“Great choice for Corpus”

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Omni in October, 2013 while attending a meeting hosted by the hotel. The entire experience was great. The hotel is easy to find and a short drive to the airport, the rooms are spacious and include a handy mini-refrigerator and coffee maker so you can easily breakfast in the room with a little preparation. I never heard another guest, very quiet. There was a cricket invasion and I found crickets even in my room on one of the highest levels of the hotel - but the staff warned guests not to leave balcony doors open so it was my own fault. The view is lovely out of both sides of the hotel, and morning walks along the shore and wandering onto small piers that dot the shoreline was fantastic - just beautiful. The catering for the meeting was fantastic, the wait staff in particular were personable and helpful and the food was great. The hotel staff was completely professional, and accommodating when I had to check out early as a result of the federal government shutdown. The federal room rate was honored, which made this a great deal.

Room Tip: Higher levels have better views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel a few times now as it is my company's preferred hotel to stay in when in Corpus. Each time I have stayed, there is a mildew/musty smell in the rooms. And this weekend, I found a bathrobe hanging in the closet with mold all over the back of it. I understand this hotel is right by the bay/water and it gets really humid but management should really do something about the smell and potential mold problem. The last time I went to Corpus for business (October 2013), I stayed at a different hotel right down the street from Omni, also by the bay/water, and there was no smell of mold, must or mildew in that room.

I did report the moldy bathrobe to the front desk. I didn't ask to be moved to another room because of the smell. It wouldn't have made a difference. As I mentioned before, I've stayed at this hotel a few times and each time I had to deal with the smell. I had to crack the patio door open to air the room out.

I gave this hotel 3 stars only because the staff was nice and pleasant and the hotel itself is in a great location. The room was pretty clean and the bed the comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I stayed at the Omni after a hectic Thanksgiving holiday visit with family. The location was very convenient and the room had a terrific view. I used the on-line express check in service which was very convenient. Our room was a nice size with two televisions. Needless to say, I was thrilled to have control over the viewing choice rather than watching some dreadful holiday programming with my children.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Excellent hotel all around! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The food at the Glass Pavilion is delicious and well prepared. We always enjoy our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Arrived late evening which was a pleasure to come to a quiet and calm hotel given that we were tired. The check-in was fast and good service. Bell staff were friendly when approached though I did not used their service. Accommodations were great and ambassador offered her service as well though it was not required or used, thank you though. Would definitely return when returning to this area again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I had a business meeting unexpectedly cancel on a Monday morning. I called the Omni customer service line at 9:00 AM in order to cancel my one night reservation for that evening. I was told that if I wanted to cancel I needed to do it by 12:00 the PREVIOUS DAY. I explained that the previous day was a Sunday and as a business traveler plans change at the last minute. The supervisor I spoke with was one of the rudest people I have ever dealt with and should definitely choose another line of work. I hope it was worth the $171 Omni charged me for the room to never have me stay at that Omni or any other Omni again. Almost every hotel chain allows you to cancel a hotel reservation up to 6:00 PM on the day of arrival. Omni needs to catch up with the times and needs to have customer service supervisors who actually like their jobs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michele H
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Excellant location to venues. Excellant staff and beautiful hotel. Pet friendly is a big plus! Lots of grassy areas and sidewalks up and down the shoreline for dog walking. Beautiful views of the bayfront. Nice, big walk-out patios.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family