“My family and I enjoyed the stay!!!!”
Review of Villa Del Sol

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Villa Del Sol
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I read the negative comments about this place after I made my reservations and I really was worried about going but when we got there nothing that I read was true. We stayed in apt#1112 of Elaine's condo and everything was nice and clean. I liked the view of the beach, and it was walking distance from the aquarium. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Guess1111

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This was our first impression of Corpus Christi and not a good one at all. When we arrived at the complex, we were disappointed to see an old and poorly maintained building. The front desk staff seemed busy and flustered and while they seemed to make an effort to be nice, the greeting was really sub-par. I am still left wondering why we had to pay a $15 check-in fee. The condo we booked from a private owner on the third floor, number ending in 38, was in a word, disgusting. The place was small and poorly laid out and dirty. We were charged a $75 maid fee, but the place was anything but clean. There was mold and fungi everywhere, especially in the shower. Dust covered light switches and every vent. The sheets were old and the mattresses were hard. The only "good" thing about this place, was the view and of course leaving. We should have realized this was a big mistake when we first booked the room, since there were no pictures of the room. How convenient was the "absolutely no refunds" policy too. The entire neighborhood was a dump on North Beach. For the price we paid to stay in this horrible place, we could have booked a beautiful hotel or B&B in Port Aransas. We will contact the owner to complain and hopefully get a refund, but we're not holding our breath. DO NOT STAY AT VILLA DEL SOL, especially not in condo number ending in 38 on the third floor!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank SBAdventurer101
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We booked a 2 nights this condo #1104. It was one of the extremely unpleasant experience we ever had renting a place. First of all, it cannot accommodate 6 people as it claims. So, Beware!!. When we arrived at the condo- it was filthy & stinking. The bed sheets and comforters were stinking sweat, sea smell and may be urine?!! Horrible… The kitchenettes were sticky and dirty to use. Bathroom sink was clogged. We called the customer service the same night of moving in. Nobody could actually sleep at night. Finally we got hold of the onsite property manager (Bennett). He was extremely rude and started shouting at us. Have you ever seen a manger shouting at the customers?? He clearly lied on the fact that they wash bed sheets before renting us. In fact, he said,” you all are lying since I heard you laughing at night and you all had fun last night!!!” Really…???!!! This is how you treat your customers??? Are we supposed to sit down and moan over the bad things whole night!!! What’s the point of taking a vacation together??? The unsanitary condition is NOT acceptable. We left one night early since the whole experience became very bitter and ruin our weekend. We kept on trying to be in touch with the actual property manager. Nobody EVER responded to calls or emails. This place basically runs on the website ad. There is no-one actually responsible for all these issues. Do not rely on the renting website reviews since they do not let the truth get published!!

Room Tip: Do not rent condo unit # 1104 to ruin your vacation...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank ASha110
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Here's the REAL story. This property has 420 units. All the units have the identical floor plans. All the units have different owners and or different leasing agents. Some of the units have dishwashers, garbage disposals, in room high speed WiFI, convection ovens and wonderful furniture - other units have not been upgraded or remodeled since the 90's. In the past and even today there are individual owners who do not keep up their units and rent for the same price as the nicer units.

The units are 425 sq. feet - they are small - they really do not sleep 6 - they really don't even sleep 4 unless two are small children. Each unit is supposed to have one queen sized bed, two bunk beds (these are the size of cots) and one sofa sleeper. 6 people is 425 sq. ft. is crazy - no hotel on the planet will let you put that many people in a room.

People rent this units because they are cheap - they cost less per person than a hotel room at the only real hotel on North Beach - the Radison. Some of the units are much nicer than the Radison or even the Omni Bay Front - some are not - some units need cleaning and serious upgrades - just look at the pictures posted here they are all different. So be cautious - ask questions - ask to see real pictures of the actual unit you wish to rent - find out if you are renting from one of the owners or a leasing agent. There are some beautiful units in this complex and there are some real dogs.

The property now has real security guards and 24 hour surveillance - people who don't follow the rules - don't feed the sea gulls from the balcony - don't hang wet towels and bathing suits on the balcony - don't fill your ice chest from the small ice machines - don't drive onto the property without out registering at the front desk - don't vandalize the property - are now asked to leave - the same way they would be asked to leave in any hotel or motel.

As to insects - this is south Texas - we have roaches - we have mosquitoes - we spray for them - the units are spayed monthly for roaches and some owners even have their own exterminators to keep their units roach free - others simply rely on the once a month to do the job - some of these units are rented to different people (like a hotel room) 5 times a week! With all that traffic there just might be a bug or two - the place is not infested with roaches as some reviews have alleged.

I have noticed that most of the negative reviews are by individuals who have no other reviews and simply signed on to write a bad review - by the same token a wonderful review. Both are correct - there are horrible units in this complex and there are units that make the Hilton Maui look shabby. Some of the owners are very nice people - some owners are not even on the property - some leasing agents are great - some leasing agents are less the scrupulous.

This is a nice place to say - it's near the water - and near many of the best attractions in Corpus Christi. But, you have to ask questions - if you are asked to pay a deposit find out if it is refundable if you get there an you don't like the unit. Or even better - at the front desk there is a book of condos that are for rent by owners - the book has many pictures and phone numbers of owner you can call them and find all the details before you rent. Also know that a unit that of offered for $60 a night opposed to a unit that is offered for $160 a night is not going to be one of the better units. The same goes for buy two nights get one free - the nicer units cost more for a reason.

Room Tip: Ask questions - read the fine print - ask to seen the unit before you rent - ask if you are renting...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank Trounder
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This time I stayed in 1324 The Beach Safari Room. They had bamboo decor and other beach decor that I found very interesting. It was comfortable for all of us 3 adults and two growing teens. The bunk-beds are always fun and the single bedroom was comfortable. My 21yr old son said the sofa was just fine. JoAnn was MOST accommodating with such short notice for our short stay! Thank You JoAnn!! I really appreciate the comfort of your condo and having the family under One roof instead of two expensive hotel rooms. My favorite things from this condo was the Wide Open View of the beach and harbor from the balcony and the beach decor in the fresh bathroom (very colorful). I really look forward to a MUCH longer stay. ;o)

Room Tip: Ask for JoAnn , she is a great help.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Oscar H
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Checking in was busying, people complaining that their card to get into the room was not working. I finally get my room, my card did not work to open the gate, not even the people that work their card work.Then I get to my room, it lock no where to swipe, elevator was hot. Elaine get there to open the door, then tell me she want to check the room. I walk in, i just want to cry. The pictures online are deceiving the bulk bed sheet were dirty, the room smell dirty, the fridge was dirty, Elaine cleaned it with small amount of dish soap with bath towel. Then none of the remote work to the TV, too small for three children and two adult with dog. The bathroom was full of hair, the tub look like it has not be clean for awhile. The sheet felt dirty, i was so overwhelmed that emotion that I just started crying uncontrollable. My husband walk in very disappoint, and said let get out of here, not staying in this condo. We paid 454 plus 15 dollars charge for checking in, 30 dollar for my dog, total for having a dog $50. Not worth stay here, Elaine condo ruin my family vacation. They don't tell you when your making reservation that $100 deposit it not refundable to after you already paid for the room. Got my money back, Elaine was rude, she knew that room was dirty she even stated to me, that she was going to retire, due to maintain these condo were to much work, also that clean people won't be coming back due to the room was dirty. So I lost $100 to room, that i did not stay, My son was crying because we were going back home. All the room were book, Please Please don't stay in this of room, Going to small claim to get my money back. I recommend staying at the Sportman Manor in rockport cheaper but decent room with kitchen Sunday- Thursday $60 a night and Friday-Saturday 110 with fishing pier. VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER , REPORTING ELAINE CONDO,

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 19, 2013

If there is a negative (-) rate, I will put at ( -5 )!!!! Their service over the phone is really bad! The lady on the end line said "WE DON'T WANT YOUR BUSINESS!!!!!!" We were just inquiring on any availability for next weekend. How rude is that?????

Stayed: July 2013