“Not so great”

Ranked #59 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
London, United Kingdom
“Not so great”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Judging by the other reviews I think I got unlucky here! The first room I was given had a musty smell and some sort of issue with the sink. There was a dirty rusty substance in it that I assumed was from the last guest and hadn't been cleaned. As I was very tired & couldn't be bothered dealing with 'people' I cleaned the sink myself & went out to get something to eat. When I came back the whole bathroom area was flooded! I think the tap was maybe dripping a little and the sink was blocked so it had overflowed. I cleaned the mess up as best I could and when the sink had eventually drained it was full of the rusty substance again. I asked to be moved (I was worried I'd be charged or something) and they were nice about it and gave me a new room. The new room was fine until the morning when I saw roaches in the bathroom.

Everyone was friendly and apart from the roach issue the second room seemed clean and the breakfast was good but I can't say I'll be staying here again in a hurry!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dallas
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was very satisfied with the two room suite, better than expected. The tub drained a little slow and a slight drip in the tub but not heard in the bed room. Breakfest was a s expected. Staff effiecent and friendly. I slept great after a motorcyicle ride from Houston in off and on rain and after touring the USS Lexington.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Hotel was not in a bad location but there were a few problems I had. First was room service. When they cleaned our room the only thing they did was make the bed. They didn't dump the trash or anything else. Second problem was the wifi in our room did not work at all. I would have to walk outside and around the back of my building to pick up wifi. The last problem was one I noticed when I was leaving and getting all of my things together and that was roaches. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This was my first time to Corpus Christi and we had a good experience. There was a minor problem with how quickly the tub drained after 2 of 4 people took a shower, but maintenance fixed the problem as soon as we reported it. The beds felt a little small, but for what we paid for an entire weekend during Labor day (about $340), we were very pleased. The staff was extremely friendly. If you are looking for somewhere close to the beach, it's not bad if you have a car. Overall, we were very pleased and would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Pearland, Texas, USA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

When we arrived to the location, we were so disappointed because of the oldness and tear down of the hotel like one of the review judged. We did not even bother to check in and tried to call around to see if one have room available. Since nowhere else have room available for last minute around 6pm on Labor day weekend, we decided to give a try at this place. We got quick service at check in and the customer service first give us a double bed room with micro/fridge as we request, the room look clean but it is for smoker. Then we changed to a spacious room with two queen beds and a sofa/fridge/microwave included. Everything look clean to me, specially the bed that we sleep in, the white sheet/pillowcase/blanket is new and not reuse like some place which we used to stayed at. In general, for the "Inn level", this place is very good. The reason that I don't rate them 5 because off the breakfast time, you have to wait in line for the table. Also, the pool don't look clean so our kids could not swim as we planned.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

1 Thank Tam L
Cleburne, TX
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We noticed the area around the hotel is industrial and didnt look very nice. Upon driving around the hotel we decided not to say here as it looked run down and not very clean. We droveto the aquarium/Lexington area to find a better hotel

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family