“Injoying the Corpus Christi Bay Area”

BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Injoying the Corpus Christi Bay Area”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the 3rd time within 10 months I have took my children to this Hotel, love it more ever time. This time we took a ride on the Harbor Furry round trip which go's from the Bay to U.S.S Lexington and back. With jet rental and pedal boat rentals right across the street and the beach just a block or two more away. The Best Western Marina Grand Hotel is the place for an awesome stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank richard k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Perfect location to take advantage of all the attractions in the downtown area! The rooms were clean and comfortable, and included a mini refrigerator and a microwave. They served a hot breakfast on the top floor with a great view of the bay. They had a lounge area that served cocktails and appetizers in the evening as well. The hotel sat within a 2 minute walk from several restaurants, which meant we didn't have to drive after enjoying half priced shrimp, oysters, sushi and margaritas at Water Street Seafood Company. It was also a 5 minute drive to the public beach. The housekeeper even ran downstairs to return our iPad that we forgot under our bed before we checked out. 5- 10 minute drive to museums and the Texas State Aquarium. Our 3 year old loved exploring the room and riding the "elalater. "

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Rebecca W
San Antonio, Texas, Usa
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Been here many times. Nice location, wonderful view of the bay. Very nice bar on the 11th floor, fantastic view. All in all very good for the price. Love the free drink that comes with the room. Breakfast was fair.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Henage M
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will choose us next time you are in Corpus Christi.
Paris, France
Reviewed February 1, 2013

never stay here: $50 to check in before 3PM.

loyal business travelers need some help. you should do a favor and check me in early. the room was ready, what's the problem?

for proof, here are the details for BW, but dont bother contacting me to appologize, I would not come back to your lousy hotel for free - if this was a corporate hotel and not just owned privately, i'd cut the BW card in two pieces and give all my business to ICH & Hilton: reservation # 267639348 10/22/12

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank ontheroadevery
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
I do apologize that you are upset about our early check in fee. If we have a room available and it is relatively close to check in time we are more than willing to waive that fee. Just remember that our check out time for our guest in house is 12 pm so we would most likely not have any clean rooms at 8:00 am in the morning. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact hotel directly. 361-883-5111 Thank you.
Moulton, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in January. It is a older hotel but kept clean and updated, the rooms was comfortable, BUT I had a couple of issues. Issue 1, the plumbing, it was like a alarm going off anytime the toliet was flushed extremely loud. This was from other rooms. Also you could hear people in the halls.
Issue 2, On Tuesday night I was woken up around 10:30 pm to the sound of LOUD MUSIC, I called down to the front desk to ask where the music was coming from I was informed it was from the Bar across the street, I then asked how long it would last and she said they had a 2 am permit, the speakers were outside of the Bar and I believe she said on the Bars roof, needless to say I did not get much sleep that night. They had a nice breakfast.

IF I was going back on business which was the case this time I would not stay here it was just too noisy. If I was coming back on vacation and I wanted to enjoy the bars and did not worry about getting to much sleep I would consided this place.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Debra L
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

As previous reviews indicate, this is an old hotel but has been somewaht cosmetically upgraded, at least in the room we occupied. Very nice, plush mattresses and clean, comfy bedding. The shower head is awful though, some kind of twirling thing that barely gives a trickle of water. However, this might be a water conservation issue on the island. The bathroom in general needs updating. But it was very clean and that is the main thing for me. Really didn't notice the plumbing noise but I stay in hotels almost every week so I guess I ignore noise unless it is really outrageous. And the front desk staff is exceptionally friendly, especially the staff in the free breakfast area on the 11th floor, which offers one of the best water/harbor views in Corpus. The lounge is a trip, white plastic 70's style furniture (but looks new) and again, a spectacular view. As a business traveller, I can stay in many newer different hotels but always choose this one since I visit the nearby hospitals. Plus I can walk to my favorite Corpus restaurant, Waterstreet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated recently.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through Orbitz and it was a huge mistake. Although, rated with 3 stars, it has by far, the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Before arriving I called on the phone to confirm switching room from King to two Queen beds. The woman confirmed and made the switch free of charge. However, upon arriving we were greeted with an attitude from a different woman at the counter. I showed her my orbitz confirmation and she did not believe that we booked through orbitz. She initially denied us of the 2queen beds and said there would be a charge but then checked her computer and realized there were no king beds yet she still wanted to charge us for the switch, even though the hotel did not have that to offer. She was short and talked down to me, not to mention, poor English. The manager was beside her and she couldn't handle the situation so passed along to him. We ended up on the phone for an hour with orbitz to resolve the rate discrepancy at which it was originally booked. In the end the hotel realized their error and allowed us to cancel without charge. It was by the WORST customer experience, do NOT stay at this hotel. I've never been treated so poorly as a customer and felt so unwelcome.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MaryClaireTraveler
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Corpus Christi, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Hello i have been trying to research your reservation to find out exactly what happened. I don't seem to see any reservations under your name. I also used the name on Orbitz website to try to research this indecent with no luck. If you would like to contact me directly at hotel i would be more than happy to get to the bottom of this. Thank you 361-883-5111