“Great Experience”

La Quinta Inn Corpus Christi North
Ranked #63 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
carroolton
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was expecting to stay in a nice la quinta hotel like i have done before, but this one is old and run down with anitque furnishings. Dont stay here no matter what the price is! Dont fall for thier cheap prices they offer to attract customers. The bathrooms are old and not well kept up.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 5, 2013

So I booked this hotel, checked in about 5:30pm. My room was ready but the A/C was having some sort of problem. Not to worry, Rosa at the front desk moved me to another room immediately even though someone was there checking the A.C by the time I got back to the room. Bonnie and Destiny were Great as well. Destiny was my Housekeeper and I know that because she left a note letting me know. Very sweet I thought. Asked her for extra towel and everything was in it's place. She even straightened out my daughters junk. All the staff was very nice the whole time I was there. Obivously there can be some work but it's not brand new. I don't understand what people expect and why they get so angry "Worst Hotel ever" and "Lipstick on a Pig" Do your research before you book is what I always say. Anyway, Destiny, Bonnie, and Rosa were all very nice and even found my make up bag and had it when I went back, hours after check out. These people obviously know what they are doing and do it well. Thank you very much for acting quickly because that is real Customer Service. I know, I do it for a living! I will book here in the future since it's minutes aways from Shoreline Beach with out the shoreline price!!!! My girls had a wonderful time even the teenager!!! Good Job La Quinta Ladies!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I haven't been in this room a good 2 hours and Im so upset I just feel like screaming. The pics on the website for this location are bull**** and not worth the $148 that I'm being charged for one night. I feel like waiting in my car until morning because I don't even want to be in the room. I was pissed when I saw the building from the highway. This is a motel (not a hotel) with updated rooms. The rooms are outside and so is the washer/dryer. There was hair on the bathroom floor. I can’t describe this smell. There's a nasty ring in tub. I don't know if this is blood or what on the door frame and wall. The mirror and paint is peeling. No fridge/microwave. It's just disgusting. The only reason I came to this here is because all of Corpus (surrounding areas) is booked due to the event this weekend. Word of advice: DO NOT COME HERE! I’m usually hesitant about bad reviews because I know some people are just picky and aren't satisfied with anything. But please take this warning. If you absolutely have to stay here don't pay more than $20.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

houstonburbs
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Traveling through to visit family, led us to a quick stop over in Corpus. This hotel is an easy off....easy on, but there are other choices very close that could have been better, I am sure. This seems to be an older site, that definitely needs some updating. No ice bucket....we were told that the ice buckets are taken by guests, and they were on order...was given one from another room...hmmmm. Did not feel safe after that. Stained walls and carpet..... Found two electric outlets available for us to use. Disappointing visit!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Keep driving to a better chain and location.

Reservations were made for us at this hotel (motel) by others in a group visiting Corpus and we assumed it would at least be a La Quinta with inside rooms (no exterior doors) and in a good location but it was neither. I was worried because most La Quinta hotels are OLD as dirt and this was no exception.

First, doors and windows open up to exterior walkways/parking lot which is extremely unsafe. Anyone has direct access to your door and can see in your room through the windows. Not recommended for families. When we arrived there were several workers staying at the motel enjoying their 12 packs at a picnic table below our room. Later several more brought their desk chairs out to drink and hang out on the 2nd floor walkway. Would not have stayed here without my firearm.
Second, location is an industrial area across from the oil refineries right next to a gas station and Denny's, which is about the only restaurant in the vicinity. Stay somewhere off 358 where there are plenty of stores and good restaurants.
Third, rooms have double doors connecting rooms which is not good if you do not wish to share rooms and have others try to open yours in the middle of the night. Ours had a king and a fold out couch (with a fitted sheet and no other linens) instead of a double bed for two adults and two kids.
Fourth, you hear much of the noises from outside and other rooms.
Fifth, shower head was way too short because it's an OLD motel.
Worst of all, I tested the smoke detectors and neither worked. Turns out that one electrical connection was disconnected at the wall (with no battery backup) and the other had the battery in backwards. Obvious attempts to smoke by previous occupants but why can't the staff ensure they are working during turn around of rooms? My next mention of this will be to the Corpus Christi fire inspectors.

Only positive and the one reason we didn't bolt is that the room did "seem" clean because it had relatively new paint, carpet, mattresses, and linens.
Breakfast wasn't bad but wasn't great. Two waffle makers, bananas, cereal, yogurt. Breakfast area/lobby was WAY too small.

Overall the hotel options were extremely limited in Corpus the week we were there. Either decent prices for bad motels ($125) or ridiculous prices for the better, nicer, safer hotels ($225) because most were fully booked.

Bottom line: Not safe, stay in another location in Corpus (off 358) and a better chain.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This is one of the older La Quinta properties with doors that open to the exterior. It was a little on the pricey side, but in line with other similar properties in the area. The rooms have been renovated and are relatively nice. We were able to check in quickly and easily with the friendly front-desk staff and just stayed one night. In the morning, we skipped what looked like a pretty skimpy breakfast in the lobby (even by La Quinta standards) and walked to Denny's next door. Checkout was quick. The only issues that we had were a coffeemaker that was missing a part, and a VERY low shower head -- I'm 5'5" and had to bend my knees to get under it. We told the manager about the coffee maker on the way out, so that should be fixed! Can't do anything about the shower though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business