This hotel is in dire need of a full renovation... This is an older property that needs some major overhaul, and up-keep. The hotel is situated right on the beach, which is a redeeming quality. Beautiful views and weather. When I first arrived at the property the first thing I noticed is the difficult if not confusing traffic pattern in teh valet/registration area. There were a bunch of golf carts blocking the way, and arrows the contradicted the traffic pattern all through the parking lot. When i checked in the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. I had key in hand within 3 - 5 minutes and un-packing my vehicle. The elevators were extremely small and almost unusuable by the valet carts(barely fit). The room was old and dated with mid to late 90's decor. I guess much as can be expected from a beach hotel. the room was comfortable and the matresses were satisfactory. My nose started burning the instant i arrived in the room. I believe it to be mold. Now I know mold is prevelant everywhere..just seemed to be an inordinate amount at this property. I checked out after two days due to the issue. I was directed by the front desk to a Staybridge in Corpus Christi...more on that next. One other thing...I know this was a holiday Inn and there is not free breakfast...but would it break you to have a coffee area in the lobby in the morning?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort in Corpus Christi, Texas is North Padre Island s only full service hotel located directly on the Gulf of Mexico.Hand painted murals liven the inside and summer weekend entertainment livens the outside at our Sand Bar. Seasonal children s activities, an outdoor playground, and indoor game room create a perfect family beach vacation. Two large outdoor swimming pools overlook the natural beauty of the ocean and there are many direct beach access points. Both corporate and leisure guests will appreciate the meeting and banquet facilities. Every guestroom has a microwave and mini-fridge and many offer an ocean view and a balcony. The Beachside Grill and Lounge complete this perfect hotel package!Golf and tennis are less than 1 mile from the hotel. The USS Lex Aircraft Museum and the Texas State Aquarium are 22 miles away.Downtown Corpus Christi provides night life fun, fishing and sightseeing boats and bicycle rentals. Sports enthusiasts can watch a baseball or football game at Whataburger Field, a hockey game at American Bank Center, or Texas A & M Islander basketball. Fish from Bob Hall pier, kayak around Packery Channel, surf at J. P. Luby Park, boat around Bird Island, or walk the many birding trails in the Coastal Bend. Book your hotel reservation with us today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, IHG and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - n. Padre Island Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn