“Restaurant of this hotel abysmal!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #32 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Minnesota
“Restaurant of this hotel abysmal!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

I'm not a complainer. Really. I get stuff happens and people make mistakes. In fact, I'm so easy going that I've never written a review. Until now. This restaurant -- on a Thursday night (bingo night according to the oh-so-beleaguered waitress (over a 100 people in the other room and just me waiting on them, 3 kids at home, etc)-- was so BAD that I had to say something. Where to begin? Ridiculously long wait. Not getting our drinks- hubby finally went directly to the bar to get it. And more...

Rather than giving a blow by blow of every damn thing tha was bad, let me say this

Waitress - step up and take responsibility for your customers
Asst manager- get the order right, follow through and make sure we got what we ordered
COok - someone who declines cheese likely will also decline butter. Also. Cook the food long enough to "thaw the frozen veggies"
Bartender. If a drink is sitting on your bar, not picked up, don't assume your job. Is done. Tell wait staff to follow thru
Manager - glad you want to now the details of what happened but this is a systemic problem not specific one. What's the big picture issue here? All staff people are busy assigning blame. How about these are all OUR customers from start to finish. Follow thru and get the job done and done WELL!

Room Tip: Please note- our room was fine, no complaints
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MayaJack
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear MayaJack,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. Please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience your restaurant experience may have caused you. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

My fiance' and I have stayed at this hotel once about three years back, and enjoyed it quite a bit so we decided to make reservations here once again. BAD IDEA. We arrived late so we thought to unwind in the hot tub, (most higher end hotels allow the hot tub open, just to keep quiet and no glass), so we hopped right in along with our two friends we invited over for a few drinks. After FIVE minutes of being in the hot tub a security officer yelled across the way to us (not even came up to us), and told us to get out and the hot tub was closed. I immediately walked over to him and told him that we were staying there and didn't know it was closed and asked what time they shut it down, he said ten. So I told him, that's fine I will go tell everyone to move it along and get out. While I was in the middle of telling my fiance' and guests that the hot tub was now closed, he RUDELY interrupted asking my fiance', "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH? GET OUT." My mouth dropped in shock. As we all walked out of the hot tub he kept telling us he was going to call the cops for our inconvenience. I was apalled. I went and told the night manager right away, and explained the situation and told him I totally understand the hot tub was closed and we were in the wrong, and we failed to read the sign (which was posted very small on a fence), and that we were cooperating when his security guard was very unprofessional and disrespectful and I didn't pay to stay at a hotel being treated like trash. He simply told me, "Okay, that's fine, but the hot tub WAS closed, the beach is open 24 hours...". What? I told him, you know what that's fine and walked away while he then said, "Make sure you keep quiet in your room." If that wasn't enough, when I got to my room I was freezing and called down stairs for an extra blanket brought to my room, when the night manager told me, "You can come down here and get it." I will NEVER stay here again, and advise anyone else thinking about it not to as well. To pay money to have a good time just to be treated like dirt is disgusting, wrong, and flat out unprofessional.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Brandi A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Dear Brandi A,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit and for taking the time to write about your recent experience at our hotel. We strive to accommodate all of our guests and their needs and I’m disappointed that we did not meet your expectations. I am sorry you were not satisfied with the service you received from our staff. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I want to extend my personal apology, and to thank you for helping us improve our hotel and services. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel and replace your bad experience with one that reflects our true standards.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

austin, tx
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We had to cancel our researvation at the Comfor Suites last second as we arrived and they were banging away on a roof replacement so were glad that the Holiday Inn was available and closer to the beach to boot. THe room was nice enough - a comfortable bed and good TV, microwave and fridge, they could have had it a bit more clean when we checked in - especially the windows and balcony which looked like they hadnt been cleaned in ages.
NEvertheless, we enjoyed our stay once the neighbors next to us were finally shamed into not smoking in their room - it was invading out space through the adjoining door.
Do yourself a favor and don't order the room service pizza - it was worse than frozen and three times the price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Husband and I stayed one night. It is an older hotel but is kept up nice. Bed was very comfortable and we both slept great. I saw families with children who were having a great time. Pool area was nice and it must have been heated. We would stay again and bring our children.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Stephanie H
Glen Rose, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My family and I travel to Padre at least once a year. We have stayed at this location many times. Direct Beach access, awesome views, fantastic Cabana! The AGM had just recently been put in place. She was fantastic. We had a slight accident while there, and she responded quickly and expressed genuine concern. I was treated to a follow up phone call from her after we got home just to make sure all was still ok. I think this is a lady with a vision to improve a hotel already in a fantastic location with many amenities.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Sparrowlw
South Padre Island, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Customer service was wonderful!! Our rooms were clean, beds comfy, great view, RIGHT on the beach and boardwalk. The price matched our budget and the hotel room meet our needs which was just to have a clean and comfy place to sleep and shower.

Room Tip: Book early to get a beach view with balcony room. That alone was worth the price!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel needs a facelift. They have obviously spent their money on large murals in the lobby and gaudy decor for the lobby and spent none where they needed to, on the rooms.
The rooms are old and musty smelling. Linens were older and rust stains. Also rooms had chipped paint and older furnishings. Not enough outlets older wiring the hotel had improvised by adding an extension cord and power strip...hazardous..carpets felt sticky but could have been humidity.
Very disappointed for the money...better to stay anywhere else....

Room Tip: Bar outside is not open right now...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family