“Very Comfortable”

Best Western Corpus Christi
Ranked #6 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed August 11, 2011

My family and I stayed in Corpus for 3 nights on one of our trips this summer. We stayed here 2 of those nights and loved it. The beds were so comfortable. The free breakfast was more than your usual cereal and coffee. They had tortillas, eggs, beans, waffle makers, bagels and a few other yummy items (saved us about $30 every morning). The staff was very nice. Oh yeah, Texas State employees, don't forget to ask for your discount; that saved us about $90 per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the top floors, the view of the beach is very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed August 4, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Very nice and helpful staff and the bed was so comfortable. We could see the T-heads from our room. All rooms have a balcony. It was priced right for the location. Clubs close by too. We plan on going back to Corpus and I will stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel was WAY overpriced! The rooms were not cozy at all. Customer service was terrible! I will not stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank iheartbball
Jim C, Manager at Best Western Corpus Christi, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2011

If you had an issue with the room or staff you should have notified someone so we can correct the situation. I take issues with our staff very seriously. Thank you

Reviewed July 6, 2011

While I have no complaints about location of hotel, rooms, beds, breakfast, etc., I do have two MAJOR complaints. Firstly, they are understaffed, have a crummy computer setup, and it takes forever to check in or to check out. The real beef, however, is that they screwed up the date of our reservation, then billed us for an extra night for "no show" for a date we weren't even in town. Since then, we have called four times to try to resolve this. No one is ever available who can resolve the issue, and no one calls back despite repeated messages both voicemail and left with a live person. Be sure to make reservation by email (keep a printed copy) and not by phone.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cdelama

Yes, you did have a billing issue as a no show. However you were refunded the full amount of $196.00.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

We arrived on our first day, and the room smelled moldy. The pictures on the internet are deceiving. It looks new and updated, but when we got there it looked old and rather dated. The breakfast was ok. It had alot of choices but the only item that was edible was the the waffles( Which were, I have to admit, pretty good). The walls were very thin and had a bunch of roudy kids next door which made it hard to sleep. THE NEXT PART OF THE REVIEW IS WHY I WILL NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN. Warning:The area around the hotel is a very rough part of town. I certainly did not realize this when I booked the hotel, and the parking for the hotel was ungarded. As a result, a couple days in the trip our car was broken into. We luckily did not have anything too valuable in the car. The only thing that was taken was a cheap car battery charge( worth around $50). However, we had to take a day out of our vacation to spend trying to switch rental cars and filling out police reports. Let me tell you, the last thing you want to do when you are on vacation is waste a whole day of vacation. I talked to the manager and staff about my car getting broke into and the impression I got from them was cars got broken into frequently at this hotel. I asked the managment to refund me the few days I had left of my trip so I could go stay at another hotel. One that was safe. The "SHE" Manger refused, but said she would save a spot so I could park my new car right next to the hotel so it would be "safe". When I got back after dinner the spot that I was told I could park my car in was taken. I went in and talked to the staff about finding another safe place to park and ask what happened to the spot that was supposed to be saved for me. The staff very rudely said she did not have time fo me, and that I would have to park my car back into the ungarded parking lot. After that I told her I wanted to speak to the manager and I was told that was not an option. After a 30 minute debate, she called the "SHE" manager. The manager was very rude and told me that it was my responsibility to have saved that spot. How was I supposed to have saved the spot, and she told me whe was going to save it for us. Was I supposed to stay in the slummy hotel the entire trip and starve? It also turned out that the rude staff I had originally talked to was the one who took the parking spot because she did not want her car broken in. After all that, I ended up parking back in the same spot that my car got broken in. On the day I left, I was going to my car and I saw someone elses windshield broken out. All in all, If I am going to stay in the rough downtown part of Corpus Christi I will shell out the bucks for the Omni. They have a garded parking garage and a superior staff. Believe it or not it was only $20 difference a night at the time. Let me tell you, it would be well worth it to not have your vacation ruined. On a side note: I have stayed in many Best Westerns and have enjoyed it. Honestly, before this trip, I hardly stayed in anything other that a Best Western. This is one was just a dud.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
6  Thank MightyMite031

I find it very odd that you stayed with us back in September 2010 and are now posting a review. There is no area free of crime. You can't go to Walmart, have your vehichle broke into and then expect them to refund you for the merchandise you just purchased. I apologize that this happened. As for a rough area I would by know means call it a rough area. It is an older part of down town and you have a lot of transient travelers.

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Downtown location good. Room ok but not special. Breakfast satisfactory but not out of the ordinary. Reception staff less than helpfull.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 18, 2011

If you want to stay in downtown Corpus, this is a pretty good hotel, right by the marina/pier with beautiful view of the bay. Our room was clean and bed was comfortable; but don't expect much from the hot breakfast-the eggs were funny looking, sausage was ok, did not try the biscuit and gravy, waffles were good and juice and coffee average.
You can also walk to a fairly good seafood restaurant. I was not disappointed with the hotel, I was surprised to find out that there is not much to do in downtown, except for this 1 restaurant close by, everything is closed! I was hoping for more shops, coffee houses, and restaurants but it is pretty dead at night in downtown.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple