“This hotel is totally underrated!!!!”

Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront
Ranked #53 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Arroyo Grande, California
“This hotel is totally underrated!!!!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I loved staying here. I was not sure after hearing some of the reviews! This is a really great bang for the buck! Nice rooms. Nice people.Nice area. Nice views. (be sure to pay for an ocean view!) It's totally worth it! Pools nice. Oceans nice. restaurants are close. It was fun.

Room Tip: Pay for the Ocean view!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
MrDonJones, PR Associate at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
As with the review above, I apologize for responding after such an interval but I do not habitually mess with positive reviews, considering I can do little to improve them, but I have learned that etiquette demands a response and I shall do so. Please accept our gratitude for taking the time to post, and we look forward to our next opportunity to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I have come to stay at this hotel as well as my brother's and sister's,while vacationing or just to get away for the weekend. The staff was great and "always" available to meet my families needs. I love the fact it's in a great location with a spectacular view! The room's are very spacious and clean. They're wheelchair accessible and that's a plus for me, being physically challenged. It makes my stay always a pleasant one!!
I totally love that they have a nice bar and good bands that play. The love the coffee shop and all the variety of foods they serve + the coffee is fantastic.. The service is great too!!
So, when you come and visit the city by the sea think about Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, your home away from home.. I promise you will enjoy your stay and it will meet all of your needs...
Thanks to all of you for the "best" weekend ever!!
The Gamez Family

Room Tip: If you want peace and quiet, then ask for a room on the south side of the hotel. There's a varie...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a favorable experience at this hotel. The staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. We had a spectacular view of the bay which made our stay most pleasant. Not the Ritz but it is a good deal for your dollar.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank bae2
Houston, Texas
Reviewed November 11, 2012

The smell in the lobby is like sewage , service is slow to non existant , everything is dirty and run down . I paid 3.00 for a cup of coffee that was lukewarm and tasted like brown water . The rooms were filthy , the towels were thin , small and rough , the sinks were almost impossible to use , the toilet was so close to the wall that you have to sit sideways on it . The fridge in the room had hair in it . The AC was very loud but did cool . The TV was old tube type , almost all hotels have flat panels these days . Even though it was cheaper than some hotels it was not worth the price we paid , The location was good ,

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher floors are a little better but still I would stay away !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank a737pilot

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed November 10, 2012

If I could get this hotel 0 stars, I would. By far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! Our room had nails on the floor, the bathroom had stains and hair all over the sink, and they have the nerve to charge you for any necessities that are not already in your room (pillows, blankets, etc.) Worst of all, there was a gas leak in the room! We quickly exited and had to wait in the lobby until 1:30 AM for them to check it. Management claimed there was no gas leak, but the smell was obvious. The next day, we decided to change our room in the hotel since there was no other hotel opening. They offered us a "suite" with a nice view of the bay, which turned out to be the exact same size as our old room. A huge building in front of our window covered the bay area. Staff kept lying to us over and over again! WARNING!!! Run as fast as you can away from the Bayfront!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank CSKOH
MrDonJones, PR Associate at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
There is a phenomenon in Corpus Christi that occasionally affects the downtown/Bayfront area depending on the wind direction. We are unable to control this. There are a number of petroleum refineries in the area that exhaust some pretty nasty-smelling fumes. As the comment suggests, there are no gas lines in the hotel above the ground floor, and the existing gas lines are located in the main kitchen, quite a distance from any guest rooms. We hear complaints about this problem whenever it occurs, but we are powerless to close down the refineries or control the wind if we were inclined to do so. We are accustomed to this aspect of life in a petroleum-based economy, and are grateful that the industry exists and provides employment and commerce in our beautiful city, and we just wait for the winds to return to their usual direction and carry the fumes inland.

I am concerned about your statements about housekeeping issues. You do not mention bringing the issue to management attention, which I recommend. In fact, the entire review is made 4 months after your stay, so it does little to inform potential guests of current conditions. We are constantly working to improve our product and provide an excellent guest experience, and we appreciate constructive criticism and suggestions.

With regard to our fees for guestroom amenities, we only charge for items guests choose to take with them when they leave.
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Attended a two day training program hosted at one of their meeting rooms. Walking into the lobby the first thing I encountered was the smell of urine and disinfectant, something I'd expect going into a dive bar on the bad side of town and not a downtown hotel. Turns out, the now closed Cassidy's Pub in the lobby level depended on the lobby men's room and was in shambles - grafitti on the walls, two working urinals where at one time there had been six, place is long overdue for a remodel. Noticed four air fresheners on the wall above the elevator doors obviously there to cover up the foul odors from the plumbing problems.

The second day of the program the front desk hijacked the free coffee saying if we want coffee to buy it from the cafe. Never mind the hotel probably didn't have 5% occupancy that day and if the company hadn't booked the meeting suite they wouldn't have anyone there.

If the lobby is that bad I can only imagine what the rooms must be like. Several other downtown hotels to choose from that are probably better than this one. The two things that will save this place are a wrecking ball and a bulldozer.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank bucktoof
MrDonJones, PR Associate at Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thanks for taking the time to review our humble hotel. We value your opinion, and hope we are better able to offer you a pleasant experience next time around. We appreciate the positive aspects of your comments, and are taking your criticisms to heart. We are constantly working to improve our building, furnishings, and mechanical systems to provide a warm, inviting, and comfortable experience. Unfortunately,we have to identify and plan our renovations, and the removal and replacement of bathtubs has not been completed. We have replaced about 1/3, and those that have yet to be replaced are being cleaned and maintained to the best of our ability. Our relevant policy is that any item that is older must be immaculately clean. While some tubs show signs of wear and age, we expend extra effort to keep them very clean, and to patch or repair any defects until such time as we are able to replace them. For future guestgs, ion the event you find a discoloration in your bathtub, please rest assured it is deeply embedded in the material and not something that has been overlooked. We use state-of-the-art electronics to measure the quality of our housekeeping and address any deficiencies immediately. As to bedding, many of our mattresses are brand new, and those that are not have been carefully vetted, with any that do not meet our standards removed from service. It is a common problem in our industry that beds cannot suit every variety of personal preference, so we strive to reach a medium position where the majority are comfortable, with those on the extreme poles of individual preference being, unfortunately, left to endure an "average" mattress firmness. Some find them too hard, and others find them too soft. For this we apologize, and hope someday to find a solution that satisfies 100% of our guests.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I recently (October 3-14) stayed at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront. My stay was for eleven days so I had an opportunity to get to know the hotel, area, and staff well. I was impressed with all three.

The hotel itself has a tremendous amount of character and history. There are small shops and one bar on the first floor that are convenient but not affiliated with the hotel so guests are not able to apply charges to their room. (Not all shops are occupied at the moment.)

The location could not be better! It's a short walk to the bay. Be sure to ask for a Bayfront room. The cost is a little more but it's worth it to wake up to that view every day.

I have a new grandchild in Corpus and will be returning often. I will absolutely stay at the Hotel Corpus Christi Bayfront again.

Room Tip: THere isn't a "spa", but wanted to add a comment on the pool area. The pool is large a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo