“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!”

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio
“DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!!!!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

When I booked this hotel I thought, "people just like to complain" so I ignored the negative comments and thought "go for it, you're getting a goid deal on the room". I will never do that again. This hotel was a HUGE WASTE OF MONEY! I got this room for a good deal and I still feel ripped off. I don't even know where to begin, so I'll just list the things that really sucked about this hotel.
1) The hotel had a weird smell to it, including our room.
2) We reserved a junior suite, and the only thing right about the title was "junior". The room was TINY.
3) The bathtub took about 30 minutes to drain after a shower. Who doesn't like taking a shower in ankle-high water?
4) I went to turn on a lamp and realized it was only there for decoration, it had no electrical cord attached to it at all. Not to mention there were only 2 outlets in the entire room.
5) The tv was supposed to have 40 channels, it had 12. When I called the front desk to let them know, they gave me the "we'll talk to the maintenance man" answer.
6) Did I mention the entire hotel smelled horrible? It also looked like it hasn't had any upgrades since the 70's.

I think this about sums it up. I have literally never written a review about a hotel, but I felt that this one was such a rip off that I needed to share my experience.
Moral of this story, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY BY STAYING HERE!!!!!!

2 Thank esh11382
MrDonJones, Guest Relations Associate at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write. Apparently we did not meet with your expectations on this trip and we are humbly apologetic. We have a few rooms that are not quite as well-wired as the others, and those might have only a couple of outlets to use for your personal electronics and electrical items. This hotel was constructed in 1971-2-3, at a time when cellular phones, mp3 players, GameBoys, and other consumer electronics were not nearly as widely used as they are today. And at that time, it was built to resist hurricanes. The walls are solid concrete, and the thick doors are also solid, but I believe they will be tanding 100 years from now. The downside of the safety and secure, restful environment, is the need to chip huge amounts of concrete out of the walls and install additional circuits. This is a massive undertaking that will done at some point, but there are numerous items that are more directly related to the guest experience, satisfaction, and safety and health.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Hallettsville, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I booked this room two weeks ahead of time in a surge of excitement. The next day I read the awful reviews and instantly tried to cancel. Since I booked through a booking website my reservation was "non refundable." I called them many times trying to get what I thought would be a better room or just to make sure my reservation was set. I was traveling with another family and there were 5 small children 3 of which were under 3. I was very worried about the health and safety of my children. I spoke with Yolonda the front desk manager who was EXTREMELY rude and condescending.

Finally I have up on calling and just bit the bullet. When we got to the hotel I spoke with Marlo (I had spoken on the phone as well) and he was very kind and helpful. We were early for check in so he told us to come back after 5. Before heading back at 5 I called to make sure out rooms were ready, I was told they were. Once we got to the hotel we were told out rooms weren't ready. Needless to say we raised hell and they have us 1 of the 2 rooms we reserved. We took all 5 children who we had just rode over two hours in the car with and shoved them in this small room. We did not get our second room until 9 pm. All this after they tried to call the cops on my husband for trying to speak to the manager who refused to come out and face the music.

The rest of our stay was mediocre, the beds were uncomfortable and the rooms were outdated. BUT this hotel has some serious issues. The atrium should NOT be open like it is. Something VERY BAD can happen, or maybe it already did. Let's just say I was woke up on Sunday morning by a very loud bang and what I saw was very unnerving.

DO NOT BOOK YOUR ROOM HERE. This is a real review from a real customer who was very dissatisfied with their stay.

4 Thank Momof2lilgirl
Dee Dee P, General Manager at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Again, we apologize for any inconveneince that may have taking place upon your arrival. As I recall, you did stay with us during a sold out weekend which sometimes can affect not only our guest but also our staff. This is a very difficult process, but we work very hard to get every guest accommodated as quickly as possible. As I recall, we were very backed up that specific weekend and I do apologize for any inconveneince that may have occurred. We are very thankful that you and your family were eventually accommodated.

You may not know this, but our hotel was built in 1972 and is over 40 years old. It's architectural structure is one that is now renowned all over the world and there are many hotels that still stand in businees with this same structure. We simply can not prevent accidents from happening but of course, we do apologize for anything that may have been unnerving for you and your family.

We are now under major renovation once again and we do hope you give us a second chance in the near future.

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Denton, Texas
Reviewed March 15, 2014

I had never been to Christi so me and the family was looking forward to the trip. We got the family suite due to having five people. When we got there the "parking garage" was crappy, poor lighting, the asphalt was all broken up, just not good. When we step into the hotel I thought I stepped back to 1970. The family looked nervous to say the lease. Check went fine, but I did get there at 9pm. When I went into our room I thought there must have been a mistake. First the room looked nothing like the picture, crappy blankets and just dirty. The so called suite was two rooms separated by a door and one extremely small bathroom. You lateral can turn one circle and be at the shower, tolet, sink. The sinks were poorly laid that you can put your hands under the faucet to wash your hands. A roached greeted me in the bathroom one night. Gross!!! What was crazy is the one bathroom was in the bedroom with the king size bed. So at night you got your kids coming into the room during the night. The one thing that drove was crazy was the room keys would wok ONE time before being needed to be rekeyed. UGH!! The family hated this place. All I can say good about it was it was close to the pier. Don’t waste your money.

Room Tip: Nothing good sorry.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Deputydawg2800
Thank you for taking the time to respond. You may or may not know this but this hotel was built in 1972 which make this building over 40 years old. We are located one block away from the Corpus Christi Marina and do, from time to time, experience rodents in this area. We do have our weekly pest control which does control this issue. Occasionally, we miss one or two but 99% of the time, we are rodent free.

Our Family Suites are equipped with 2 bedrooms, one with a King sized bed and one with two queen beds with a restroom that is shared. When you booked your reservation online, this information was listed for your viewing. I do apologize that this family suite did not meet your expectations and for any inconveneice this may have caused you and your family. I'm not sure if you did inform the front desk of your issue with your key card but there may have been an issue with your door lock and we could have had our maintanence correct this for you.

Again, we do humbly apologize and do hope you give a second chance in the near future.
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Worst experience ever!!!! One hour wait for check-in, no towels for two days, no phone, no internet, microwave wasn't working & the TV kept turning off! I asked for a full refund from the managment Eric Barker & all he could do was say I couldn't cancel, laughed & walked away! I asked to speak to Deedee Ramirez & have yet to receive a phone call or email.

Incompetent Management & puss poor service overall!! Waste of time, money, vacation!!!

1 Thank Noelda
Thank you for posting your review. I do believe all of these issues were resolved in a timely manner and we do apologize for any inconvenience that may have occurred during your stay. I also believe we were having some issues this weekend due to be sold out during Spring Break.

Again, thank you for choosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront and we look forward to you visiting us again in the near future.
McAllen, Texas
Reviewed March 14, 2014

When we got here the lady checking us in was super rude. She diddnt even look up or smile , just asked very rudely "name?" "Make and model of vehicle?"

The parking here is so narrow that we nearly crashed into other people trying to park there is just not enough room.

The elevators were small. When we got to our room some lady was still in it. It was WAY past check in time. The room was old! Very uncomfortable bed! Old box tv. Scratched tables and I think they have led paint on them. The bathroom was super small. The toilet is right next to the wall so u can't even sit right.

Our bed diddnt even have a blanket !!! Just white sheets . I called downstairs and asked them to bring one , they said they would but diddnt. Called again and still nothing .

I went downstairs to their "coffee shop". They had very incompetent people working there. Very unprofessional, they talked about their personal lives and diddnt even know how to make the things on their menu !!

I went upstairs and the toilet diddnt work !!! I finally went down to the lobby and asked for a blanket and some damn service because I kept getting ignored when I called!

It was truthfully the worst stay I have ever had in my life. DO NOT BOOK HERE PLEASE!!!

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you for taking the time for posting your review. You may or may not know this, but our hotel was built in 1972 which makes this building over 40 years old. The architectural structure of the building is renowned all over the world and there are still many hotels that have our same demure. I do believe you stayed in our hotel during Spring Break and during a sold out weekend. While we strive everyday to make our guests as content as possible, we do apologize for not meeting your expectations. We do have other rooms types that may have been more accommodating for you and your family, but I'm not sure if you were informed of this while checking in and we do apologize for that issue as well.

Our Coffee Bar is fairly new and we did have some new employees training that specific weekend. It is very difficult to train new employees when it is extremely busy but I do understand your concerns.

If you would like to give us a second chance, please contact me directly at the hotel and I would be more than happy to take care of your accommodations. Thank you again.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 7, 2014

We booked a room here on line and when we got there the room smelled and was not cleaned very well. My brother is a pest exterminator and he lifted the mattress to check and both beds were infested with bed bugs when he dropped the mattress tons of roaches ran out from under the bed. It was disgusting we left immediately and asked for a refund and the hotel refused to refund our money for the whole weekend they said the most they will give us back is for 1 night. This is a horrible hotel and its best to look somewhere else.

Room Tip: pick another hotel!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Nikkie T
Thanks for your review, but please try to give accurate information to the future travelers and not create a problem where none exists. We have enough shortcomings that you most certainly could write about them, but something we have not experienced is a bedbug infestation. THere have been reports of such, and we have dutifully invited in the health inspectors to survey the reported areas and we are happy to report there are no living or active bedbugs. And while there are cockroaches flying all thrugh the skies everywhere in South Texas, there are no massive colonies that we can identify within our structure. There are the occasional lone wanderers, but our frequent use of pest control contractors has made this problem less and less likely.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Me and my husband arrived in Corpus Christi at about 10:00 am and when I asked the staff if we could check-in she informed us that check-in was at 5:00 pm. but informed me that they would let us check-in at the complimentary 3:00 pm. I was OK with that because I did not call in advance to see what time check-in was.

The staff was so nice that they allowed us to get our parking pass early and gave us the wireless internet code so my husband could do some work on his computer while we waited. They had this great little coffee shop that I was able to get coffee and the staff member was so nice and accommodating. Around 11:00 we went across the street because the staff recommended the place as a good place to eat so we went and arrived back at the hotel around 12:00 pm... the lady at the front desk greeted us with a smile and said that our room was ready. I met the General Manager, Dee Dee, and we talked about the hotel. It was great.

I am not a person that will sleep anywhere. I once went to a hotel and asked for my money back... so when I give a review it is legitimate. When I give a rating it is based on hotels with similar amenities... I compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges.... I find that people have given this hotel a bad rating (I always check reviews) because frankly they are comparing apples to oranges.... wrong thing to do....

We went to our room and it was gorgeous...the floor were cleaned the bathroom was very clean., it was a bay front view, the refrigerator was clean, we had complimentary coffee and a coffee maker, we had an ice bucket with cups, the beds were nice with clean linen on it, we had an iron and ironing board, the TV was updated (flat screen)... I was really impressed with the room. We stayed for two nights and everyone was very nice and welcoming. If I had a question they were always polite and treated me very well.

I found that they had a pub connecting into the lobby of the hotel. I was not fearful because they had a security person monitoring the lobby area. My husband when to the pub to watch a game and he had a great time. I like the fact that if I needed him all I needed to do was go downstairs.

And yes...both elevators were working and was very quick...

This is a great place to stay for the price, location to the boardwalk and the amenities.. Remember you could go to the expensive ones and you will get what you paid for or you may not....

I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and I will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tiffany R
Thank you for taking the time to post this wonderful review. We really do appreciate you as being one of our delighted guests.

When, and if, you do come back to visit Corpus Christi, please contact me directly so I may speak with you and make your accommodations personally.

Again, thank you for chosing the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, where you're always treated like family!