“Pretty good hotel with great location”

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was teetering between 3 and 4 stars for this hotel and settled on 4. We stayed June 30-July 3, 2013 on a family vacation with mom, dad, and kids aged 5 and 7. I wish I could come up with a better description for the hotel, but the word which comes to mind is "fine." They had reasonable amenities and a nice breakfast buffet, and they were around the corner from a convenience store if you needed anything. The hotel staff didn't seem particularly interested in helping, and the room wasn't ready when the "loyalty ambassador" said it would be. Also, the "suite" we reserved was pretty cramped for the price we paid. That said, they have done a nice job with the hotel given the ravages of salt air. The valet was excellent, the hotel was clean, and it was across the street from the marina with a series of pleasant attractions. I am not dying to go back, but I would certainly be happy to do so if that is what worked out.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our family recently stayed at the Omni for a short vacation. We paid more than $300 a night for a suite and were expecting great things. It was not to be. The suite was nice, but seemed dated. Our room service order (breakfast) arrived with cold food and the food in the onsite restaurant (I think it is called the pavilion) was not much better. The pull-out bed on the couch was so uncomfortable, we ended up using an air mattress that we brought so our son could get a good night's sleep. We were excited about swimming in the pool based on the pictures on the website, but, once again, we were disappointed. It is much smaller than it looks and the water was freezing. The wonderful restaurant touted as the best in Corpus Christi (Republic of Texas) was overpriced and underwhelming, but that is another review. All in all, I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Location is great downtown Corpus..with most rooms facing the water the Omni offers a great location for restaurants nearby and being able to walk or run along the boardwalk just across the street. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. The workout out room is very small but the machines we very clean. This hotel is very dated, but kept up nicely. The best part about the hotel is the bar on the top floor. Its has a beautiful view from a top and a great place to meet people. The hotel has a shuttle service that is not advertise. If its not to busy, just ask the bellmen nicely and they may take you to a nearby place for a small tip..but dont get mad if they say no..

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Omni in Corpus this week. As a business traveler, I really appreciate Omni amenities - free WiFi and morning coffee brought to the room for Select Guest members.
Comfortable beds, elegant decor and a secure parking garage.
What made this trip truly memorable was Jesse - one of the security personnel. When I arrived in my room, I discovered that the cap on the $4.00 in-room bottled water had been opened and, I assume, had been re-attached after the previous occupant had consumed the water and refilled the bottle with tap water. Ick.
I went to the gift shop to buy a new bottle and mentioned the problem to the gift shop attendant. Jesse overheard me and asked which room I was in. Later, after my workout, I returned to my room and found a bucket of ice with 3 complimentary bottles of water in it! Way to go Jesse - you went out of your way to help when you really didn't have to. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and excellent customer service!
I will be returning to the Omni on my next trip to Corpus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Where do I start.... Tried to check in at 3:00 pm and my room was not ready. Waited for 20 minutes, checked in, room was hot. Called the front desk and they had maintenance come up and he was able to fix it. Awesome. Went to restroom during the night and saw a cockroach crawling on the floor. Not cool. Hair in tub, and dust everywhere. Room had a weird smell. Bed was uncomfortable and I couldn't figure out why there was no fitted sheet, they just had a flat sheet acting like a fitted. Just Weird. On the bright side the staff was very nice and the view was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I can keep this review fairly simple. This hotel is situated as an anchor to Corpus Christi’s main center. It’s within walking distance of the U.S. District Court and City Hall, as well as an easy walk to many good restaurants and the first Whataburger. The hotel is a little older, but well-maintained and clean. There is a great bar with views of the water, since the shoreline is less than a hundred feet away, with a capable and friendly staff. There is also a store with postcards and other souvenirs on the first floor and meeting rooms that are well-suited to business meetings.

I saw a woman leaving with a dog, so I am guessing it is a pet friendly property. Overall, I like the classic design and understated luxury, but recognize that there are newer hotels a little closer to the restaurants. Parking was easy, but not free, although I like the garage as opposed to the open lots for most other hotels I saw, for security and ease of unloading and loading luggage. The views were nice, and the balconies would be great for sitting and enjoying the coastal air. The only negative I could cite is that some folks with special mufflers were racing up and down the street abutting the hotel and shoreline. It was surprisingly loud, so I am not sure what insulation would help or if it’s just a weekend problem.

A unique positive was the ghostly staff. By that I mean, I cannot claim to have ever seen anything delivered or cleaned, but each night there was a turndown service and the room was spotless, and each morning there was a paper and complimentary tea or coffee delivered, but by whom I couldn’t say.

Room Tip: A higher floor on the shoreline side will afford great views with less road noise.