We are Gold Priority Club members and love Holiday Inn and other IHG properties. This Holiday Inn was a much anticipated final stop at the end of a road trip, but shortly after we arrived we wished we had kept driving home. The room had a terrible odor, the paint was peeling, there were extension cords causing a trip hazard in the room. The pool bar was just a small over crowded area that closed early. The walls were paper thin and the guest next door kept us awake all night with her coughing. We spent extra and advance reserved a king bed with a balcony over looking the ocean but we were given 2 queen beds with view obstructed by a partition and charged the same. The water in the shower changed temperatures with no warning. The internet was slow, the front desk and staff were very rude and when we voiced our concerns their reply was telling is we were lucky to get a room at all even though we had booked in advance. The dining area was filthy, at breakfast the floor was sticky with French fries under our table, and service and food were terrible. There were no other restaurants in walking distance. This was probably one of the worst hotels we ever stayed in. I would definitely never book another night here and would tell anyone coming to this area avoid and stay away. There is nothing positive I can think of to say about this property even it's location is not worth the poor condition of this place, it's a dump and definitely not worth the inflated prices they charge for their rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn