“Horrible hotel”

Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Gonzales, United States
“Horrible hotel”
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Rooms are dirty there was no soap or shampoo in the room, the bathroom was filthy. Pool is dirty, grounds unkempt, parking lot damaged. There was a picnic table at the back of the property that was damaged and missing one of the two benches. This hotel needs a complete rehab. If you can avoid this hotel please do!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Manuel P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Elsa
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This has been the worst La Quinta stay for my family and I. The room was ugly. The stains in the carpet were my 1st surprise for it being a La quinta, but the bathroom and sink area were the worst. The bathroom was outdated and it had mildew and stains of cleaning chemicals-and it smelled like mold. We had to ask for towels our 2nd day because we thought while we were away the cleaning staff would come and clean our room-boy were we wrong. Unfortunately I'll have 2nd thoughts about our stay at La Quinta now. I'm scared of what our San Antonio stay will be like since we're heading over there today. Very disappointed with La Quinta.

1 Thank Ylozano

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2014

* We discovered when we woke up that we had a friend sleeping with us because THERE WAS A ROACH IN OUR BED! Seriously!
* We had room 121. There is a loud noise that is hard to describe but it is constant. All day and all night. We got no sleep for two nights.
* When we checked in we saw that the vanity mirror had little children fingerprints all over the bottom. Nice and greasy fingerprints. And cheerios under the couch and various places near the edge of the floor. Our dog enjoyed those, thanks.
* Coffee supplies were open and USED when we first got into the room. We had a long trip and looked forward to having a cup of coffee but the packet with the stir sticks and sugars was opened and half a sugar packet was gone and the stir sticks were gone.
* Refrigerator seal was disgustingly moldy and the shower had mold as well.
* Housekeeping never cleaned our room. We removed the Do Not Disturb sign at 9:30 a.m. We waited all day and about 5 p.m. I gave up and went to the front desk (because they didn't answer the phone no matter how many times I tried) and asked for clean towels so we could have some the next day.
* The back on the TV remote was missing and the batteries kept falling out.
* Front Desk NEVER answers the phone. We had that room for 2 days and I called numerous times for the issues listed above and I never once had someone answer.
* It was housekeeping that checked us out and she could care less about the above issues.

Room Tip: To choose a good room don't stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Teresa M
Corpus Christi
Reviewed July 14, 2014

As soon as I checked in and walked to my car to drive to my room, a man came up to me and asked if we could "hang". Soon to find out, he was in the room next to mine. Thankfully there was no door connecting the two rooms on the inside. Not long later, he comes knocking on my door with a case of beer asking, yet again, if we can hang. I realize this was not LaQuinta's fault, but my door did not lock properly and I could not get a room change, so I was not happy.

Also, my toilet didn't flush, and I never got it to completely flush the tiniest bit of toilet paper. My sheets also felt sticky. Like the kind of sticky that happens on a carpet that is not cleaned properly, which is also what the carpet in my room felt like.

The shower did not drain properly either, but I did not even try to actually take a shower during my stay because the bathtub did not look clean whatsoever. There was no hair in it, but it looked extremely grimy.

After I complained about my sheets, I was given a $20 discount, which is better than nothing.

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied.

Austin, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Let's see, previous occupant's used soap in tub; no shampoo/conditioner/soap; desk top power didn't work; full trash can liner stayed outside my door from check-in to check-out; no coffee in lobby in a.m. - machine out of order; loose trash all over exterior of property. I paid $116 for the hotel experience more closely associated with an hourly-rate, couples motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

San Antonio
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

In town to fish and last minute booking--- everything else was full, and now I know why this place had rooms. This Motel was filthy. There was hair all over the bathroom floor, no soap provided, (luckily I bring my own), and we saw a roach in the morning in the room. I was so grossed out after seeing the bathroom that I only slept on top of the bed, because I'm sure they don't clean the sheets well. I left at 4:30 in the morning and didn't look back. Stay ANYWHERE else, especially for 100 bucks!!

1 Thank Meghiccup