“Terrible stay” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Houston, Texas, Usa
“Terrible stay”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

Even though I am a Diamond Best Western Rewards member, the hotel staff was very unhelpful addressing the broken air conditioning in my room. After multiple calls to the concierge, there was still no resolution. I asked to be moved to another room, and received a snarky attitude when told that was not possible. I weathered the night and now consider never staying with Best Western again after my poor treatment and terrible stay at this location.

6 Thank JD_Houston_Geo
Dweiss61, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Mr. JD_Houston_Geo:
I sincerely apologize for your experience at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel. That is not representative of how I would want my stay or nay of my Guests' stays to be like.

I will try to find out exactly who you spoke to and clarify what should have been accomplished for you during your stay, with regards especially to the A/C not working properly.

We are going through a small change currently with regard to personnel and I'm working with my people to try and get things running in a positive direction. I appreciate you taking the time to let me know of your concerns and problems, so I know how to approach our new staff.

Hopefully, you will give us another chance when visiting the Corpus Christi area again.

Doug@marinagrandhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Seguin, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

For $160.00 per night you would expect to be able to sleep! We stayed 2 nights, the hotel is located in an area that has a bunch of nightclubs right behind it! Until 3-4am you hear a mix of tejano, rock and country music coming from the clubs. The windows in the rooms do NOT block the noise of the clubs, people, or the traffic on the street 10 floors below!!! The windows, since i mentioned them ...are filthy! Inside and out. The sliding door to the balcony takes a very strong arm to wrestle the window open and a stronger arm to close it without pulling it off the tracks!! The paint was peeling on the interior doors, the gap below the room door was about 2" letting in light and sound, the ac did not cool well and it NEVER shut off! The people in the room next to us partied until 5am both morning and every word they said and every music track they listed to we heard!! This is not a hotel to have a peaceful night's sleep!!! Our room was an adjoining room (not requested) and another 2" gap under the door that seperated us again allowing in light and the bedlum from the guests in that other room!
Breakfast - served in a room on the 11th floor left a lot to be desired. While the coffee was drinkable the eggs and sausage were not edible! Powdered eggs are gross and they were also very watery. The sausage did not taste like sausage!
The front office staff were ok - friendly enough, but as I stood there waiting to purchase 2 bottles of water in the lobby, the lady at the front desk asked another co worker of hers "what does she want?" WHAT!!!!!!! I am the customer - ASK ME what I want, not your co-worker!!! The co worker told her "the lady would like to make a purchase" and then she said "Oh good, $4 please"!! Geeze! We only stayed here because all the other hotels were full! I would not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: I would presume if you can get a room at the front of the hotel it may be quieter!
2 Thank D L
Dear Mr. JD_Houston_Geo:

West Milford, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel several nights in April 2013. It is in a good location and the hotel is clean. Included Breakfast was very nice. When we checked in we were informed that the next day there would be no water at all from 10 am to 3pm due to repairs. We said okay because we had to choice to stay because the room was booked with no refunds. I think we should have been notified of this when we booked the room or given some compensation for the inconvenience.
We noticed that the water temperature in the shower and faucet was very cool and would not get any warmer, but we were tired from travel and did not complain. The next day the water was off and in the evening again when we took showers in the morning the water again was not warm, in the evening at 11pm for showers the water was very cold. We complained to the manager who told us it takes time for the water to warm up after being shut off and OTHER guests had told him it was NOT unbearable. So we should not be complaining.
The next morning the maid brought fresh towels when servicing the room and when we tried to use them for showers, the towels were all wet inside. These were fresh towels - not reused towels. Again I went to the front desk and the woman there had no reaction. The manager came out and I told him about the wet towels and again about the cold water . The reaction I received was his annoyance of me for complaining and if I insisted he would have more towels sent up.
Almost more than the no hot water and wet towels, the manager's reaction and attitude is what I find most troublesome. The hotel never offered any compensation, adjustment, or anything to improve the situation.
Corpus Christi was nice, Padre Island was beautiful and we drove on the beach and took the car ferry, however I would look for a different hotel.

4 Thank mich0222
Dear mich0222:
I do apologize for the inconveniences you talked about in your review of our hotel. I wish I had more to go on than just your TripAdvisor handle.

We did have a few issues during your stay, I believe, with our water and plumbing upgrades. Unfortunately, the description of your reservation booking leads me to believe that you made your reservation through Expedia or another Third Party company. If it was indeed made that way, we don't have any way of making any adjustments to your room rate.

I also apologize for the wet towels being delivered to your room. That has been addressed to Housekeeping and the situation resolved for the future.

Many of the encounter you had while staying with us are a part of improving the hotel for future stays of our guests. Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope that you might consider staying with us again the next time you visit Corpus Christi,

Garland, Texas, Usa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was renovated in 2012, according to their website. The carpet and paint looked good, but the room was beginning to show signs of the wear and tear that a hotel typically receives. My biggest complaints are:

Although 4 bath and hand towels were left in the bathroom everyday, I had to request each day that 4 face cloths be left instead of 2. I was never done without asking first, even though I told them there were 4 people in the room.

Second, I have never seen a hotel in this category that did not have ice and vending machines on every floor. Ice machines on every other floor, but vending machine on only one floor.

1 Thank Dale W
Dear Dale W.:
If you receive this twice please forgive me. I'm very new at responding on TripAdvisor.

I want to first thank you for taking the time and sending us your feedback on your experience at our hotel. It really is much appreciated and helps us to improve our service as much as humanly possible for your next stay.

I was sorry to hear about always asking for face cloths during your stay. I will mention this to housekeeping and try to ensure that this doesn't occur again.

In terms of the Ice and Vending Machines, Best Western is revamping our Brand Name and going for Brand Identity which would begin differentiating between hotels what amenities you could expect and those you may not see. Our hotel is set for having only one Vending Machine and an Ice Machine on the even numbered floors.

I do apologize once again for your inconveniences and we will try and provide you with a better stay on your next visit to Corpus Christi,

Douglas E. Weiss,
Best Western Marina Grand Hotel,
Eagle Pass, Texas, Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Planned trip for the whole family ,bonding time,quality time or name it as you want.My kids were extremely excited & happy to be back once again in Corpus Christi,to play in the beach ,to be far away from home but most especially to experience again to be in a nice ,comforting hotel .My boys just love to stay in a good , well known hotel ,couldnt explain why.I feel great seeing their happy faces & excitement! The stay was so short but fulfilling! Would love to come back again ! The staff were great & friendly! The room was well presented !

1 Thank Susan U
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the 3rd time within 10 months I have took my children to this Hotel, love it more ever time. This time we took a ride on the Harbor Furry round trip which go's from the Bay to U.S.S Lexington and back. With jet rental and pedal boat rentals right across the street and the beach just a block or two more away. The Best Western Marina Grand Hotel is the place for an awesome stay.

1 Thank richard k