“Met AND Exceeded ALL expectations”

Best Western Corpus Christi
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Austin, Texas, United States
“Met AND Exceeded ALL expectations”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

After watching a month of Hotel Impossible, we were petrified to stay near the beach. Upon arriving @ our hotel we were allowed to check in early, the lobby was beautiful, the staff was extremely friendly, helpful ( and patient...with the little ones). Once inside of our room my husband and I were expecting the musty, oceany smell and were over joyed at how clean and crips and fresh everything was. Once we drew back the blinds which gave way to our view of the marina in downtown Corpus Christie.. we were sold! This will be the only place we ever rent a room when we stay in CC. Pool was lovely, lots of great places to eat near by ( I DON"T suggest the Whataburger next door), and comp. breakfast was just right to get us started each day for our fun in the sun. Thank you BW!

Room Tip: Read reviews! Know what to look for in a quality place to stay that's not going to break the ban...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Valarie B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Lott, Texas
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This is our 3rd time to stay here. We have always been treated well. The value and the service is top notch. The rooms are clean and the view is good for this location. And you cant get a better breakfast for free . We will be back.

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank hunttx
Ormond-by-the-Sea
Reviewed June 2, 2012

There are three of us when we travel, me, my husband and our Pembroke Welsh Corgi. The only time he is left behind is when we have to fly to our destination. Finding a hotel that not only accommodates pets but is well maintained is a challenge. We have stopped at places that welcome dogs and have the smells to prove it. The Best Western on the marina in Corpus Christi is not one of those.

The hotel had one floor dedicated to people that travel with pets.

The rooms are a bit dated but are kept clean which makes up for it. We were given one room where there was an accident spot on the floor and were immediately given another room when we mentioned it. I saw the door open to the first room later in the day and the rug had been shampooed.

The staff is incredible. Our first night the man in the next room did not have a dog and complained when, after banging on our door (the dog gave two small yelps after we left and I waited by the elevator to confirm he calmed down) and got the dog barking and then complained to the front desk. This was our first night in town and had just settled down for dinner when my phone rang. It was the front desk. Did they expect me to come back to calm him down? No they did not. They just wanted me to know he was at the front desk with them. In other words, they took charge of the situation and were considerate enough to let me know where he was. When we returned after our dinner there he sat very happy behind the desk, and not barking. We also heard no more from the man next door :).

We like to stay in hotels that have a generous breakfast buffet and this hotel fits the bill perfectly with wonderful food and a fantastic kitchen staff. They renovated the top floor which allows diners to start their day with breakfast and a panoramic view of the marina.

There are some good restaurants within walking distance, local shops, an art gallery and of course the marina. No problem bringing a car because there is ample parking available.

My only problem with this hotel is actually with the other guests with pets. Far too many do not pick up after their dogs which is disgusting. The staff even thanked me when they saw me picking up after mine. Come on people, if they allow your pets show appreciation by being responsible owners.

Rooms have microwaves and refrigerators which we appreciate for leftovers or for snacks and drinks. The rest of the hotels in the area seemed to be high rise and very expensive or the other extreme. This was perfect for families and people just wanting a safe, clean, friendly, and affordable place to stay.

Room Tip: Second floor is the pet floor. Also has an outside smokers area. This is also the floor that leads t...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank JacqueE53
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
This is a wonderful review! I never heard about this situation and am very pleased with my staff. Thank you so much for bringing it to my attention!
Cumming, Georgia
Reviewed May 18, 2012

This hotel is located on the Gulf near the marina. The lobby was under renovation when we stayed. The staff was very helpful. This is an older hotel, that has undergone other renovations. The general conditions were clean and pleasant. The location was near a bus stop. The local bus system works well. That added a lot to our visit. It was a pleasant place to stay. I would stay there
again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank vjmsuma
Trisha S, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for the nice review! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed May 18, 2012

The best part of the hotel is the location. Facing the Marina of Corpus Christi, Good to run along the sea. Hotel does not have restaurant, but many good choices around. I ate at Oyster bar, was good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Sunil S
We appreciate your comments!
Harlingen, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2012

Great view of marina, clean rooms, comfortable beds, equiped with safe, microwave and compact frig, quick access to beach and numerous restraunts. The breakfast was great and the staff courteous and the dining area had a great view overlooking the marina. The only negative thing I have to say was that the parking is very limited. I was dissapointed not being able to use the beautiful pool as it was closed due to a recent storm. Overall I really enjoyed my stay and would recommend it to others. I am looking forward to my next stay.

Room Tip: Side overlooking the marina has a beautiful evening and morning view
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mother nature was not kind to us the Thursday before a sold out weekend, but we're happy you enjoyed everything else with your stay! If you would like to come back to relax by the pool, feel free to contact me directly and I'll be glad to give you a good rate.
MA
Reviewed May 15, 2012

For a short stay in Corpus Christi this is a nice hotel. Centrally located with views from every room, it's a nice place for an overnight. The staff, especially Kelly, are very responsive and helpful; they provided all the information we needed for our first trip to CC.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank BostonIrishRose
I've shared your comments with Kelly and she was very appreciative. Glad to hear you had a pleasant stay with us!