Best Western Corpus Christi
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
V Boutique Hotel(Corpus Christi)
  • Pool
Omni Corpus Christi Hotel(Corpus Christi)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Budget Inn(Corpus Christi)
View Hotel
Emerald Beach Hotel(Corpus Christi)
View Hotel
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites(Corpus Christi)
Regency Inn(Corpus Christi)
View Hotel
All reviewsbest western marina grand hoteltop floorcovered parkinggreat view of the marinabreakfast roomshoreline drivewaffleswater streetthe texas state aquariumfree breakfasthot breakfastthe room was nicestaff was very friendlyloungebaybwbalcony
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night during memorial day weekend. We stood in line for 30 minutes to check in. We were given a room on the north side that was clean but definitely basic. The bed was reasonably comfortable but sleeping in it was a challenge. The air conditioner was very loud and people outside on the deck and pool were loud until late into the night. If you're staying here, suggest you request a room on the south side which doesn't face the pool or deck. Otherwise the room serves its purpose.

The free breakfast was standard free fare: waffles, cereal, yogurt, and baked goods. There were a few hot items.

The location had some appeal, as the surf museum and restaurants behind the restaurants are easily walkable. There was plenty of parking at the hotel. We also walked to the beach and back. The beach was well littered with gross trash, so be prepared to walk/swim around some Cheetos bags and caps to pregnancy tests.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Bethinsanantonio
EvelynH83, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 361-883-5111.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Our family decided to make Memorial Day weekend a beach vacation and we couldn’t have picked a more perfect place to stay! As a Hilton Honors member, we had our reservations about selecting a Best Western, but we wanted to take our two dogs and the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel was one of the few hotels along the beach that would accommodate. The hotel is close to the main swimming beaches and minutes away from the U.S.S. Lexington and the Texas State Aquarium. The service and staff were excellent and always happy to assist us from check in to cleaning service. Multiple trips to the beach and pool required several towel replacements and the staff was always happy to help out. Speaking of the pool, it was located on a terrace on the second floor and had an awesome view of the marina! Breakfast is served on the 11th floor and possesses amazing views of either the city skyline or the ocean. Also, the staff there continued the trend of excellent service, even striking up a bit of conversation as I waited for the timer on my “Texas” style waffles. The 11th floor is also home to a bar where we were offered 2 complimentary drinks a night, but we couldn’t take advantage of it because it was more of a family oriented vacation. I would love to go back sometime on a couples retreat with my wife. All families travelling with their pets were put on the second floor, which I thought was a great idea because we didn’t have to wait on the elevators in order to walk our dogs. The only con I can think of was slow internet, but it didn’t effect us much because we were outside most of the day. Seriously, I am a Best Western skeptic, but the Marina Grand was an awesome treat for the family!! All in all a great experience and I will be going back in the future!

Room Tip: The second floor was the pet friendly floor, but elevators were a hassle during peak check in and check out times.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Damien R
EvelynH83, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Damien,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Before booking I read good and bad reviews. Now that I have had the opportunity to meet the people i read about in each review. Everyone has an opinion, but it makes me wonder how hard it is to please these people on a daily basis. If having the door opened for you with a smile doesn't appeal. Walking into a room nicely furnished, cooled to the point of icesickles forming on my nips.
The maids, maintenance staff and 11 th floor waitstaff provided that served a breakfast menu fit for a queen. Wake-up and enjoy the coffee without that chip on your shoulder. This hotel is a great stay, with and without your kids. The Grand-View provides the perfect atmosphere. Marina Grand BW is a must stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mary d

Dear Mary,

Reviewed May 20, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a quick 3-day getaway vacation a few weeks ago. Our experience was far from good. We were unaware of the pet fee upon arrival and told that we needed to hold a credit card on file during check-in. This was no problem. The next day, I received a call from the shift manager demanding that I come to the lobby to pay the balance in full at that time (even though we were there for another night). When I explained that we were planning on paying the pet balance in cash when we check out, she became very demanding and had an attitude. My husband went to the lobby to take care of everything and was treated unfairly. Although the location of this hotel is in a great area, I will NEVER stay there again because of the front lobby staff! This treatment was unacceptable. Lastly, the hotel is very old... Smelled of mildew. There are many other hotels in the area that I will look into next time.

• Stayed: April 2013
5  Thank Shakkamj
Dweiss61, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Shakkamj;

I sincerely apologize for the treatment you received during your stay with us. With you credit card on file, this should not have taken place. I will do my best to find out which one of my staff members addressed this situation and speak to that person about dealing with this type of situation.

With some changes that we've been making in our staff that person may not have taken the correct steps in this particular case, however without your feedback I wouldn't know about it and be able to address this to my staff for improvement. Thank you for taking the effort in giving us your feedback and being able to improve for the future. I do hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Again, my sincerest apologies.

Douglas E. Weiss,
Front Office Manager,
Best Western Marina Grand Hotel

Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel was beyond my expectations, not your typical best western. Has an incredible lounge bar that overlooks the bay; only thing i didn't like was the bar closes at 11:00 pm. Still a great place to rest your head if in the downtown area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Ryan C
Dweiss61, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Ryan C:
Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate your comments. The views are very good from the 11th floor. The Grandview Lounge is leased and has its established practices for operations.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to let others know about our hotel and it's location and views.

Douglas E. Weiss