My husband and I travel all over the country for his job. The company pays for our accommodations, so we didn't have a choice in staying here. We've been here for a week and a half so far. There are 2 elevators on each floor across from each other. One of them seems to be out of service every few days. Yesterday we got in one, and it went up then slipped back down and shook. Did this on every floor until we were finally able to get off on the third floor. (our room is on the 5th floor). Elevator floors are always wet also from all the kids here on weekends using the pool. Internet is very slow. The first room we were in we weren't able to even connect to the internet. They did move us to another room, and more often than not, IF we are able to even connect to wireless, it's extremely slow. Weekends are horrible! Seems this is the hotel where all the schools stay when in town for sports tournaments. Buses take up 7 spaces each of the beachfront parking, and front parking instead of parking in the back of the parking lot like they should. Our parking lot is also parking for public beach access so you can just about forget about finding a parking spot on the weekends. So far I have found 2 dead roaches in this room, and a few in the first room we were in also. Wallpaper is peeling in places, and there are water spots on the ceiling. There is no microwave or fridge in the room either. The hotel doesn't have any laundry facility, so our clothes have to be taken to the wash and fold. On the plus side, this is a pet friendly hotel, and the housekeeping staff on our floor are great. Rooms are quiet also. It's an ok hotel, but definitely wouldn't stay here if we were able to pick our own hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of casual relaxation and business convenience, with the most unique hotel location in downtown Corpus Christi. Just minutes from downtown businesses, you can enjoy fresh sea air and sand between your toes as you walk the beach behind our hotel. Our spacious bay front rooms, with fantastic views of the bay and marina, featuring free high-speed Internet connection will allow you to relax and conduct business. Enjoy a hearty breakfast in our dining room or room service on your balcony, or maybe a cocktail at our beach side bar. Just a ten minute drive or open air trolley ride gets you to area attractions, such as Texas State Aquarium or the USS Lexington Museum. After work we will provide transportation to downtown restaurants and entertainment. When its time to leave we will take you to the airport as well. Try Emerald Beach once and we are sure you will return every time you visit Corpus Christi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TravelClick, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Emerald Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Corpus Christi - Emerald Beach Hotel Corpus Christi
- Corpus Christi Holiday Inn