“Good hotel”

Ranked #3 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas, United States
“Good hotel”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Omni Bayfront for a long weekend and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! The room and the bed were comfortable and the view over the Bay was great! Even though we had to wait for an hour and a half for our room to be made ready, despite reservations, we will stay here again.
Be sure to walk a block down Water Street to eat at the Thai Spice restaurant - wonderful!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I have been staying at this hotel about once every two to three years for the past twenty years. Three years ago when I stayed here - it was looking rather tired and worn. They have always had great service - but vacationers do take a toll on the best of properties. Sooooooo - I was very pleasantly surprised with my recent week long visit. The property has been refreshed, renovated, remodeled, & rejuvenated! In the most pleasing way - I hated to leave! I think I could have comfortably lived in this hotel room! The new room decor is a classic coastal with Polynesian island accents. The bed and linens were of high quality bringing me much needed rest. And if you haven't signed up for guest select services - do this before you arrive to an Omni property for some extra perks like free internet, free morning beverages, pressing of shirts, etc. A very nice service. And of course - the view from this property is mesmerizing - the ocean! Be sure to watch the led lights on the bridge at night too - very interesting light display.

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have the best views of the ocean.
1 Thank Blueigirl
College Station, Texas
Reviewed July 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed here three nights on business. The room was good, the bed was very comfortable, and the view superb. The bath counter was a little small for two people. The desk was not adequate for work, and it lacked enough electrical outlets (we had a computer, two phones, and an iPad). The air handler was noisy, but hotel maintenance showed us how to shut it off for a very quiet night's rest. We would definitely come back. The hotel is on the bay, but it is not very close to any restaurants or shopping.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Norma C, Executive Assistant at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I was glad to read you enjoyed your stay overall. I will report your concerns to our maintenance department. We hope to serve you again in the near future.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at the Omni Bayfront during a convention for work. The convention was also held here, and I think that the Omni was a great place for it. The room was nice and updated. There was a desk space where I could easily plug in my laptop and work. The TV had plenty of channels and there was a nice sitting area and balcony as well. The bathroom was ok-nothing too special. The "hot" and "cold" were reversed-but other than that it was fine. The only complaint I had about the room was that the AC unit was extremely loud. I've been in hotels with wall units that there quieter than this.

The staff were very friendly, both during checkout and during the convention. I ate at The Glass Pavilion every night I was there and I highly recommend it. Overall, I had a great experience and would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: request a room that doesn't face the main street (shoreline). This was out of the hotel's co...
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Had to spend a week working in Corpus, got a room on the north bay side with a great view of the bridge and blue ghost, room was clean and comfortable but the air conditioner had a hard time finding the right tempature. As expected the staff is extremly helpful and do a great job of making sure your room is taken care of and your questions are answered if you have any. The gym area is good with seperate areobics (Bikes, walkers) and weight room this along with the pool and wet and dry saunas make getting a little exercise refreshing.

Room Tip: The north bay side has the best view in my opinion, the bridge and ship are lit up at night.
Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Great location on the bay with balcony. Room was clean and nice and pool was nice. Room service was very good. Short walk to ferry boat and nice restaurants on the water. If staying in the side facing the bridge you have a great night time view as well. Great stay overall! Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Visited Corpus Christi during the TIVA conference. The staff is awesome and I think this is the best Hotel in Corpis Christi. One day, Omni set up a ice cream area and gave out free ice cream with all the trimmings to everyone. I was so impressed with the way Omni treats it's guest. I've decided, after this, I will only stay at the Omni Hotels. Omni this kind of stuff does pay off, thank you! You guys always go above and beyond.
Here's a clue, I go every year and I always see several of the same great staff working here. To me, this means Omni takes care of not only their guest but their employees as well. Reserve your room here and I assure they will take good care of you.

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Norma C, Executive Assistant at Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
Thank you for your wonderful comments. We love the TIVA conference and its attendees. We hope to serve you in the near future!