“Great location for the money”

Best Western Corpus Christi
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed January 29, 2013

As previous reviews indicate, this is an old hotel but has been somewaht cosmetically upgraded, at least in the room we occupied. Very nice, plush mattresses and clean, comfy bedding. The shower head is awful though, some kind of twirling thing that barely gives a trickle of water. However, this might be a water conservation issue on the island. The bathroom in general needs updating. But it was very clean and that is the main thing for me. Really didn't notice the plumbing noise but I stay in hotels almost every week so I guess I ignore noise unless it is really outrageous. And the front desk staff is exceptionally friendly, especially the staff in the free breakfast area on the 11th floor, which offers one of the best water/harbor views in Corpus. The lounge is a trip, white plastic 70's style furniture (but looks new) and again, a spectacular view. As a business traveller, I can stay in many newer different hotels but always choose this one since I visit the nearby hospitals. Plus I can walk to my favorite Corpus restaurant, Waterstreet.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been updated recently.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Best Western Corpus Christi

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked this hotel through Orbitz and it was a huge mistake. Although, rated with 3 stars, it has by far, the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Before arriving I called on the phone to confirm switching room from King to two Queen beds. The woman confirmed and made the switch free of charge. However, upon arriving we were greeted with an attitude from a different woman at the counter. I showed her my orbitz confirmation and she did not believe that we booked through orbitz. She initially denied us of the 2queen beds and said there would be a charge but then checked her computer and realized there were no king beds yet she still wanted to charge us for the switch, even though the hotel did not have that to offer. She was short and talked down to me, not to mention, poor English. The manager was beside her and she couldn't handle the situation so passed along to him. We ended up on the phone for an hour with orbitz to resolve the rate discrepancy at which it was originally booked. In the end the hotel realized their error and allowed us to cancel without charge. It was by the WORST customer experience, do NOT stay at this hotel. I've never been treated so poorly as a customer and felt so unwelcome.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MaryClaireTraveler
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Hello i have been trying to research your reservation to find out exactly what happened. I don't seem to see any reservations under your name. I also used the name on Orbitz website to try to research this indecent with no luck. If you would like to contact me directly at hotel i would be more than happy to get to the bottom of this. Thank you 361-883-5111

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I booked the room through a groupon at a discounted rate on their off season; staff was warm, friendly, helpful, attentive and fun-loving. the room was spacious and clean with a view of the seawall and the ocean. we truly enjoyed our stay

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for three nights on a Groupon deal just after Christmas 2012. We did not have any problems with party noise as other reviewers have mentioned. The biggest problem was the plumbing! It is so loud due to its age. My husband and I got to the point that we had to agree not to flush the toilet in the middle of the night, simply for the fact that it would startle the other person awake. Other than that, breakfast buffet was decent. Maid service was good, etc. All that could be expected from a typical Best Western Hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. We have and will continue to upgrade our hotel, so that every guest can have a positive stay with us. Again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Got a great price on Hotwire but I probably won't stay here again. Average room, old small tv, very friendly helpful desk clerk at check in, good breakfast with plenty of space, covered parking. That's the good stuff. This place is noisy! The plumbing in my room and adjacent rooms was loud. Traffic noise from Shoreline Dr was obtrusive. Might stay here again for the price, but probably not.

• Stayed: January 2013

I would like to apologize about the noise you experienced while staying with us. We are an older hotel but we are constantly making efforts to improve our hotel and will continue to do so. We are in the process of updating all televisions and that process will be complete soon. Again i do apologize and hope you will consider us again in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

we had a small pet and we were provided with a noisy, smelly room on the second floor. The carpet smelled so bad that even my dog would not sit on it. The bed was hard and the utility room next door was noisy. Beware if you are traveling with pets, you won't get a room with a view and you have to pay a pet fee on top of the room price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Shemshak
Andrew A, Front Office Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

I do apologize that you were unhappy with your room. Most hotel nowadays are not pet friendly, we understand many guest travel with their pets so we do our best to accommodate them. That being said many guest do not take well to dogs barking or so on, that is the reason we place our pets on a certain floor. As far as the pet free almost every pet friendly hotel will charge a pet fee. Again i do apologize and if your have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact hotel directly.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were able to bring our crated dog to stay with us in a room on the 2nd floor. The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the mattress was thick and plush. Rooms had balconies, some with an ocean view.

Room Tip: Several restaurants were within walking distance. Nice view of Gulf from 11th floor where a full se...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay and that we could accommodate your pet as well. We do our best to make sure all our guest have a positive experience here at the Best Western Marina Grand Hotel. Thank you for feedback and we hope you will choose us in the future.