“Great Staff!”

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had a great stay at the Omni in Corpus this week. As a business traveler, I really appreciate Omni amenities - free WiFi and morning coffee brought to the room for Select Guest members.
Comfortable beds, elegant decor and a secure parking garage.
What made this trip truly memorable was Jesse - one of the security personnel. When I arrived in my room, I discovered that the cap on the $4.00 in-room bottled water had been opened and, I assume, had been re-attached after the previous occupant had consumed the water and refilled the bottle with tap water. Ick.
I went to the gift shop to buy a new bottle and mentioned the problem to the gift shop attendant. Jesse overheard me and asked which room I was in. Later, after my workout, I returned to my room and found a bucket of ice with 3 complimentary bottles of water in it! Way to go Jesse - you went out of your way to help when you really didn't have to. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and excellent customer service!
I will be returning to the Omni on my next trip to Corpus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Omni Corpus Christi Hotel

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Where do I start.... Tried to check in at 3:00 pm and my room was not ready. Waited for 20 minutes, checked in, room was hot. Called the front desk and they had maintenance come up and he was able to fix it. Awesome. Went to restroom during the night and saw a cockroach crawling on the floor. Not cool. Hair in tub, and dust everywhere. Room had a weird smell. Bed was uncomfortable and I couldn't figure out why there was no fitted sheet, they just had a flat sheet acting like a fitted. Just Weird. On the bright side the staff was very nice and the view was beautiful.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I can keep this review fairly simple. This hotel is situated as an anchor to Corpus Christi’s main center. It’s within walking distance of the U.S. District Court and City Hall, as well as an easy walk to many good restaurants and the first Whataburger. The hotel is a little older, but well-maintained and clean. There is a great bar with views of the water, since the shoreline is less than a hundred feet away, with a capable and friendly staff. There is also a store with postcards and other souvenirs on the first floor and meeting rooms that are well-suited to business meetings.

I saw a woman leaving with a dog, so I am guessing it is a pet friendly property. Overall, I like the classic design and understated luxury, but recognize that there are newer hotels a little closer to the restaurants. Parking was easy, but not free, although I like the garage as opposed to the open lots for most other hotels I saw, for security and ease of unloading and loading luggage. The views were nice, and the balconies would be great for sitting and enjoying the coastal air. The only negative I could cite is that some folks with special mufflers were racing up and down the street abutting the hotel and shoreline. It was surprisingly loud, so I am not sure what insulation would help or if it’s just a weekend problem.

A unique positive was the ghostly staff. By that I mean, I cannot claim to have ever seen anything delivered or cleaned, but each night there was a turndown service and the room was spotless, and each morning there was a paper and complimentary tea or coffee delivered, but by whom I couldn’t say.

Room Tip: A higher floor on the shoreline side will afford great views with less road noise.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Loved it. Ate at the republic of Texas grille and the glass pavilion. Great food at both in-house restaurants. Comfy rooms with balconies that overlook Corpus Christi bay. Beautiful. Friendly and helpful hotel staff. Excellent restaurant service.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank MarcyAg82
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff is very attentive and nice. The hotel is right by the beach. The view from our room is beautiful. The hotel is well kept, very clean. The swimming pool is beautiful and very clean as well. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Maria G
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I recently stayed at the Omni Corpus Christi while attending a conference. I had heard negative comments about this hotel from my colleagues. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my large, corner room, which was apparently the recipient of a recent update. I had gorgeous views of the ocean on one side and the harbor bridge on the other side through sliding glass doors which opened to balconies. The room had a large bathroom with nice toiletries, soft towels and robe. The room also had a more than adequately-sized desk and a comfortable chair and a half with ottoman -- the perfect place to relax with a good book! I dined at the cafe, which I felt was over-priced. The service was slow and the food was cold. Otherwise, the staff was very accommodating and made me feel very welcome. I also took advantage of the hotel shuttle to the airport, which saved me at least $30 in cab fares.

Room Tip: As for a corner room on an upper floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank dfbrewer04
Reviewed July 8, 2013

After a horrible experience renting a place at Rockport, Jordan and her staff stepped in and offered to put my family up here for our week at the Gulf. Granted, I was here at the Omni for a meeting as a group with which I'm a board member was having our preview meeting for our January conference. However, I felt my family and I were constantly treated like important guests. From the front desk staff who were concerned about one of our teen's stingray injury, to the cleaning staff, to the concierge, this place was amazing!

I am even more excited that my group decided to hold our 2014 conference here. I believe this was a wonderful decision based on my recent week staying at the Omni Corpus Christi Bayfront.

Room Tip: We were on the side that does not face the Lexington. The only time that would be somewhat of a draw...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family