“Great location”
Review of Villa Del Sol

Villa Del Sol
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Stayed here for a week. Had a great time. Great location, close to many attractions. On the beach - two thumbs up! Condo was comfortable. Ongoing construction was no bother. Pool(s) were great! Warm water and very clean. Would suggest a playpark (slides & swings) for little kids. Had some problems with our entry cards, but sorted out quickly without questions. Elevators could be faster...especially in the summer heat. But at least they had working elevators ;-)
Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Read reviews and ask questions!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Villa Del Sol

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed at Elaine's Condos Villa de Sol for Easter vacation. I can't remember the last time I just "relaxed". The ocean view was great, even with the blustery winds the balcony was quite enjoyable. the pools and hot tubs were well cared for and convenient. Elaine provided a nice unit for a reasonable price. Looking forward to next time.

• Stayed: April 2011
2  Thank Susie1012
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Overall the Villa del Sol complex is in a great location--right on the water! There are hundreds of units in this complex so I'm certain some of the others are definitely better than this one. I would not recommend rental unit 1131 (first floor across from the elevator). It is in dire need of updates! The newer wood floors in the hall way, kitchen and living room were the nicest thing about this unit. The patio flooring and patio furniture is old and discolored. The kitchen is a weird layout and the bathroom is just nasty with old worn-out fixtures (no tub stopper). The bed was like sleeping on a piece of plywood and there's no sound-proofing...you could hear entire conversations of people waiting to ride the elevator as if they were standing in the room. We MIGHT try another unit in this complex but definitely not this one again!

Room Tip: Not unit 1131!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank srfjustme
Reviewed May 17, 2011

We stayed in the unit #2201 booked by Texas Coastal Vacations and were very pleased with our stay. The AC worked very well, but didnt even need it as most of the time we had the balcony door open to hear the waves, which you could hear all thru the nite. The room is exactly as in the pic and was very comfortable for two. There was easy access to trash disposal and washer/dryers on the way to the elevators. The owner keeps the unit clean and we were not afraid to use the utensils or cooking supplies. Pleased there was even a pizza cutter and pizza pan there for our use. The balcony door was a little off track but it was open most of the time anyways. It was overcast during our stay but wouldnt have changed our location for anything. Only disppointment was that you had to stand to get a good look at the beachline. The balcony is higher for safety, but does keep from sitting and watching the waves hit the beach, but could still see and hear the beach and the birds and was well worth sitting on. Spent many hours on it, especially in the evening. The balcony support was strong and didnt feel unsafe for any reason to use it as support to stand next to and watch the horizon or take pictures. There is easy access to the beach by swiped card and only thing to say is that the bathrooms on beach are not to be used. I dont believe those are the condos but the public beach access. We took extra lawn chairs and sat on the beach to watch the waves, and wind surfers. The views were wonderful and sat and watched as the sunset came. Totally awesome. Overall we were extremely pleased with our stay and our unit. Had no problems with the setup or finalization of the arrangements. Never got to the hot tubs or pool and many units are under renovation, but we were never disturbed by any of the construction. The security recognized us quickly and we were in and out of the locked security of the condo in no time. Rarely had to stop after the first time. We were pleased with stay and will stay again. There are a few things in the area, but in the daytime, we drove to most restaurants and down the coast. Do your research on restaurants and places you want to check out while down there. The unit was perfect for lazing around and coming back to after out sightseeing during the day. Felt at home. Didnt want to leave. The sound of the waves and just being on the beach made the whole trip perfect.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 20, 2011

I booked 2 condos for my sister and her family and me and my family for Spring Break weekend. I really liked my condo it was clean well equipped with about anything I could possibly need in the kitchen. My room(2329) looked updated with newer furnishings and decor. The view was alright. On the other hand my sister's room (2309) did have a great view. It also had a very big flat screen TV,blueray and CD player. That room is not very updated and was painted a horrible peach color(she said it make her feel like puking every time she saw it) and old looking decor and furnishing. She said her son also saw a roach in their room.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Gigi_76_11
Reviewed January 9, 2011

We all enjoyed our stay, found it to be very relaxing, and enjoyable. Would recommend to our friends and family and any others seeking a condo.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Condo #2203 Although the location of the condo was great and the view of the ocean awesome, this alone was not enough to make this an enjoyable weekend for us. The condo itself was nice enough however, it was very dirty. There was an accumulation of dust that appears to have been here for years. Although we brought food with us to cook, we were forced to eat out for many of our meals because the outlets on the stove did not work properly and the oven was disgustingly dirty. The dishes were also not washed properly and all had a greasy film on them. There was even a cup that had what looked like dried up milk still on the inside. Finally, we did not get much rest because the beds were so uncomfortable. The mattress in the bedroom seems to be as old as the condo itself. I work in the hotel industry and I understand how important it is for guests to feel comfortable and feel like they are in a clean environment. To be completely honest, had we had somewhere else to go we would have. I am extremely disappointed with our stay and I would never rent property from this owner in the future and I cannot in good conscience recommend the property to any of my friends or family. Since I knew the owner did not live in Corpus I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt that she may not know that her housekeeping staff was doing such a horrible job. I called her to discuss the issues I had and she quickly became very rude and told me I was just complaining so that I could get my money back. (I hadn't even asked about a refund). I told her I had pictures that I would be happy to send her if she would give me an email address, she refused and told me that I just needed to get a life and hung up on me.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends