“Had a BLAST”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corpus Christi
Gulfstream Condominium
Reviewed July 9, 2007

We checked in July 1st with NO PROBLEMS. Our condo was beautiful. We stayed in room 616. The top floor with a beach view and it was wonderful. My husband and I along with our 2 boys had a great time. We had no issues with the "maid" service, or the folks in the office. The beach never was crowded, and very nice. I can't wait until next summer. This is a great family place..

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank sgaul06
There are newer reviews for Gulfstream Condominium

Reviewed June 30, 2007

We just returned here from a three night stay. The first complaint I have is that the lady in the office was so very rude on two occasions when I called. She told me that I could not even request an early check in because "those girls have a lot of rooms to clean and they have to clean the ones of people staying here first [[they offer a daily maid service]] before they even do the rooms that people checked out of and check-out time isn't until noon and some people just aren't clean, etc., etc., etc. In fact she went on to tell me that even though check-in time stated 4 o'clock that I shouldn't plan on the room being ready by then. She further stated, "We tell people don't even buy any groceries yet." I though this was very negative and unprofessional of her.

So we checked in around 4:30 p.m. with no problems. The young man that checked us in was pleasant and I was grateful that it was him instead of the lady I had spoken with previously. But alas, while I was there she did walk into the lobby and start complaining about some children in the pool area (again very unpleasant). Immediately upon walking into our non-smoking room we all thought it smelled as if someone had obviously been smoking in it. I called the front desk and told him and they assured me that it was a non-smoking room, but I'm sorry it's not hard to detect cigarette smoke. So they brought us up some room deodorizer. Also, when we opened the sofa sleeper that night we realized that the sheets had not been changed since the previous guests (and there was not any extra linen in the room).

We stayed in Room 407 in which both bathrooms had been remodeled nicely, but the furniture and decor certainly could stand some updating. I've stayed in much nicer condos. This pool area and hot tub was kept nicely and the beach area was very nice. We had a gulffront view and it was worth the extra $$$. The beach is not overly crowded.

Would I stay here again? The webiste does not provide photos of the individual units (as others do). I'm on the fence with this once.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed June 23, 2007

We try to go to the beach twice a year and have never desired to stay anywhere else. We have stayed in four different units, and they have all been nice. Corner units seem to be larger and from our experience what we prefer. The pool area is great for the kids and bar-b-queing and socializing for the adults. There is also a separate hot-tub for adults only and a large shuffle board area (for kids/adults).

The El Constante next door is a nice place as well.

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled with friends
1  Thank beachbuggybaja
Reviewed May 21, 2007

A group of ladies stayed here May 18th-20th for the annual Corpus Christi beach to bay relay. I found the property to be exactly as advertised. We stayed in unit 408 and it was very clean and spacious, although a bit worn. The property was well-maintained, right on the beach and convenient to Port Aransas and Corpus. I would recommend it for the price and convenience.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank luvs2run27
Reviewed March 29, 2007

Read great reviews of this place. We arrived in December so the place had few occupants. We were put in a condo that has not been updated for at least 25 years. The windows and the carpet were very dirty and the room smelled. We asked to change and were shown three other very run down condos that were no better. The following day we planned to check out and spent part of the day driving around looking at other places. We were not familiar with CC. When we went in to check out, they showed us three very nice and recently updated condos. So we stayed and moved into one of these. Very frustrating when you get little vacation time and take your family to a place expecting a great vacation. Even though the other condo was nice, it didn't make up for the shabby treatment and initial attempts to get us to spend our vacation in one of the run down condos and our wasting a day of vacation looking for another place to stay. They eventually refunded our money for the first night. I would be careful about making sure you do not have the same experience. These people were not honest or straight forward with us at all.

Stayed: December 2006
2  Thank btbaxter
Reviewed June 24, 2006

No cars, no late night pool screamers, no need to go anywhere else. We have stayed in many condos/hotels in the Port Aransas/Corpus area and this one takes the prize. It is right on the beach, with a wide sea wall to run, walk or stroll upon. We took 3 young children and a physically challenged granny with us, and had the most wonderful vacation ever. No crowds to sift through looking for a nice spot on the beach. The children chased crabs along the beach late in the evenings, and spotted sand squirrels during the day. The pool and hot tub were clean and wonderful. The staff was very nice. The service just right. Don't expect mints on your pillows, but clean and nice with a fully equiped kitchen, and you have a week in heaven. Plus the gulf view out an entire glass back wall, makes you want to stay forever.

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank MichelleB_SA2014
A TripAdvisor Member
Ft. Stockton, TX
Reviewed June 18, 2006

Our stay was so good that we're taking our children back this summer. It's a perfect place to bring children; not a wild party place. When the wind blew too much on the beach, we went to the pool and were not bothered because it was protected by the condo. The service was good and the condo, beach and pool clean.

Stayed: May 2006