappointed.)
No wonder it's cheap to stay at Villa del Sol in Corpus Christi ,Tx.
And don't bring your dogs or you will be fine $50.00 a day!
Good Luck!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MGMCorpus
Reviewed September 7, 2009

I stayed once for a 21 st birthday and Elaine gave us a great room for a great price right on the water! We couldn't have been more pleased! Then I came back and automatically called Elaine and he showed me a not so nice room she didn't suggest and suggested a much nicer room for the same price! It was such a nice condo with renovated flooring and two tvs. It still had a great view too! I will definatly call Elaine every time I need a good clean condo for the same price as a motel. I give her service 5 strs and the condo owner 5 stars for supplying an excellent room.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family