“Dramatic Improvements”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Dallas, Texas
“Dramatic Improvements”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had visited the Omni in Corpus Christi before (and reviewed it) and while the staff was great, I reported the hotel was aging. Well no more, Omni has obviously started a big renovation and the results are already great. This renovation paired with the great staff and amenities get five stars in my book

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RyanThompson6818

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The handicap accessible room was very uncomfortable. There was no bedside table for my cpap machine so the staff brought in an extra chair for me to use. The closet consisted of 4 wall hooks inside a 6 inch deep by 12 inch wide cubby hole. The staff found a clothes rack for us to use for the four days we were there for a conference meeting. The bell staff and maintenance staff were very apologetic and quick to solve all of the problems. It had an excellent roll in shower but it took out all of the closet space. Apparently they don't think handicapped persons need closet space. I will definitely stay there again but I will try to make do with a regular room instead of the handicap room.

Room Tip: If you are staying longer than overnight, I don't suggest staying in a handicap accessible room...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Here for a golf weekend and the staff (especially the bell and concierge) were great. Rooms have great views of the bay and the location is excellent. Easy walk to several restaurants. Our air conditioner wasn't cooling and was immediately attended to. Love that about a hotel. Asked for different pillows...again... was done very quickly and much appreciated. Sunday breakfast buffet is delicious!!

Room Tip: Enjoyed a room higher up with views of Corpus Christi Bay
2 Thank CJMTraveler
Royal Oak, Michigan
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The hotel has a great and beautiful location. The staff is terrific. Friendly and efficient. The work out room(s) is very limited. One has a few cardio machines, the other has a nice weight circuit. The restaurant was fine. The breakfast buffet was well done, albeit slightly limited. The rooms were fine, but a little on the old side. The view was great.

I would certainly stay here again, but primarily because of the location and the staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Breckenridge, Colorado
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We arrived around 3pm on a Thursday afternoon, my husband had checked us in on line so the process was very smooth but when we reached our room housekeeping had not finished cleaning it which was a bit annoying but we enjoyed a drink in the bar. The following day we used the tiny hotel gym leaving the "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Having cleaned up we removed the DND prior to heading to the beach for the day. On our return our room hadn't been cleaned so we rang housekeeping and asked for clean towels and for our room to be serviced while we went out for dinner. There was a big delay from my call to our receipt of the towels and no real apology for not having cleaned our room. In fact we had received a message from reception asking to speak to us whereon we were informed that the reason our room hadn't been cleaned was because of the DND sign which had been removed around 11.30. The following day I enjoyed a lie while my husband went to the gym and we turned housekeeping away early in the morning (Saturday). They did not return to check if we had left in the following 3 hours - we went out around midday and let reception know our room was free to be cleaned. Finally we had breakfast in the hotel on Sunday morning, the buffet was OK but really lacking on the healthy options, no low fat spread, limited fruit selection but the omelette man was great. All in all I would recommend this hotel as we had a spectacular view over the USS Lexington and the top floor restaurant was excellent but for a four star hotel housekeeping needs to tighten up!

south texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I have just returned from a three day stay at this hotel. We have stayed here numerous times in the past; but I feel this may very well be my last. The new has worn off and they do nothing to encourage you to come back. I booked a Bayview suite. My total bill was over $1200. The room was large and as described on the internet. The room was in need of a makeover as the walls were damaged as was the ceiling; carpet was loose in several places.

We ordered room service, a steak, two salads and tortilla soup.My wife ordered the tortilla soup. I inquired as to it's availability, was told yes they still had it. When she received it, it was nothing more than chicken in a chili powder sauce. Better tortilla soup can be found in a can. Total bill...$79.

I am a member of the Omni's reward club. As such, I am supposed to get a free beverage in the morning. Two days I got orange juice, this morning NOTHING!

The piece de resistance was this morning.

Our room had three balconies. Early this morning, my wife decided to take a photo of the moon from one of the balconies. She closed the door to keep the a/c on. When she went to come back into the room, the door wouldn't open. It had locked itself. She was stranded on a balcony a hundred or so feet in the air. My wife is afraid of heights. Luckily she was able to awake me with my cell phone.

This morning we were awakened by the high pitched squeals of children coming from the adjoining regular room.

When I checked out and told the clerk of our problems; her response was "I'm sorry".

Total disregard for patrons.

You are not the only hotel in Corpus, in fact your old Omni is now a Holiday Inn and is cheaper.

Maybe next time I bring my wife to town to have Daniel do here hair, we will stay there.

Lake Jackson, Texas
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We got to the hotel and the staff was very friendly. We were offered drinks and snacks even before we got to our room. Everything looked cleaned and well maintained. No roaches, spiders, etc. The room was nice, but I wish they would have had more options as far as bed sizes. When I booked it, they either had 1 large or 2 double. Doubles do not work for couples, it would have been fine if I was single! The room was about average, and the bathroom was ok. The sink was nice, but the tube was a little dated, but they were clean! The had bathrobes which was also nice. The beds, to me were a little stiff, and the pillows...well I didn't like the pillows they were too hard. I am used to very soft pillows. I wish they would have had patio furniture on the balacony. This hotel is nice, but a little pricey. Also, the breakfast, which we ordered a basic cost us $50.00! So beware! Other than that nice hotel, great staff and very clean and in a good location.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 14th floor, it was nosey as you can hear the people down the hall slamming thei...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family