“Did not feel safe”

Ranked #57 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi
“Did not feel safe”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

As soon as I checked in and walked to my car to drive to my room, a man came up to me and asked if we could "hang". Soon to find out, he was in the room next to mine. Thankfully there was no door connecting the two rooms on the inside. Not long later, he comes knocking on my door with a case of beer asking, yet again, if we can hang. I realize this was not LaQuinta's fault, but my door did not lock properly and I could not get a room change, so I was not happy.

Also, my toilet didn't flush, and I never got it to completely flush the tiniest bit of toilet paper. My sheets also felt sticky. Like the kind of sticky that happens on a carpet that is not cleaned properly, which is also what the carpet in my room felt like.

The shower did not drain properly either, but I did not even try to actually take a shower during my stay because the bathtub did not look clean whatsoever. There was no hair in it, but it looked extremely grimy.

After I complained about my sheets, I was given a $20 discount, which is better than nothing.

Overall, I am extremely dissatisfied.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Austin, United States
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Let's see, previous occupant's used soap in tub; no shampoo/conditioner/soap; desk top power didn't work; full trash can liner stayed outside my door from check-in to check-out; no coffee in lobby in a.m. - machine out of order; loose trash all over exterior of property. I paid $116 for the hotel experience more closely associated with an hourly-rate, couples motel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

San Antonio
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

In town to fish and last minute booking--- everything else was full, and now I know why this place had rooms. This Motel was filthy. There was hair all over the bathroom floor, no soap provided, (luckily I bring my own), and we saw a roach in the morning in the room. I was so grossed out after seeing the bathroom that I only slept on top of the bed, because I'm sure they don't clean the sheets well. I left at 4:30 in the morning and didn't look back. Stay ANYWHERE else, especially for 100 bucks!!

1 Thank Meghiccup
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

You could do so much better for $100 a night!! The cleaning staff was inadequate. Not all rooms have fridge and micro. Bathroom needs updating...toilet didn't flush right, shower was moldy. Shady part of town. Very disappointed!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mark B
Garland
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We are out of here ASAP in the morning, La Quinta should get rid of this place. I don't think the issues can be fixed. Shoddy remodeling, filthy walkways.....the room was cleaned ok, just things look broken down. Also, the old air conditioning rattles like crazy. Awake most of the night due to folks talking outside. At checkin we heard a man complain that his room had not been cleaned for a second day. To be fair, the ladies at the desk were pleasant.

1 Thank Jddnjreed
New Braunfels, United States
Reviewed July 10, 2014

First, we called numerous times, and nobody ever answered the phone. I thought maybe the location had actually been closed or something. When we arrived to check in, there were 2 or 3 other couples waiting there and the lady behind the counter said she was trying to find rooms for everyone. She said they didn't have enough house-keeping help. After about...15 minutes, they found us a room. The website said that this location was recently renovated. The rooms did look nice with new sheets and furniture, but the bathtub leaked all day and night. Additionally, we saw 2 housekeeping ladies standing outside a room gossiping and talking. If they were behind or short on help, and customers were waiting, I'm not sure why these 2 ladies were standing around doing nothing. The next morning, breakfast was good: the same as every La Quinta we stay in. However, as the manager was trying to check people out, 5 or 6 of the housekeeping ladies were crowding the front desk. They were arguing about scheduling because I heard them complaining about someone's schedule. The milk kept running out, and none of the other customers or I could get the manager's attention to refill it because she was dealing with her crew. IThe phone was ringing off the hook. Then I heard a man, who had been waiting for a while say that all he wanted was a receipt and to get out of there because we, as customers, sure played second fiddle to the workers' needs, apparently. When we came back from the day out after they'd cleaned our room, we noticed that they didn't leave us any clean towels or soap. We went down and asked for some, and the lady provided some to us, but never apologized for not properly cleaning the room. That night, there was a group of people standing outside our room from 3-4am arguing and screaming. I called the front desk, and she said she was calling the police. I know you don't have any control over your clientele, but I'm just painting a picture of our stay. The next morning at breakfast, it was the same thing: the manger taking care of her workers while the bread, milk, and utensils ran out and the phone rung non-stop. Many of your customers were talking about never staying at another LQ again after their experience at this location. We've staying at La Quintas for years. Below, I will provide you with our LQ Returns number so you can verify the stay and everything I'm saying. We know that when we stay with La Quinta, the rooms will be clean, the staff will be friendly, and our needs will be taken care of. Whenever we travel, we look for a La Quinta in the area, and if there is one, we stay there. We trust LQ. We never have to worry, and that is why this experience was SO disappointing. There was no customer service, the rooms were not cleaned properly, and nobody's needs were being met, from getting a room to getting a spoon to eat with at breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

1 Thank Andrew P
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed July 9, 2014

The staff was friendly and attentive, but they seemed overwhelmed with work. We even saw the desk clerk/supervisor pitch in to clean some rooms. Granted, it was a holiday weekend but the room was not adequately prepared for our arrival (which was early evening, not during the day), especially for the expectations that I had for the suite. For example, there was no bathroom tissue at all when we arrived, it took some time to get some, and rather than sending it up, I had to go down to the desk to pick it up. The access cards had to be re-keyed and never did all of the cards work at all times. The furniture and carpet were clean, but ugly and out-of-date -- looking used and tired. The door security latch was broken which caused some concern regarding security. (I did report this.) The faucet in the bathtub leaked constantly. (I did not report.) I thought that LQ has premium channels but there were few TV channels available (38, I think) and no access to feature movies either on free channels or for rental. (I did ask about this at the desk.) There was an altercation between two men in the parking lot at 7:30 a.m. There was a vaguely malodorous smell in the front of the hotel -- hard to tell if it came from nearby chemical plants or a sewage break from the Denny's restaurant next door. To tell the truth, the hotel was tolerable only because we were in the suite. If we had been in any other room, I would have checked out the first night. While the suite was tolerable, it simply was not up to par with what I would expect of suite accomodations, especially considering the price that I paid. I used to stay at this hotel regularly before renovations. I avoided it during the renovations, but wanted to try it again now that the re-do seemed to be done. However, even after the renovations, the hotel has degenerated into an overnight stop for truckers, not a relaxing venue for families. The price that I paid for the suite accommodations did not provide the expected value; there were too many problems with the room and hotel conditions. I will not return to this hotel when visiting Corpus Christi.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family