“Cute place+Friendly Owner!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Villa Del Sol
San Antonio, Texas
“Cute place+Friendly Owner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here for a girls weekend for a friends birthday and it was great! Joann was there at check-in and was helpful in anyway she could be! The place was cute and perfect amount of space for us 4 girls. The balcony was a great place to relax in the morning too! The kitchen came in handy when we chose to stay in to eat while getting ready to go out (something a hotel can't really offer for that price). We found it very easy to make ourselves at home! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Rebecca D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I brought a group of girls to this condo on the beach. I was pleasantly surprised to find that this place was exactly what we wanted. The connivence of the beach being so close was awesome! Not to mention that Joann had the place decorated beautifully! Just the right feel of sea meets modern. It was a quiet and safe get away room 1337 and I intend to go again!

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank Lujan63
Corpus Christi, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

I am a construction worker working in the Corpus Christi area and needed a place to stay. From the photos on corpuschristi-hotel.com web site,(JoAnn), condo 1337 looked like a nice place and I agreed to the price for two months. The condo was NOTHING like the photos or the claims made on the "express check in page". The door opened directly onto the "master bedroom". There can be no privacy in this condo. There were no end tables by the bed, no dresser, the dishes were stacked in the open collecting dust as there were no enclosed cabinets for them. On the internet, photos showed easy chairs and a coffee table, NOT! I used my water coolers as a table for a month. There was one table in the main room and four high,(four foot) hard backed chairs. A bed, a couch, the table and chairs was the sum total of the furnishings in the condo. For a month, I basically lived out of a suitcase with no place to put my clothes. Because my credit card had already been charged, I bit the bullit and stayed the month. When I informed the owner i would not be staying longer, she told me I had to give her a 30 day cancellation notice or could be charged another month. I told her to go to H---. She had promised to deliver internet service, which did not happen so I ran my own expenses up using a wireless card. AND the kicker at the end was when the person staying in the next condo, (also owned by JoAnn), and I discovered our keys opened each other's door. I know my neighbor told me once before I moved in that someone had opened her door with a key, (condo 1339), and she was afraid for her safety. How many keys are out there? To top it off, I am a smoker. I realize that many places have regulations. The condo was a no smoking condo. I accept that. I have stayed in many places where you must smoke outside. In 1337, I smoked on the balcony, yet when I moved out, I am being hit with a cleaning charge for dumping my ashtray into the garbage inside the condo. I realize there may be some very nice condos in this facility, and, the location is very nice: close to the beach, the Lexington, the aquarium, etc. However, I would not recommend this place for any type of vacation or like in my case a long term stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
6 Thank leonard o

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Safari room was immaculate the fridge and room was very clean! The room had a very welcoming scent to it. Joann which is the owner even took the time to have sunblock, shampoo, and even a small ice chest in the balcony. The sleeper sofa and bedroom bed were SUPER comfortable and twin bunks for the kiddos had kid themed blankets which the kiddos really enjoyed. The decor was a Safari beach theme..I would highly recommend room number 1324...and I would most definitely stay again!! Oh almost forgot Joann even had a clothe line hanging in the balcony which was very convenient. Thanks Joann please book from her if you are planning to stay at the Villas... IT is really important to understand and know that each condo is individually owned. It is up to the owner to maintain and keep the condo clean. So with that being said call Joann at 361 834 1481 and don´t make a mistake of staying in a condo that has not been reviewed..

Room Tip: Call Joann 361 834 1482..do not stay in any other condo..Remember each condo is individually owned...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Vangie123
Arlington, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

My family of 4 adults and 4 children spent a week in this complex. The day prior to arrival someone set fire to the hot tub area. The water was shut off for two days of our stay, the elevators which had missed inspection since 2011 were out of order 2 days. The community is dark, dirty, and in desperate need of an overhaul. The gates for access to the beach malfuctioned leaving us stranded on the beach after dark. The next day the gates were taped off, no access to the beach could be gained. We had an altercation involving a drunk individual and the police one night, and another a child that screamed for several hours in the unit below. The condo we rented was 2 that had been connected- the beds were horrible and the layout generally not comfortable for the 8 of us. We left before our stay was up, I have never wanted to leave a rental on the beach! The area of town also leaves a lot to be desired- while it is very close to the aquarium and battleship, there are very sketchy looking individuals on the beach, which was not soft sand, but rather a mixture of broken shells. If your young teens on spring break you may overlook a lot of this, as an adult with children I found North Padre had more of the vibe we were seeking.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank elizabeth r
Grapevine
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

We booked two rooms at Villa Del Sol and both were just nasty. The mold growing in the refrigerator prevented me from even storing our food. The units were dirty, the sheets were dingy with stains of some sort. I couldn't bare to lay my head down on the pillows. They advertise a hot tub, and the only working one holds 4-6 people with 1000 units this is less than adequate. The men occupying the tub nightly gave me the creeps. It was a terrible experience. I contacted both Texas Coastal Vacations and Trip Angle and NEVER received even a reply.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Christy T
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Although our unit was quite dirty, and took some cleaning, the decor is beautiful. We spoke with the owner, Mike McCormak, and he is very personable and helpful, and also the person who cleaned the unit, giving him some helpful hints. He has been forwarned, that the unit must be in the same clean condition that we left it last year.
This will be our second year in the same unit, and third year in Corpus at the Villas. We love the people who either rent or own and come every year. They are friendly, helpful and include us in many of the group activities. There are lots of things to do in the area. Although this is not the Marriot, we enjoy it thoroughly and will continue to return.

Room Tip: Mike McCormak owns 19 units and I would recommend contacting him. He is very helpful and accomodati...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends