“water issues, no hot water, & wet towels”

Best Western Corpus Christi
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed April 20, 2013

We stayed at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel several nights in April 2013. It is in a good location and the hotel is clean. Included Breakfast was very nice. When we checked in we were informed that the next day there would be no water at all from 10 am to 3pm due to repairs. We said okay because we had to choice to stay because the room was booked with no refunds. I think we should have been notified of this when we booked the room or given some compensation for the inconvenience.
We noticed that the water temperature in the shower and faucet was very cool and would not get any warmer, but we were tired from travel and did not complain. The next day the water was off and in the evening again when we took showers in the morning the water again was not warm, in the evening at 11pm for showers the water was very cold. We complained to the manager who told us it takes time for the water to warm up after being shut off and OTHER guests had told him it was NOT unbearable. So we should not be complaining.
The next morning the maid brought fresh towels when servicing the room and when we tried to use them for showers, the towels were all wet inside. These were fresh towels - not reused towels. Again I went to the front desk and the woman there had no reaction. The manager came out and I told him about the wet towels and again about the cold water . The reaction I received was his annoyance of me for complaining and if I insisted he would have more towels sent up.
Almost more than the no hot water and wet towels, the manager's reaction and attitude is what I find most troublesome. The hotel never offered any compensation, adjustment, or anything to improve the situation.
Corpus Christi was nice, Padre Island was beautiful and we drove on the beach and took the car ferry, however I would look for a different hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mich0222
Dweiss61, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear mich0222:
I do apologize for the inconveniences you talked about in your review of our hotel. I wish I had more to go on than just your TripAdvisor handle.

We did have a few issues during your stay, I believe, with our water and plumbing upgrades. Unfortunately, the description of your reservation booking leads me to believe that you made your reservation through Expedia or another Third Party company. If it was indeed made that way, we don't have any way of making any adjustments to your room rate.

I also apologize for the wet towels being delivered to your room. That has been addressed to Housekeeping and the situation resolved for the future.

Many of the encounter you had while staying with us are a part of improving the hotel for future stays of our guests. Again, I do apologize for the inconveniences you encountered and hope that you might consider staying with us again the next time you visit Corpus Christi,

Douglas E. Weiss
Best Western Marina Grand Hotel
Doug@marinagrandhotel.com

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel was renovated in 2012, according to their website. The carpet and paint looked good, but the room was beginning to show signs of the wear and tear that a hotel typically receives. My biggest complaints are:

Although 4 bath and hand towels were left in the bathroom everyday, I had to request each day that 4 face cloths be left instead of 2. I was never done without asking first, even though I told them there were 4 people in the room.

Second, I have never seen a hotel in this category that did not have ice and vending machines on every floor. Ice machines on every other floor, but vending machine on only one floor.

1  Thank Dale W

Dear Dale W.:
If you receive this twice please forgive me. I'm very new at responding on TripAdvisor.

I want to first thank you for taking the time and sending us your feedback on your experience at our hotel. It really is much appreciated and helps us to improve our service as much as humanly possible for your next stay.

I was sorry to hear about always asking for face cloths during your stay. I will mention this to housekeeping and try to ensure that this doesn't occur again.

In terms of the Ice and Vending Machines, Best Western is revamping our Brand Name and going for Brand Identity which would begin differentiating between hotels what amenities you could expect and those you may not see. Our hotel is set for having only one Vending Machine and an Ice Machine on the even numbered floors.

I do apologize once again for your inconveniences and we will try and provide you with a better stay on your next visit to Corpus Christi,

Douglas E. Weiss,
Front Office Manager,
Best Western Marina Grand Hotel,
Doug@marinagrandhotel.com

Reviewed March 26, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane S
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Planned trip for the whole family ,bonding time,quality time or name it as you want.My kids were extremely excited & happy to be back once again in Corpus Christi,to play in the beach ,to be far away from home but most especially to experience again to be in a nice ,comforting hotel .My boys just love to stay in a good , well known hotel ,couldnt explain why.I feel great seeing their happy faces & excitement! The stay was so short but fulfilling! Would love to come back again ! The staff were great & friendly! The room was well presented !

1  Thank Susan U
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the 3rd time within 10 months I have took my children to this Hotel, love it more ever time. This time we took a ride on the Harbor Furry round trip which go's from the Bay to U.S.S Lexington and back. With jet rental and pedal boat rentals right across the street and the beach just a block or two more away. The Best Western Marina Grand Hotel is the place for an awesome stay.

1  Thank richard k
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions in the downtown area! The rooms were clean and comfortable, and included a mini refrigerator and a microwave. They served a hot breakfast on the top floor with a great view of the bay. They had a lounge area that served cocktails and appetizers in the evening as well. The hotel sat within a 2 minute walk from several restaurants, which meant we didn't have to drive after enjoying half priced shrimp, oysters, sushi and margaritas at Water Street Seafood Company. It was also a 5 minute drive to the public beach. The housekeeper even ran downstairs to return our iPad that we forgot under our bed before we checked out. 5- 10 minute drive to museums and the Texas State Aquarium. Our 3 year old loved exploring the room and riding the "elalater. "

3  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been here many times. Nice location, wonderful view of the bay. Very nice bar on the 11th floor, fantastic view. All in all very good for the price. Love the free drink that comes with the room. Breakfast was fair.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Henage M
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us next time you are in Corpus Christi.