“Good location, but it's a PARTY hotel.”

Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island
Ranked #39 of 80 Hotels in Corpus Christi
San Antonio, Texas
“Good location, but it's a PARTY hotel.”
Reviewed June 12, 2012

Our family was very disappointed in this hotel, it has so much potential. First, the location is great, right on the beach. There is no free breakfast, we didn't try the restaurant. The elevators are really small and very slow. Our main complaint is that this is a party hotel. We have 2 small children and were very upset with the drunks in and around the hotel. This hotel has an outside bar and live entertainment, so it attracts many people who are not staying at the hotel. There is not way to keep non guests of hotel out of the pool area and beach access, as it is all open and located together. We were not able to swim at all because it was so crowded, and people are drinking and smoking all around this area. People also hang out just outside the doors of hotel and smoke continuously. We were very uncomfortable coming and going as there are many unsavory people lingering around. Our neighbor across the hall kept coming/going in the late hours of the night, completely drunk and very loud. The pool was supposed to close around midnight, however there were people in it until 3-4am. Overall, we loved the location and liked the safe in the room, however, if you are a family, beware of the partying. We did not vacation during any type of spring break or party time of year either.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 528Mom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear 528Mom,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I'm so glad you liked the great location of our hotel. I'm deeply sorry for the overall experience you had during you stay. I understand the discomfort this has caused you and your family. I would love to discuss this with you in further details so I have sent you a private message. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Anthony M
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Converse
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We stayed at this Holiday Inn 31 May to 3 June 2012-3 Nights. Lights were burned out-Microwave didn't work, Air Conditioner was so noisy, my wife couldn't even hear me snore. My daughter's AC actually had to be replaced. The Elevators are so small, one has to wait twice as long to get upstairs. We had a nice large room but not very friendly. When you pay $150 a night, you expect a little bit more. The Comfort Suites across the street was a much better hotel and had a free Breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to Comfort Suites.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank yalehaus-Texas

Travelers are raving about these Corpus Christi hotels

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 10, 2012

I thought that I would be staying at a nice, fun hotel on the beach. I was disappointed with my stay here. The hotel is older and it definitely shows. The air conditioner (window unit) in our room was very loud when it was running. The bathroom sink was cracked. The ceiling had a huge spot were there had been a leak. There was hardly any storage for our clothes. We lived out of our suitcases. The furniture was worn out.The bed was hard. The pool area is small and crowded. The beach area cardwas overtaken with vehicles parked all over the place. We drove to Malaquite Beach and paid the extra money for a nice beach that was less crowded. There is an outdoor bar and live band every night. People who aren't staying at the hotel come to get drunk and party. It gets a little wild at night. The parking lot is really crowded. The parking lot got so full that some guests had to park along the side of the street at the entrance to the hotel. There were always big trucks along the side of the road that made it hard to see when exiting the parking lot. Guests are not supposed to smoke in the hotel, but the guests staying in the room next to us were and you could smell the smoke in the hallway. People would sit outside the main doors of the hotel and smoke. Every time I came in and out, I had to walk through their smoke, which is gross to me. I left some change on the TV stand and when we came back from the beach it was gone. Housekeeping had been in our room to change out our towels and make the bed. I dont want to acuse them, but I dont know how else it would have disappeared. I won't be staying here again. There are some nice hotels across the street that I will consider. They are Comfort Suites and the Hawthorn. We have stayed at Surfside before and I would stay there again as well. I would re consider if you are thinking about staying here.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ChelleAnnPotter
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear ChelleAnnPotter,

Ferdinand G
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed here last weekend and were able to relax and enjoy the beach. The bar was nice, the rooms were fine, and the service was friendly. The restaurant was a little overpriced for the quality, $30 for two for breakfast. The bed was firmer than we usually like also. The nicest part was being right on the beach. Chair rental is $15 for a day and well worth it to sit off the sand, right next to the water. Overall, it was a pretty good value, and I would recommend staying here if you just want to be near the water.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank timfaraway
Texas
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Right on the beach in North Padre Island. Excellent location. Stayed in a balcony room which is very nice and paid the price for it ~$270. Stay away from the balcony rooms close to the bar if you don't want to hear the loud music and people talking. The hotel needs a more aggresive upkeep. I understand that the salt and ocean breeze tends to wear things out faster but more the reason to do a more detailed maintenace. Rooms have a mini fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Bathrooms are small but OK. The restaurant is privately owned. Has very good breakfast but the rest of the menu is mediocre. It really needs a better restaurant. Service is OK.

Room Tip: Choose a balcony room but away from the bar side of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Luv2travel65
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, July 7, 2012
Dear Luv2travel65,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased you liked the location of our hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I’m sorry you were not fully satisfied with the accommodations received. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Pflugerville
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Stayed here last June 2011--Did not know I could post a review-water was shut off for 3 hours to the whole hotel with no apology or reason why. Rooms were cleaned late-between 2-5pm- bad televisions in room-Nothing in the game room worked--The hotel did not police guests not staying at the hotel (though armbands issued) using the small pool area--Anyone can just walk in and did!!! Food in restaurant so-so. Customer service at desk was terrible--Never enough towels at the front. Too much money paid for a horrible experience. DON'T DO IT!! The only nice thing the kids liked was the bunk beds in the room-though we had to call maintenance to replace the TV which was not working. So sad-there is so much potential for this hotel.

Room Tip: Kids like bunk bed rooms.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank Y S
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Dear Y S,

Thank you for leaving a review about your stay from last year. We have made many changes since June 2011. We welcome you to come back for a new experience.

Katie J
texas
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Love the location step away from the beach and away from busy streets. heated pool abd hot tub clean.
Comfortable beds
Resturant owned by different company then Holiday inn.. staff staff was not helpful or friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank nonnie40
, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - N. Padre Island, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear nonnie40,

Thank you very much for your recent review. I am so glad that you enjoyed the location of our property and our comfortable beds. I am sorry to see you received service that was less than satisfactory. I assure you that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate departments. We greatly appreciate your feedback as this gives us the avenue to improve on our guest satisfaction. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Anthony M