“Top notch 2 night Memorial Day Weekend stay”

Omni Corpus Christi Hotel
Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We splurged on the Omni, because our trip was a dual purpose trip. We were in town to attend an engagement party and bridal shower, but my birthday always falls on Memorial Day weekend, and we usually try to do something fun on Memorial Day weekend. When we booked the trip, we joined the perks club. Do that. From check in to check out, we had a mostly pleasant experience. We didn't valet park, but we did unload in the valet drive. The bellman helped my husband unload, then waited in the lobby for us to park and check in, then took our stuff to our room. Great service from him. The gentleman at the check in desk was very nice as well. He gave our son a backpack with some little stuff in it, which really impressed us. After we'd settled into our room there was a knock at our door and they brought us 3 slices of chocolate cake and some milk for my birthday. That evening they brought our son a chocolate chip cookie and some more milk.
The pool was pretty small and crowded, but the crowded part is only to be expected in the summer months. They had a baby pool too which was nice the first day when we just wanted to let our son get wet for a few minutes.
We also enjoyed the free morning beverages that we received for being a part of the perks club. The 2nd morning we forgot to check what time we wanted our drinks delivered so we had a note under our door telling us to call and they'd bring it up. We called and they said it would be 15 minutes. 45 minutes later we still hadn't received our drinks, so we called back, and they brought it up right away. We were impressed that they wound up not charging us for our son's chocolate milk for our having to wait.
Now for the negatives --- The parking garage fills up quickly. If you want to park in the garage, you'd better not stay out late at night. Our first night we got back around 10:30 - 11:00 pm and there were NO spots in the garage. The kid that was monitoring the garage told us we could go park in the Enterprise (rental car) lot across the street, or we could have the valet park our vehicle (in the Enterprise lot) for us and we wouldn't be charged the valet rate if we call and let the front desk know. We weren't all excited about that. The next morning we called for our vehicle and it was waiting for us when we got downstairs. They were very busy so I just asked a guy if our keys would be in our vehicle, the guy was a total punk because he was busy and shrugged me off with an I don't know. My husband was not impressed by the guy's attitude. We got to our car and it was unlocked but our keys weren't in it, which made my husband walk back to the valet stand while I buckled our son in. I think the guy realized that my husband was ticked. We got back a little earlier the next night, but still almost had the same problem. We got a spot only because we have handicap parking. It seems like something could be done about the parking situation, especially at peak times.
The other minus was that there were no chairs on the balcony. We had brought our chairs with us so we were able to sit out there in them, but I'd think they could at least put some cheap plastic chairs out there. If we wouldn't have had our chairs we would not have really enjoyed the balcony much, and because I don't usually sleep well when we are traveling, we always try to get a balcony room wherever we go. There were matches on the balcony, so it looked like maybe housekeeping forgot to sweep out there before us. Hopefully they caught before the next guests used that room.
All in all our stay was top notch. The things that were wrong were, for the most par, minor. We will no doubt be back. Sooner than later, hopefully!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,142)

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Located near shoreline drive this hotel was pretty decent. We paid close to 250 a night including a parking fee. Pool was nice, rooms were very small but the beds were comfortable. We stayed 2 nights and the turn down service put out milk and cookies while we were gone. We were so impressed I left a 5 dollar tip the next night and strangely no milk and cookies....a little disappointed and weird. Might be maid dependent I guess. Otherwise not bad stay.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is by far the best you will get in Corpus Christi. We stayed here for a 3 night stay. The staff everywhere in this hotel is absolutely amazing. We upgraded to the executive suite which has been recently remodeled and it was definitely worth it. The Republic of Texas restaurant on the top floor has great steaks, side dishes and deserts. The glass pavilion restaurant has a good breakfast and dinner also. The location is the best in Corpus Christi as this hotel is in the center of everything with so much to do it will fill up your days. We bought our bikes with us and rode up and down ocean drive to see beautiful scenery, parks and oceanfront homes. The only reason I can't give this hotel 5 stars is it still needs to be remodeled in many areas including completely updating the public areas. Everything is very clean and well maintained. I hope the Omni has plans for a multi million dollar remodel expansion and updating the public areas soon to include a massive pool remodel and spa like the scale of the one in Orlando. Corpus Christi needs it because there are no other choices in hotels for luxury on the Bay or in South Texas.

Room Tip: Upgrade to executive suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2013

We were here for a convention. Catered Meals were all very good, help was friendly, room was clean. I am a select guest member, so I got free wifi and morning beverage room service, both of which were nice, otherwise wifi is $10 a DAY!
The restaurant on the second floor was terrible. I ordered a tortilla soup, it was way too salty, did not taste good, overpriced and not as described on the menu. Service was slow, waitress not very friendly. People were not getting waited on and asking the hostess for things, but you could tell she felt it wasn't her place because she was The Hostess, so she would tell them that she wasn't the waitress.
Overall it was a great place for a meeting, and we had a group rate, but I wouldn't pay full price to stay on my own.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

Wow excellent services from start to finish.
I look forward to coming back here, the personal service and attention to details was a outstanding surprise. Very well done.
Thank-you much. Cards and sweet birthday
suprise for the wife and card for the Princess letting us know were walking areas
were at, pet friendly and a lot of good services.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is my 2nd time to stay at this hotel and both times I encountered the same issues with cleanliness. I stayed here about 4 years ago and vowed to never stay again because the room itself didnt seem clean. The pillow has mascara from the previous guests, plus random strands of hair on the bed. Just gross.

I decided to give them another try, so I booked another weekend stay last week. Absolutely no changes. When I entered the first room it smelled of smoke, so I switched rooms. 2nd room, there was a used wash cloth sitting on the lounge chair in the room. Since I didnt want to move rooms yet again, I just got a napkin and threw it on the floor. Also, the tub had strands of hair on the walls, plus it didnt drain at all, so you had the added bonus of walking around in your own filth. I was grossed out the whole time knowing that if this tub wasnt draining, then how in the world was it properly cleaned. So unsanitary.

The only positives about this hotel is the location, ambience and staff. Its very lively and you get good views in most of the rooms.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Enjoyed my stay. Lovely decor, lovely view. Clean and pretty. Polite, helpful employees. Sign up for the free guest loyalty program for free breakfast drinks delivered to your door and free wi-fi. Will likely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family