“Good location. Old Hotel.”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #39 of 79 Hotels in Corpus Christi
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel is old and could really use a makeover. The hotel staff was very friendly and the location was nice right on the beach. If you're going for location this is a nice place, but otherwise I don't think I'd stay there again. I would never call this a 3 star hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Really enjoyed my stay in June. It is a little dated but the location makes up for that. The pool side bar was a fun place to sit and listen to live entertainment. Food was good in the restaurant. Hotel is right on the beach. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 8, 2012

The 50 y/o hotel (according to the desk clerk) had been updated but was still pretty shabby. The a/c didn't dry the air enough in the room so it was damp and hot or damp and cold. The restaurant was trying hard but didnt get there. The buffet was still being set up at 7:45 AM Its like a family runs the hotel and didn't spend the money to fix it up all the way bcs my room had undermount granite sink and a fairly new faucet. An entertaining mother daughter team of bar tenders/restaurant manager make the place more tolerable however. The chef got my food wrong two days running. To their credit they offered to fix it but I didnt chance that. Its a shame because the location rocks there's just so much work to be done. A light fixture above the shower in my room had exposed wiring. There was a light strip exposed w/stuff plugged in it and the rug was pulling away from the wall by the a/c where it got wet. I could have changed rooms true but I was working a tight schedule and didnt really have the time to. Besides the whole place was old I expected a whole new set of issues in a new room. I played it safe and didnt complain to the manager so thats my bad I guess but really?!. Wednesday morning I noticed two mysterious bites on my left leg. Hoping they are not fatal. Fleas or ants I'm thinking were in the bed.

Room Tip: The walls are paper thin here. Some young lady got lucky the first night in the room next to mine. E...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The staff was friendly and tried to be helpful but the place really needs an overhaul. There's water damage above the shower in room 205 it's cracking and falling down. I found the airconditioning cords to be spliced, probably a fire hazard. I actually found 1 cockroach in the bathroom. The manager came immediately and gave us vouchers for free breakfast which was nice of her. But the breakfast left a lot to be desired. Even ordering off of the menu isn't a safe bet. But the hotel was directly on the beach which was awesome. And there is an outdoor bar though it was closed during our stay there. We will be looking for different accomodations next summer when we visit again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2012

It is nice that the hotel is on the beach, has a small fridge and microwave and is a reasonable price. My biggest complaint is that there was no privacy between rooms. We could hear EVERYTHING our neighbors were doing.
The staff was especially friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mattmandy
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed here along a roadtrip in Texas, due to the proximity to the beach. I won this hotel on a priceline name your own price bid, but it was the priciest hotel of the trip - due to the location I'm sure. It was perfect for access to the beach, and the beach here is very clean. The room was clean and nice as well, although I did notice some mold on the bathroom ceiling. Not sure if they need better ventilation or if it was an issue with the proximity to the water. They gave us two queen beds instead of a king, but I didn't ask to be switched so not sure if they would have switched us or not. Room had fridge and microwave. They were doing construction on the restaurant area, so we couldn't access the indoor bar but they did offer to make us drinks and bring them out to us, although only until 9 pm.

There are also two more hotels directly across the road from this one, and I think next time I would stay in one of those. They looked to be newer and nicer, and you would still have super easy access to the beach, you would only have to walk across one road which isn't busy. The hotel bar wasn't open when we were there so I can't know if it got too loud.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This hotel might have rated a 4 until the weekend. Then the music started, right outside in the bar area that's about 20 feet from the building. It went on all Saturday afternoon and got even louder in the evening. After an irritating conversation with an assistant manager (whose only comment was that he'll have to tell the desk clerks to inform guests about the music), we will check out early tomorrow (Sunday) before it starts up again.
It is so loud you can barely carry on a conversation in your hotel room, much less try to watch a football game (we were) or take a nap. There are many families with children - good luck putting them to bed! We come to Corpus often and thought we'd found a great new place, but we'll never stay here again. I rarely give a negative review, but this is really lousy hospitality.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TXnonnie
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2012

Dear TXnonnie,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to stay with. I am deeply sorry you received service that was less than satisfactory. We are hospitality professionals and pride ourselves on delivering world class service. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Zelyn N